Quantcast 2011-12 Armed Forces Salute - EXTENSION ANNOUNCED!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 2011-12 Armed Forces Salute - EXTENSION ANNOUNCED!

Great news!! This offer has been extended through October, 2012!

U.S. Military Can 'Let the Memories Begin' in 2011 With Special Ticket and Room Offers at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts
    Save up to 40% on rooms

At Walt Disney World® Resort
    - now through Sept. 28, 2011 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

•Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each, plus tax
    •Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, plus tax AND
    •Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and WaterParks Fun and More Options for $165 each, plus tax

At Disneyland® Resort
    - now through Sept. 28, 2011 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

•Disney Military Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $99 each

Disney Military Promotional Tickets can be purchased by active and retired U.S. military personnel for themselves and up to five additional family members or friends. No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any eligible member of the U.S. military (or spouse) pursuant to this offer. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by Oct. 1, 2011 (certain blockout dates apply). Active and retired U.S. military personnel can also save up to 40% on rooms at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels! This offer is valid for stays most nights now through Oct. 1, 2011, but is not valid at all Nov. 24 - Nov. 26, 2010 and Dec. 26 - Dec. 31, 2010 at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels or April 17 - April 30, 2011 at the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

(The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room.)

Let the Memories Begin

Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort are the perfect place to make family vacation memories that last a lifetime. "Let the Memories Begin" is about real guests making real Disney vacation memories. From now through 2011, Disney Parks will be inviting guests to share their favorite Disney vacation stories, videos and photos, thus collecting an amazing treasure trove of experiences that only Disney can provide. Guests can even categorize their Disney memory by theme, emotion and location. The website disneyparks.com/memories will become a hub of vacation memories as we invite guests to share memories of their favorite Disney vacations.

For information regarding Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort, or to make room reservations at the Walt Disney World Resort, military personnel may call 407/939-7830 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices. For information regarding Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort, or to make room reservations at the Disneyland Resort, military personnel may call 714/956-6424 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices.

Offer Details

•Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 28, 2011 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
    •"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
    •The actual prices charged at U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.
    •Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
    •Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2011, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.
    •Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to show valid military identification, no later than Oct. 1, 2011, in order for those Tickets to be used.
    •No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
    •Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2011).
    •Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.
    •Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2011. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: Dec. 27, 2010 through Dec. 31, 2010 and April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and July 4, 2011 at Magic Kingdom Park; and Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for the Disneyland Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: Dec. 24, 2010 through Jan. 1, 2011, Feb. 18, 2011 through Feb. 21, 2011, April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, and July 1, 2011 through July 4, 2011 at the Disneyland Theme Parks.
    Last edited by Melanie; 04-20-2011 at 07:08 AM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this will be helpful to quite a few folks! Thanks, Mel!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We are not planning on using these this year, but I do have a question. Can a person use more than one of these tickets? For example, if my DH, my son, and I each use one during a trip, can we each use another one to total 8 days per person, or are these limited to one ticket per person? Thanks.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We are not planning on using these this year, but I do have a question. Can a person use more than one of these tickets? For example, if my DH, my son, and I each use one during a trip, can we each use another one to total 8 days per person, or are these limited to one ticket per person? Thanks.
    I bet not Denise, if they do it as they have in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year, I asked if one person could use two tickets, and received an email (from SoG) stating that I could. I bought 6 tickets, and used two of them myself, and DS#2 and DDiL#2 each used two. When I activated them at the park, the first CM said I couldn't do this, but her supervisor quickly stepped in, and let me do it. The CM had me write the name of the user on each ticket, and emphasised that the ticket was not transferable. I used my tickets on six days. On two of those days, I hopped, by using each ticket once. So, in the past, they have allowed you to use the tickets as Buzznwoodysmom suggested.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    Last year, I asked if one person could use two tickets, and received an email (from SoG) stating that I could. I bought 6 tickets, and used two of them myself, and DS#2 and DDiL#2 each used two. When I activated them at the park, the first CM said I couldn't do this, but her supervisor quickly stepped in, and let me do it. The CM had me write the name of the user on each ticket, and emphasised that the ticket was not transferable. I used my tickets on six days. On two of those days, I hopped, by using each ticket once. So, in the past, they have allowed you to use the tickets as Buzznwoodysmom suggested.
    Good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that is great to know. I did, however, run the numbers and while you will save a bit on these tickets by using two tickets per person, the savings aren't as much as I thought they'd be when compared to purchasing an 8 day ticket of the same kind. But still....saving is saving....right?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Are there blackout dates for the resort discount?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

There usually isn't a black out on resorts during that time because you can stay at the resort and not go to the parks. I'm surprised they are doing it for a whole year this time. Usually they don't come out with this until after the first of the year. Each year they get a little more expensive and more black out dates though. I am confused as to why they are blocking the military on these dates, especially 4th of July. That sounds really strange.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I think the July 4 blackout is somewhat insulting...

Anyway, I did some digging and found a few resort black out dates:

11/24-11/26/10, 12/26-12/31/10, 4/17-4/20/11
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Edited my first post to include official press release.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about these. It's been a few years since we used them.

Once the tickets are activated/used, do they have to be used within a certain number of days?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I have a question about these. It's been a few years since we used them.

Once the tickets are activated/used, do they have to be used within a certain number of days?
    Last year, I was told that they could be used until the end date of the promotion. Assuming that they will do it the same way next year, the end date is Oct 1, 2011. Once activated, the tickets are ok until that date.
    Next Visit-June 2013

83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    99 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I think the July 4 blackout is somewhat insulting...

Anyway, I did some digging and found a few resort black out dates:

11/24-11/26/10, 12/26-12/31/10, 4/17-4/20/11
    I think it is very insulting also to our military after all they have done for us, especially on 4th of July. And you will note that the resort black out dates are all on holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter when most military would have some time off to go to the parks. We were going to try to go at Christmas but both the ticket and resort blackout dates are during this time period.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I think it is very insulting also to our military after all they have done for us, especially on 4th of July. And you will note that the resort black out dates are all on holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter when most military would have some time off to go to the parks. We were going to try to go at Christmas but both the ticket and resort blackout dates are during this time period.
    Just so you know, last year, we stayed at WDW over spring break, and the military room discount blackout dates began 2 days after we checked in. By checking in 2 days prior, we were able to have the room discount for the entire stay. Magical Journeys took care of our reservation for us.

So, if you can arrive even the day before the blackout dates start, you'll be good!

Unless they changed this too...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I didn't think of that. Wasn't sure if that would work or not. Looks like the resorts and tickets are both blacked out for the week after Christmas. We will just have to book for the week before. Does anyone know how crowded the parks are the week after Christmas? Someone was asking me the other day who would like to take their first trip at that time.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

The week before christmas is a great time to go. The week after christmas is crowded, and even though the hours are usually longer, it is a questionalble time to recommend for a first timer. Having said that, we did a 3 day stay at SoG one year with 4 first timers, including a (usually) skeptical DDiL. She couldn't wait to go back! We packed a lot into those 3 days. Just as any other visit, no matter how long, we didn't do it all, but we did a lot. One issue was the cool (cold) evenings, especially with youngsters. We all wound up buying sweaters and sweat shirts.

If you are intent on staying over Christmas, you can't beat the rate at SoG. That year, the bus drivers all lead the riders in Christmas Carols.
    Next Visit-June 2013

83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    99 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I think black-out days, period, are insulting. Troops don't get to select their dates of return. What if the time off only lines up with black-out dates?

I realize the black-out times are short, but they bother me in principle.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Does the military person have to travel with us? My father inlaw who is up in age served in the navy for many years. He may not be able to travel at this point. Can he purchase tickets for his family without traveling with us?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Does the military person have to travel with us? My father inlaw who is up in age served in the navy for many years. He may not be able to travel at this point. Can he purchase tickets for his family without traveling with us?
    No. First of all, he'd have to be retired military, with a current military i.d. card that has on base privileges. Serving for "many years" does not automatically qualify someone for this offer. He'd need to show that to purchase the tickets AND to activate them AT WDW. So, unless someone else is traveling with you who has an active military i.d., you're out of luck. Remember, this offer is in support of active duty and retired military families. It's not meant for people far removed from military status (i.e. "in laws") unless the military person is part of the travel party.

For example, last year we took advantage of this offer. My DH is active duty. My MIL and BIL came with us. They were able to take advantage because MIL has a military dependent i.d. card (her husband was a 100% disabled veteran). She bought her own tickets and used her own i.d. for her hotel discount. My FIL did not come with us (he was in the hospital), but we had plenty of military i.d. cards to qualify ALL of us for the offer.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: