Quantcast Leave in 13 days still haven't gotten our waitlist!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leave in 13 days still haven't gotten our waitlist!

Is this normal? Never done a waitlist before. I went on Disney's site and there are still rooms available for cash. If we get there and those rooms are available for cash do they make those rooms available to dvc members?
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, cash rooms are totally separate. There have been many explanations of this, but the short version is that cash rooms are from a separate inventory (generally, either they are rooms that are part of the mandatory inventory that must not be sold to members or they have been converted to cash through the use of member exchanges w. DCL, RCI, etc.).

Also, remember that your waitlist expires either 30 days from your trip or, if you specified it, 7 days out. Call MS and check if you are uncertain.

BTW, if your waitlist is for BCV or BWV, I would not hold my breath with it still being Food & Wine. Still, good luck, I hope it comes through for you
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by DVC that by law they have to have cash rooms available. They do not allow DVC members to take them. Like the previous poster mentioned you will have to call back and make sure you are on the 7 day before wait list. They do automatically take you off the waitlist 30 days before.
    The waitlist has never worked for me. My home resort is SSR. I hope it works for you!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my wait lists have come a short time (days to a few weeks) from when I make my 7 month mark ressies. I attribute this to those making their ressies 11 months out to secure accommodations and switch it up to somewhere else soon after 7 months.

Like said before, you have to specify if you want to wait 7 days out. If you didn't do it, then you are off the waitlist.

Even if you aren't staying in your first choice, you're at Disney!! What could beat that!?
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Here now, our waitlist never came through. We did get a little upgrade calling about a week before we left to a Treehouse Villa for four days. It is crowded here at the moment. Remember if you change your points might get screwed up. Make sure with member services before you make the change.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the waitlist for a stay MLK weekend and getting anxious! I know we have time but I can't help it. We have a 2-bedroom at OKW but are on the waitlist for the BW or BLT. We did specify that we wanted the 7-day waitlist so maybe that will help.

Fingers crossed that one of these comes through!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: