Quantcast 2011-12 Armed Forces Salute - EXTENSION ANNOUNCED! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti View Post
    Can you extend the passes from 4-days to 6-days and if so, what is the cost?
    No, you can't upgrade or extend them in any way. You'd just have to pay for the additional 2 park days if you want a longer trip.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do tickets have to be used on 4 consecutive days?

We are going in November for 6 days. Planning on attending the MVMCP on one of those days. Does the ticket have to be used on 4 consecutive days, or can we use the ticket for 2, take a day off to go to MVMCP, then 2 days back?
    Disneyland numerous times as child
    Offsite - November 1973
    Shades of Green - October 2004
    Shades of Green - October 2007
    Boardwalk Villas - November 2011
    Saratoga Springs - April 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydaisy View Post
    We are going in November for 6 days. Planning on attending the MVMCP on one of those days. Does the ticket have to be used on 4 consecutive days, or can we use the ticket for 2, take a day off to go to MVMCP, then 2 days back?
    You don't have to use it on consecutive days. You just have to use all 4 days by the expiration date of the ticket (which will be Sept 30, 2012).
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the answer to this scenario:

Active Duty SPOUSE purchases TWO Salute hoppers. Activates them and uses them.

A couple months later, Active Duty Member wants to purchase 4 Salute Hoppers, to activate and use.

Can this be done? Or, do all 6 tickets need to be purchased/activated at the same time? Anyone know?

I have purchased 2 Salute hoppers for my sister and I to use on our upcoming May trip (I'm the spouse!).

DH and I have been talking about taking a trip down to WDW as a family, when we move in July, and need to "kill some time" waiting for our shipment. Can we do this?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can. When I purchased our tickets last year, less than we were allowed, they told us at the ITR that we could come back and purchase the rest of what we were allowed any time. It is tied to his SSN on the computer so they know how many you have purchased. I may be wrong about this for this year but that is what was told to me last year.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I think you can. When I purchased our tickets last year, less than we were allowed, they told us at the ITR that we could come back and purchase the rest of what we were allowed any time. It is tied to his SSN on the computer so they know how many you have purchased. I may be wrong about this for this year but that is what was told to me last year.
    Where did they link it to the SSN? At the time of purchase? Or, at activation?

I purchased these over the phone from our base ITT office (we live 45 min away, and I didn't have the time to make the drive). They didn't ask for ANY identifying info that I was eligible to purchase the tickets. They just asked "who is the military member in your family" and I said "my husband". That was all. No name, nothing. So, when I activate them with my military dependent ID, is that the point where it becomes linked to my husband's SSN?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Where did they link it to the SSN? At the time of purchase? Or, at activation?

I purchased these over the phone from our base ITT office (we live 45 min away, and I didn't have the time to make the drive). They didn't ask for ANY identifying info that I was eligible to purchase the tickets. They just asked "who is the military member in your family" and I said "my husband". That was all. No name, nothing. So, when I activate them with my military dependent ID, is that the point where it becomes linked to my husband's SSN?
    Natalie,

When we purchased ours over the phone I had to fax a copy of DH's military ID before they'd allow me to purchase the tickets. Then he had to show the ID at time of ativation. I don't know when exactly the tickets were linked to his SSN.

To answer your first question, I've heard both that you can purchase them at different times just as long as your total doesn't exceed 6 tickets. I've also heard people report that they were told all tickets had to be purchased at the same time, which makes no sense to me. 6 tickets should be 6 tickets no matter when you purchase them. Let us know what you find out officially. I'd love to know as well.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks for the experiencees. It's still only a small chance that we'll be going this summer. I've already paid for two tickets that my sister and I will be using in a couple weeks, so if you have to buy them all at the same time, oh well.

I guess we'll find out if/when we make our final decision.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I think I saw you had to buy them all at one time as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how you were able to purchase them through the mail without showing his ID. I had to show an ID to purchase and that is when they put it in the computer. When we activated at the gate, he had to show his ID again and they put us in their computers again at the check in. I guess we will see if they have changed the rules this year. But the story was different last year depending on who you asked and where you bought your tickets, so who knows. Good luck! Wish we were going.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I'm not sure how you were able to purchase them through the mail without showing his ID. I had to show an ID to purchase and that is when they put it in the computer. When we activated at the gate, he had to show his ID again and they put us in their computers again at the check in. I guess we will see if they have changed the rules this year. But the story was different last year depending on who you asked and where you bought your tickets, so who knows. Good luck! Wish we were going.
    I know, I thought it was odd too. I usually go on base to buy the tickets, but last time I drove all the way down there just to buy theme park tickets, the woman who helped me said "you didn't have to drive all the way down here, you know. You can order any of the tickets we sell over the phone and we can just FedEx them to you." When buying in person, I had to show my military ID, so I don't understand how they can do it over the phone? In any event, I guess they figure that no one would bother to try to fraudulently buy these tickets since it requires you to present military ID when you activate them anyway.

Who knows. Looks mostly like we're NOT going to WDW this summer anyway, so probably won't even be an issue.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if you are a Military widow if you are able to get the room discount and/or discount tickets?
    I know when they did this offer in 2009 my mother being a navy widow was able to get the armed forces salute tickets.
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see this mentioned, but there is a rumor floating around that Disney has lifted the "6 tickets per offer" limit. It is stated that you can now take advantage of the ticket offer as often as you'd like during the offer as long as only 6 tickets are purchased per transaction, and I'm guessing that goes for activating the tickers as well. Anyone else hear anything like this?

This would work out great for us. We have just decided to take a trip for Christmas, and also plan on trying to take another short trip for the IronMan race in May. It would be great to be able to use the ticket discount on both trips!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I don't see this mentioned, but there is a rumor floating around that Disney has lifted the "6 tickets per offer" limit. It is stated that you can now take advantage of the ticket offer as often as you'd like during the offer as long as only 6 tickets are purchased per transaction, and I'm guessing that goes for activating the tickers as well. Anyone else hear anything like this?

This would work out great for us. We have just decided to take a trip for Christmas, and also plan on trying to take another short trip for the IronMan race in May. It would be great to be able to use the ticket discount on both trips!
    I can see that being true. As I said, when we purchased the tickets, no record was made WHO was purchasing them. No SSN was asked for, or anything. Now, when we did finally activate them at WDW, the woman took down a WHOLE lot of information. Name, address, phone number, email, and sponsor SSN, and she did ask to see the military ID. So, at the point of activation, they do track it.

That would be great if it was true, and smart on Disney's part. I don't know of any other theme park or amusement park that has a restriction on the number of military priced tickets one purchases in any given amount of time. I can buy discount tickets on base to, say, Legoland every week if I wanted to. Since there is no restriction on how often you can use the military room discount, there should be no restriction on how often you can purchase the specially priced tickets either.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so it appears the "unlimited" tickets were short lived. I did see reports of people who bought the tickets after that announcment was made a few weeks ago, and they were indeed able to purchase more than 6 tickets, as well as activate them, just as long as they were puchased in seperate transactions on seperate days. Lucky for those who were able to get this done in the short time period it was allowed.

This is what just came out, posted by a ticket booth CM. According to what I read this is posted inside some or all of the ticket boths regarding the military salute tickets. I'm just putting the tidbits about the amount of tickets you can purchase.

*• Guests may participate in this offer two (2) separate times during the entire duration of this promotion."

So it appears that it is limited to twice during the period October 24, 2010 and September 30, 2012. *

Pretty much looks like nothing has changed. This promotion covers 2 years, and guests are allowed to purchase the tickets twice during that time period, therefor still basically once per year. For those who didn't use the tickets the first year, they can use them twice in the second year, which appears to be the only change.

We already used these tickets in March of 2011, and plan to use them again in Dec. 2011. We were hoping to be able to use them again in May of 2012, but it looks like we are out of luck for that trip. At least we can still get the room discount again in May.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to post in there today about this. Funny.

My friend went to our local base here in Tampa yesterday to purchase her tickets, and they told her she'd need to purchase all six at that time, or she'd be out of luck.

Too bad this didn't pan out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Too bad this didn't pan out.
    Yes, I was hoping they would allow us to use the ticket discount as often as we wanted since we can do so with the room discount. However, I do see where it could get out of hand with there being no limit. I'd hate to see the discount go away completely if Disney felt they were being taken advantage of. And I'd really hate to see them limit the tickets to immediate family, which would allow them to offer the ticket discount as often as the guest would like and avoid the tickets being sold for a profit, or guests taking huge groups with them. But those who aren't married and/or with children should be able to use the discount with friends, so I don't ever wish them to do that even though it would benefit my family.

I am very happy with the current discounts, and I hope they continue to offer something to those who serve. We've taken serveral trips that we wouldn't have due in large part to these discounts, as I'm sure many others have as well.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I see Coast Guard is on the list of who qualifies what about Coast Guard Auxillary members? Is this offer god for active CG AUX. we do have photo ID'S and are allowed on the bases to shop at the base stores?

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine you can. Anyone with a military ID can use this.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

The wording is different between the SoG room eligibility, the Disney Military Discount, and the Armed Forces Salute tickets.

For SoG, eligible personnel include all military; Active, Retired, Guard, Reserve, and Midshipmen and Cadets from the service academys, including the Merchant Marine Academy, Coast...plus Department of Defense civilians. (plus others, too numerous to enumerate)

For the Disney incentives, including the Discount and the Military Promotional tickets, Active or Retired members of Armed Forces (including National Guard and Reservists) specifically means Active or Retired...drilling, but not Activated members of the Guard and Reserve are not eligible members for the Disney benefits...although they are elibigle for SoG...even though they do have reserve ID cards...And the SoG people (and I assume, the Disney people) know the difference between the cards.

Note that for Guard or Reserve ordered to Active Duty (mobilization orders, rather than Temporary Active Duty for Training), they can usually qualify for tickets and room discounts, with a set of orders to Active Status. I believe that those activated do have a grace period post de-activation to use the benefits, but I do not know the details.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: