Quantcast What did you Lose at Disney? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We recieved a package in the mail a few MONTHS after our vacation. It was a cord for our video camera -- we didn't even realize we had left it behind!

We also lost a battery off of the video camera in Space Mountain. My husband said he remembers his foot sort of hitting something on the floor of the ride as he was getting out. Anyway, we went right back to the rde when we realized that must have been it. They told us they would let us know if it was turned in - to come back in a few hours and see. Sure enough, someone had turned it in!! Now we put return address stickers on batteries, camers, ect!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What did you lose at Disney

I lost my father's high school class ring (class of1928). I was heart broken. Didn't realize I lost it until we returned to our room after a day at Epcot. My father passed away when I was young, he never got to see me graduate from high school, marry, have children etc. I always wear the ring so he is always with me. Well I called lost and found at Epcot they had already sent everything over to the main lost and found by MK. They gave me the number and I called, almost in tears. I described the ring in geat detail and low and behold the CM said you are not going to believe this but I just picked up a ring and the phone rang and it was MINE! I cried tears of joy. I couldn't believe that they were able to find it and someone was so honest and turned it in. I know my father watches over me but that is true proof.

Post Thanks / Like

We too had a child loose a tooth in 2003. Thankfully the tooth fairy was still able to find us so far away from home!

On our 2006 trip we "lost" our middle child's favorite blanket. She was very disappointed when we got home and it was not in our suitcases. About three weeks later we got a mysterious package from WDW, Mousekeeping had recovered and returned the blanket. We were amazed to say the least!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my Boston RedSox hat on Splash Mountain. Me and my buddy were coming down the last drop. I held onto my hat the whole way down, but when we hit the water, I let go to cover my glasses so they wouldn't get wet. Well, the hat went flying, and while reaching to grab the hat, water got all over my glasses.

I never saw the hat again, but it was funny to hear the old man behind me say it hit him in the face and he still didn't manage to catch it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, my dad lost his small day planner at AK. My dad was so stressed about it. I called the main Lost and Found the next day and they had the book! My dad was thrilled.

Last May, I lost one of my favorite Mickey earrings at AK. I had those earrings since the early 70's. I was heartbroken. I thought I lost it on EE and knew it was gone for good. I was lamenting on the phone to a friend when a CM overheard and told me they always "walk the track" and find all kinds of jewelry. I kept checking at the TTC (there is an awful lot of jewelry lost in WDW!) and on the last day of my trip, they had the earring! (It was actually found on the train platform.) Woo hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my DW's driver's license at WDW post 9/11. We were not able to locate it prior to our flight home, which of course created a lot of anxiety and needless searching of our baggage and DW in security! Of course, I was in the dog pound for a good while afterwards!

Thankfully, someone at WDW did find it and it was mailed to us after our return. I definitely do not recommend letting this happen to you though - not fun!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My DD's first trip we got her a little Yeti. She played with the thing for 2 hours and it was gone.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We have lost three hats, several pins, one big writing pen, one autograph book and a light up toy. We usually make at least two trips to the Lost and Found on every vacation! LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Lost a "Wall Drug" hat on PrimeEvil Whirl (spelling intentional)...just one more reason for me to dislike the ride.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't actually a lost and found item, but a search and rescue! About 10 years ago my mom was standing on the dock at the Yacht Club waiting for a boat and decided to take her wedding rings off and put on hand lotion! Well those rings went right through the slits in the decking into the water. Disney sent divers down 3 times, halfway through telling us that they just couldn't find it but were still trying. On the 3rd try they found them and my mom was thrilled. They really go above and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back I lost my camera case in Epcot...not a really big deal except that the keys to the rental car were in it and we were leaving from there to go to the airport. In a panic I approached a cast member who made some calls and located my camera case @ lost and found.

On a recent trip with a friend she lost her cell phone and didn't realize it for hours. We made some calls and it was found on a ride in AK and had been sent to the main L&F.

Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from WDW on Thursday. I know my 6 YO daughter lost a pin off her lanyard - but it was one of the "Year of A Million Dreams" pins from the lanyards we all won a few years back, so no harm done. After unpacking I think my 7 YO son left a shirt at the hotel and my 9 YO son left a pair of shorts, but I honestly don't know where they would've been. I scour the rooms and the washing machine/dryer before we leave. Those clothes were hidden well!

One year we left a black sheet that we had fastened to the crib to keep the light out of our baby's eyes (that baby is the 6 YO who lost her pin!) as well as one of the Mickey pins we had used to fasten it in place.

Last year I unplugged my iPhone from the wall but part of the charger/adapter stayed in the plug and I didn't realize it.

I think that's about it. No, I have never called to get items back (except the sheet, which was not found, which I don't understand. It was attached to a crib and would've been easily noticed!)

I found a stuffed Stitch doll on the ground once and accidentally brought it home with us. I meant to turn it in, but he made his way back with us.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    My son lost his first tooth at Disney. . .and he really LOST it. Somehwere in 'Ohana we believe. A Cast Member promised that Tink would explain the situation to the Tooth Fairy, because they are fairy buddies, after all. My son left a note for the Tooth Fairy in our hotel room:
    "Dear Tooth Fairy,
    I lost my first tooth. I mean I really lost it! Just ask Tinkerbell."

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaJ91 View Post
    When my daughter was 6, she had an autograph book with several autographs already obtained and she left it somewhere in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't realize until later that she didn't have it in her back pack anymore. We tried to retrace our steps, but couldn't find it. We went into the store we had bought it in on Main St and told the CM...who in turn gave her a new autograph book for free! We went on about our trip and about 3 weeks after we were back, a package shows up in the mail from Disney World!! It was her book totally FULL of signatures! It was definitely a wonderful surprise and something my family will never forget!!
    I just LOVE, love, love stories like these!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megustamex View Post
    This isn't actually a lost and found item, but a search and rescue! About 10 years ago my mom was standing on the dock at the Yacht Club waiting for a boat and decided to take her wedding rings off and put on hand lotion! Well those rings went right through the slits in the decking into the water. Disney sent divers down 3 times, halfway through telling us that they just couldn't find it but were still trying. On the 3rd try they found them and my mom was thrilled. They really go above and beyond.
    We witnessed this very thing on the walkway between Beach Club & EPCOT just last week. It wasn't a wedding ring just a silver ring, probably minimal value. I never imagined they would send in divers to help locate something like that. I just assumed anything dropped in the waterway was gone.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eeyore

DD left her brand new Eeyore backpack(the kind that looks like an animal is riding on your back) at the food court at CSR, and we immediately went back- but it was gone. We asked at the front desk, kept checking back to see if anyone turned it in...but no. She was so heart broken.

Post Thanks / Like

We've lost a few things and we've found a few things.

On one of our very first trips, we were camping in Fort Wilderness. I had put my purse (containing cash, credit cards, park tickets and more) on the shelf in front of the mirror in the ladies' room/shower and walked out without it. I was halfway back to our campsite when I realized what I had done. I rushed back in a panic to find it sitting exactly where I had left it - completely intact!! Campers are such great folks!!

On another trip, my husband left a pair of prescription sunglasses in a theater. We thought for sure we'd never see them again but we were able to retrieve them a couple of days later from the Lost and Found at the Ticket and Transportation Center.

We also lost two sweatshirts on one trip. I do not believe they were brought to our room from storage when we checked in. As it was warm and we didn't need them, I didn't realize they were missing until a few days later. They were never located.

On one trip, we found one of those misting bottles that someone had forgotten in a rest room. Turned that in to a cast member. We also found a camera case left under a bench at one of the shoes. Turned that in as well. On our last trip, the day we were checking out of our resort, I found an IPod tucked into the very back of our safe. It didn't belong to either one of us and must have been forgotten by someone who stayed in the room before us. We brought that to the front desk and explained what had happened. I certainly hope that's an item that got reconnected with its owner!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't lost anything, yet.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

In June I was in Disneyland for a few days and ended up losing my cell phone some time between standing in line for the Matterhorn and standing in line for Big Thunder which was the ride we went to right after. I went back to the Matterhorn, sure that it must have fallen out in the seat, but they hadn't found it. They recommended I go to City Hall and see if they had it, nope. I went back later in the day, still nope. I filed a report with lost and found and checked back in with them for the next two days before we left, even delaying our drive back to wait until they opened to see if anything had turned up. The phone was gone. I was bummed. So, as we're driving through LA traffic I use my Mom's phone to call to order a new one. Less than a half hour later I get a call from Disney to say they had found my phone and were mailing it back to me at no charge. It really made my day!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 4 years old, I lost my favorite baby doll in our hotel room. I was devastated. Then, about a week later, she showed up in my mail box. I have been a huge disney fan ever since

Post Thanks / Like

We had gone to Ohanas for breakfast one morning, and purchased the picture taken with LIlo and Stitch. We were staying at CR and took the monorail back to our room, and the picture packet was left on the monorail. We waited for all the trains to come back through CR so we could look for the packet, but to no avail. Flash forward a week or so later and lo and behold the pics were in my mailbox. I had used my KTTW card to purchase the pics, so Disney was able to trace me through a code on the back of the pictures and promptly returned them to us. Needless to say I was thrilled and quite impressed that Disney put the effort into returning the pictures!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: