Quantcast The INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Discussion - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    His voice is very familiar, almost eerily so, but I'm sure I've never met him, so it must be a Philly familiarity thing.
    For the record, it's not the first time I've been called eerie.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6 - Mom & Dad Ran Out of Tickets is now live. It should also be visable on iTunes in a couple hours

Enjoy & Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically, this interview from 1982 eerily matches our discussion from 2010 about the Disney Company and their current releases.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see it listed in the podcast notes, so is there no obligatory Duffy mention this time?

Post Thanks / Like

Good point - Duffy did not come up.

Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Good point - Duffy did not come up.

Amazing!
    If Carol could have joined us, there would have been!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see number 6 is up, though I haven't listened yet. I listen to a couple of different daily podcasts while I'm driving to and from work. The Intercot podcast are now in my favorites on my phone so it is easy to call them up.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I can pretty much guarantee there will be Duffy dialogue next time.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee there will be Duffy dialogue next time.
    Hmmm. Can't wait to hear if it's positive or negative.

Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6 was quite interesting. Thanks for giving me something great to listen to while at work!
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update - we're getting back on schedule now that the holidays are over and will be taping #7 this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait : ) The podcast is quickly becoming one of my favorites to listen to.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Oh boy ... you guys will definitely want to tune in for this one!

John's Christmas trip report is worth the listen all by itself.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennbunn View Post
    Can't wait : ) The podcast is quickly becoming one of my favorites to listen to.
    I agree. I listen to about 4 daily and or weekly podcast now, with the Intercot one being my only Disney podcast. Usually I have to wait for a break in my other podcasts, or when I get caught up, but it is always worth the wait.

I enjoyed episode 6. I liked the discussion on the public face of Disney. I agree that Eisner did a good job in that role and overall, I've always thought he did more good for the Walt Disney company than bad, but people seem to have a short memory.

Like Melanie, I feel like I grew up with Epcot, even though I didn't go to WDW until I was in my 20s. As a child I went to Disneyland, but my first trip to a three year old Epcot that still had the new theme park smell certainly made a lasting impression. I miss the rides gone, and for the most part the original versions of what is left at the park

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Oh boy ... you guys will definitely want to tune in for this one!

John's Christmas trip report is worth the listen all by itself.
    Looking forward to hearing it.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

George Lucas, Gary Busey and Kias are referenced in this episode. It was a long, strange trip.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoy the podcasts! While I don't agree with all of the points made, I find that they make me view things about Disney in a different light and that is always good!

I want to make a comment about something that was said recently regarding "Disney's answer to Harry Potter World." I just returned from Orlando, and I have to say that disney is not going to have to answer to HPW...it is answering for itself. I took a group of HS students ...many of which were huge HP fans...and even they had the same results. While the HP ride was amazing, the experience was far from enjoyable. Forget the waiting, forget the pass to get into the HPW...all expected...but just the fact that Universal is attempting to cram one of the biggest block buster characters into a part of the park that already was small to begin with. What were they thinking. At one time, the line to guest services of people complaining and demanding their money back was longer than the line to get butterbeer! Yes, Universal attendance is up 30+%....but people are realizing that Universal is NOT Disney....their employees are rude, their park is dirty, the experience is unpleasant...not even mentioning the whole "BUY a fast pass" situation...I could rant about that for hours....as I said, HPW will speak for itself...I really think Disney has nothing to worry about.

Keep up the great work. It really is an enjoyable show!

Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7 should be in iTunes now. It will be posted to the home page either Saturday or Sunday when I get a free moment from my time here in VEgas at CES

Post Thanks / Like

For those who are listening on the site instead of iTunes, things are now up on the home page. Sorry for the delay - been traveling so much lately my head is spinning. And it won't end soon as I'll be on the Disney dream in a couple weeks from now. Count on a VERY interesting podcast after that. Possibly one from on the ship if we can pull it off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdm@pga View Post
    Really enjoy the podcasts! While I don't agree with all of the points made, I find that they make me view things about Disney in a different light and that is always good!

I want to make a comment about something that was said recently regarding "Disney's answer to Harry Potter World." I just returned from Orlando, and I have to say that disney is not going to have to answer to HPW...it is answering for itself. I took a group of HS students ...many of which were huge HP fans...and even they had the same results. While the HP ride was amazing, the experience was far from enjoyable. Forget the waiting, forget the pass to get into the HPW...all expected...but just the fact that Universal is attempting to cram one of the biggest block buster characters into a part of the park that already was small to begin with. What were they thinking. At one time, the line to guest services of people complaining and demanding their money back was longer than the line to get butterbeer! Yes, Universal attendance is up 30+%....but people are realizing that Universal is NOT Disney....their employees are rude, their park is dirty, the experience is unpleasant...not even mentioning the whole "BUY a fast pass" situation...I could rant about that for hours....as I said, HPW will speak for itself...I really think Disney has nothing to worry about.

Keep up the great work. It really is an enjoyable show!
    For the most part I have to agree with you. It's an isolated TINY section of the park and, honestly, the rest of it was just okay to me. However, I did think they nailed the Hogsmeade theming. The queues for both rides, even the former Dueling Dragons, are amazing. But, for me, the rest of the IOA experience wasn't mind bending at all. However, it doesn't mean that now that Uni has done one section really well that others won't slowly start popping up over time.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the 7th podcast!!! Listened to it, while I was cleaning up Christmas...

I agree with many of the topics discussed. Enjoyed the cruise conversation....I did some quick math once for my family of 4 to go for a week on a Disney cruise, and I could go on almost 3 weeks of vacation in the WDW for what that would have cost us. Nice to know, I'm not the only one who thought that the cruise was expensive.

Glad Ian has found the magic!!! Ian...You've kind of been down on the Mighty World. The beancounters have ruined the magic for you. Glad you had a great trip, in spite of cold and crowds.

Oh John...The week of Christmas!! You guys are warriors! Nice that you did a few parks. We did SeaWorld on our last visit to Orlando, and my kids rode Manta a few times, and all I heard was MOM IT'S AMAZING!!! We were flying! I tried Krakken and that was enough for me! Have to say that the rides at Sea World are good. Too bad there are only 3 of them, but I suspect there will be more in the future.

Agree about the food situation as well. While in WDW in June, we too spent something like $60 for lunch as Cosmic Rays. It's a lot for the average family, for average food. That's why the "Free" dining appeals to so many. While it's not really "Free" it does offer up some savings. We were only on a day trip...that's a whole other story
    You all made the point that theme park food has always been overpriced, and that is true. I'm fine with the food at Disney. It's not like we are fine dining a whole lot any more since kids. My expectations aren't grand. I'm very happy these days going to Outback or Chili's.
    Love Melanie! Glad you are back in Florida and the States!
    Thanks again guys! It was good to get some Disney discussion, as MOST of my friends, just don't GET IT!!! (the obsession with the mouse, that is)
    Until the next podcast...
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast