Quantcast MLB Playoffs - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    As a Yankee fan sitting back waiting to see who is next? And hoping for a nice 20 inning bullpen destroying game 5!
    Either way we get a nice present of no matter who wins their ace can only face the Yanks twice in the next series.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Phillies are just amazing. I think the current incarnation of the team is the best we've ever had. Cole was AMAZING last night and I have no doubt Roy O. will pull himself together for the NLCS.

The ATL-SF game hasn't ended yet but the Braves are losing. If they somehow manage to pull it out, and go on to win the series I will definitely be watching the ATL games in a rowdy bar setting. "The Chop" is driving me INSANE. It's kind of a cool thing to do every once and a while but jeez!!!! It's been like non stop throughout the duration of these games!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    "The Chop" is driving me INSANE. It's kind of a cool thing to do every once and a while but jeez!!!! It's been like non stop throughout the duration of these games!
    Sorry it's driving you INSANE.

Thanks for the memories Bobby. You will be missed!

Post Thanks / Like

Apology accepted!!! It haunted my dreams all last night. Happy I don't have to hear it anymore.
    Best of luck to Bobby in his retirement.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomahawk Chop never really bothered me, but I was used to it from FSU.

This is a Phillies fan who always respected Bobby Cox for being able to maintain his team at such a high level all those years. It wasn't all Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz either (though that didn't hurt) I heard driving into work today that he had 9 different closers during their 14 year playoff run. I watched his press conference after the game and it was really touching.

Hats off to the Giants who stopped their celebration to applaud Bobby Cox. Very classy move ! Sadly, you don't see teams being respectful to one another any more. I liked that the Phillies sat in the dugout during Bobby Cox's celebration last weekend. It honestly bothered me when I was at the Wall of Fame ceremony for Harry Kalas in 2009 and the Marlins were not sitting in the dugout during the celebration.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

As for tonight's game...

LET'S GO RAYS!!!
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Can't say I'm elated at the match-up. I mean part of me says you need to beat the best if you want to be the best, but at the same time I'd have felt a whole lot more confident about getting past the Braves than the Giants.

This pitching duel on Saturday should be something to watch, though.

As far as the AL playoffs go, I'm going to have to (strangely enough) pull for either Texas or the Yankees. I feel like the Phils could deal with the Rangers fairly easily if they make it to the Series and I feel like they'll be major revenge motivation on the Phils' side if they face the Yankees.

But I don't really want to face the Rays, because they owe us for 2008 and in professional sports revenge is a powerful motivator. They'd play their hearts out to beat the Phillies if they met again in the Series.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Hats off to the Giants who stopped their celebration to applaud Bobby Cox. Very classy move ! Sadly, you don't see teams being respectful to one another any more. I liked that the Phillies sat in the dugout during Bobby Cox's celebration last weekend. It honestly bothered me when I was at the Wall of Fame ceremony for Harry Kalas in 2009 and the Marlins were not sitting in the dugout during the celebration.
    And this solidifies my dislike for the Marlins organization as a whole. My understanding is they were on the only team that didn't do something for Bobby when he was making his last appearances at the various stadiums.

And Maryanne, I'm so glad you don't have to hear the Chop anymore too. You know, it was just a stadium full of fans trying to help their team win and continue on for Bobby.

Now....LET'S GO RAYS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I knew that apology was sarcastic when I read it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously I was being sarcastic/hyperbolic as well. I get the point of the chop and I think it's kind of a cool chant but it gets annoying after a continuous 8 minutes, that's all. I know why they do it, it's just like a "Let's go ____" Chant you hear at other parks. At any rate I think it proves a point that I was debating with someone the other day about the impact the crowd can have on a game.

My good luck to Bobby Cox was sincere.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    And this solidifies my dislike for the Marlins organization as a whole. My understanding is they were on the only team that didn't do something for Bobby when he was making his last appearances at the various stadiums.
    Does it do anything to soften your dislike for the Phillies?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As for tonight's game...

LET'S GO RAYS!!!
    Now....LET'S GO RAYS!!!
    Oops ....
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, oops. Great pitching wins almost every time. My hubby is happy though.

Now, let's play hockey!

Post Thanks / Like

No oops needed. The team with the stronger pitching won. I'll be back to saying "Let's go Rays!" next season, regardless of the record.

I figure Lee will pitch in Yankee Stadium on Saturday on 3 days rest. Lee obviously doesn't have problems pitching in Yankee Stadium as we saw last year .

Mom is fully rooting on Phillies as she does not like either AL team left in the mix. Rangers took out her Rays and the Yankees, well, that's self explanatory. She isn't going to root for any other AL East team.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be back to saying "Let's go Rays!" next season, regardless of the record.
    Absolutely. A Carl Crawford-less Rays. Why can't we let BJ go and keep Carl? ugh

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have to say ... I really feel for the Rays franchise. To have such a talented team that gets absolutely zero fan support at the local level must be very frustrating.

And now, it seems, young stars like Longoria have lost the opportunity to contend for a title. Next season the Rays stand to lose the majority of their top tier talent ... if memory serves Crawford, Pena, Soriano are all free agents ... which means that their window is basically closed.

If I owned the Rays I think I'd have a very difficult time justifying not moving the team elsewhere.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If I owned the Rays I think I'd have a very difficult time justifying not moving the team elsewhere.
    Hmmm..how about to Tampa?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hmmm..how about to Tampa?
    Okay ... don't get it ... what's the joke?
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Okay ... don't get it ... what's the joke?
    No joke. St. Pete is waaaay out there! From my house in the eastern 'burbs of Tampa, it takes us an hour without traffic to get there. In comparison, it takes us 20 minutes to get to the Forum where the Lightning play, and 30 tops to get to Ray J where the Bucs play. This is a legit concern for most people around here, us included. I hear it on local sports talk radio, I hear it at my kids' ballgames, I hear at the kids' schools, I hear it at the grocery store. Who wants to drive that far to see a game in a dump? We do it multiple times a year, but we're serious baseball fans. But when school starts, all bets are off. Build a NICE stadium located centrally in Tampa, and they will come. Make it an experience. They will come from St. Pete, they will come from all around Tampa, and I venture to say they could even pull more from the east (Orlando area) with the shorter drive.

And granted, I don't know a lot about the Rays ownership like I do the Bucs and Lightning, but it is quite evident around here who goes out more in regards to advertising. You see Bucs and Lightning billboards everywhere. Buc and Lightning playes are making appearances all the time. Rays...nothing.

And even if they thought they were helping things, Price and Longo calling out the fans wasn't a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, but playing Devil's advocate for a minute how is the guy supposed to spend a fortune on advertising when he can at best only draw 20,000 fans to a game.

And I'm fairly certain he'll get zero support for public funding to help build him a new stadium in downtown Tampa or anywhere else.

I guess driving an hour to see a sporting event ... especially a World Series game! ... doesn't seem that daunting to me. That's how far I have to drive (maybe longer in traffic) if I want to see the Phils, Eagles, or Flyers.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: