Quantcast Caribbean Beach tips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caribbean Beach tips?

Hi everyone. Our family has been to Disney World several times, but not for a loooong time.

This is the first time we've ever stayed in a moderate resort, and will be the very first time we've even SEEN this resort -- Caribbean Beach. We're going with my daughter's dance group.

I know absolutely nothing about the resort. I see the details on Intercot and am making notes, but I realized you guys might have some insider tips for the resort???

Also, how much does it cost to get a refrigerator for this resort? Do they have a place to buy stuff to put in the refrigerator, or do you have to go elsewhere to get milk, soda pop and basics like that?

We're going Thursday, Oct. 14th - Monday, Oct. 18th. A family of four - me and DH with two daughters ages 12 and 15.

Thanks - just trying to plan ahead, save money, and make the trip as smooth as possible! ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE IS WELCOME!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A refrigerator fee is not charged in your moderate resort. You can bring water and soda from home and you can purchase milk at the resort store. You can purchase water and soda from the resort store also but if you are driving it is so much less expensive to bring along soda and water. CBR is a large but lovely Epcot resort. I enjoy that it is so close to Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

CBR is a very spread out resort. We stayed in Jamaica, which we thought very centrally located and was a nice leisurely walk to the food court area.

CBR has many (7?) bus stops, so there should be one outside whichever building complex you are in. They also have an internal bus that simply goes around the resort, stopping at each building plus Port Royale check in area. One note to remember, both coming and going. Luggage is not allowed on the Disney bus systems. Especially on departure day, if you lug all your bags to the internal bus, the bus driver will not let you on. I've seen many grumpy guests get turned back, but it's well posted.

CBR has a very nice food court and it's own restaurant, Shutters, so you always have that option for dining at your resort.

CBR being a moderate comes with a small complimentary fridge, basically a "dorm" style fridge. Good for storing pop, juices and water, but you wouldn'g be putting an evenings worth of leftovers in there.

CBR is fairly centrally located, closest to Epcot I believe. It has it's own resort bus which is nice.

All in all we enjoyed it there, would have no qualms about going back, although I think I prefer POR-AB a bit more (just barely).

Post Thanks / Like

I really like CBR - I like it a lot better than POR-AB which was mentioned by the PP. I stayed in the Martinique building which was close to the main building and was good on the bus stop route. There's not many tips I can give you, though. That particular trip of mine was leave early, get back late, so we didn't do much there. The food court was just OK as I recall. And it seems like the gift shop was small compared to Coronado or AKL...but I just might be mis-remembering. Anyway, you'll have a good time there.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: