Quantcast Food & Wine = too much wine? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Since there are limited options on property, this is bound to happen. This used to be contained at Pleasure Island. However, PI ultimately got closed because of the wrong locals causing visitors not to want to go.

As for over indulging, I think it is few and far between. I think people tend to notice it a little more. I also think people have different reactions. Some people can drink 10 drinks and be fine. We had a friend who would be overboard after a single drink.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the OP. After going to F&WF for many years, last night was the first time I have seen so many people so inebriated. We were actually discussing it while I was enjoying my schoolbread. Although I can't say for sure, we decided this was the first time I had been to the festival on a weekend and that might have created a different atmosphere.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that we may need to realize that people are on vacation, coupled with the fact that they are (hopefully) not operating a motor vehicle, so they may "let their hair down" and imbibe more than they should. I am not condoning public drunkeness, but saying that even people that drink minimally may go overboard on occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaJ91 View Post
    I agree to live and let live....so what's wrong with Oct 16th??
    Nothing is wrong with Oct 16th ... I was just letting those people, that have a difficult time with others public lifestyles, such as drinking in abundance, know the event would be taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Although I can't say for sure, we decided this was the first time I had been to the festival on a weekend and that might have created a different atmosphere.

Weekends during the festival are always like this ... do you know how many colleges are in the Orlando area? It's an outdoor party for them. My question is, how can they afford it??? Past 7 pm is when the surly ones get out of control and security steps in. We're long gone by then.

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I just have to weigh in here....
    On my last trip I saw a family coming out of Germany completely drunk. The father was on a scooter and was screaming at his daughter, who ultimately lost a large amount of money in beer into the plants on her way to the restroom. (She might have made it if she had been able to walk). The rest of the family was laughing and tripping over themselves and others around them.
    Now, I don't have a problem with drinking. I drink. I play in a band and we play in bars where usually at least a couple of people have obviously had too much. Still, I think WDW needs to police this better. It's all a matter of venue. There's nothing that ruins "The Magic" more than seeing someone spray pre-intestinal protein all over the ground in front of little kids. By the way, this is probably why Walt Disney banned drinking at Disneyland (except in very private areas that were not available to the general public)
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Two years back we encountered several obnoxious drunks (on different days) who were dropping the F word and the B word right and left. Now we go from 11:00am to 1:00pm, and LEAVE before the creeps come out. And I have to comment, it wasn't college age kids and certainly not CP's, whoever said that is wrong.

Everyone who has issues with drunks this year should vent to Disney's guest communications office, their email is [email protected], not to a discussion board. If they hear it over and over they'll do more to stop it.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't count as frequent visitors (compared to others here) but thankfully we have never once seen someone intoxicated at WDW. We plan on enjoying the F&W festival on our next trip. We've already decided that we'll choose a weekday, and we will likely leave well before park closing only to avoid crowded busses.

I have to say, the idea that anyone who decides to sample the wine is an alcoholic or will lose control of themselves, or that they can't live without a drink, is just..... well, let's settle on silly. I agree with the others here that these kinds of situations are the exception, not the rule.

Like any other WDW trip we'll be enjoying ourselves and not seeking out what others are doing, unless we're confronted with something unavoidable. In which case, we'll do what we've done in the past, report it to a CM, move on and put it out of our minds.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: