Quantcast disney cruise vs other lines

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default disney cruise vs other lines

We are huge Disney fanatics and have been to WDW many times. We have never been on their cruise line though. We have been on other lines, but Disney cruises always seem much more expensive. Are they worth the extra money? We will be traveling with a 2 yr old so I'm sure he would love it.
    Also are their codes for discounts on the cruise line like you get for WDW?
    Thanks!
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In a word, YES!!

Castaway alone is worth it. Add to that the shows, rotational dining, free sodas, and the "Magical Extra's" and you will NOT be disappointed!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen a code for the cruise, but the prices change dramaticaly depending on when you go. You can check out the prices on the DCL website.

I've only been on one other cruise and I thought Disney was much, much better.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We have taken a Disney 2 wk cruise from LA to Florida with two small children. We loved the access to all the characters--tons of interaction there. The Princess at Sea party was wonderful, as was the tea with Wendy. My kids loved Goofy's Pajama party and all the fun activities in the kids areas. The Pirates party was great with Stitch as well. We thought Castaway Cay was awesome and we followed Katrina in--couldn't tell anything had happened there. There was so much Disney extra onboard that it was really nice--pin trading, movies, characters, great food, Animation class/lecture--nothing like taking instruction from Don "Ducky" Williams on how to draw Mickey. My favorite dining was the animators palette? dining room. Oh and the Rainforest room in the Spa area is just fabulous--definitely need to try that! Heated tile lounge chairs, saunas, a couple different steam rooms--start the day here and playing with kids in the Mickey pool all day is easy! This was our first exposure to what Disney has to offer, so we were thrilled.
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been on Carnival/Royal Caribbean and Disney Cruise Lines? If so are they better or worse? As in more fun, more things to do? Thanks!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

When I was younger we did rccl and service was top notch, six course dinners ( not that you need that much food, but the service was outstanding).

As an adult I have cruised dcl and rccl. We did the dcl before rccl and I wish we hadn't. ( Dcl was with kids rccl was not. ) Nothing compares to the service and attention to detail that we got from dcl! With rccl I couldn't wait to get Off the boat and will not do again! The service was ok but the food was terrible (I compare it yo catered food) just barely etible. This was at both the buffet and dining room! There were some activities, little interested us.I didn't feel that we saved that much money....had the kids been with us we would have paid about the same as dcl. However we did book the rccl cruise 3 weeks out. (and three years apart).
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: