Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2010

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2010

Each day in October, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Sunday pm, Oct 31, 2010
    Happy Halloween!! I hope you have safe and fun one!

The high should top off at 86 today and tomorrow. Isolated showers will become possible for Tuesday and Wednesday with a high 82-84 for Tuesday and 80-82 for Wednesday. There's no major rain here, just the possibility of a stray shower or a few clouds. Thursday looks like a rain will be a good possibility at some point, especially in the morning, and the high will be 75-77. Friday and Saturday look clear with highs around 70 and lows 46-48. Sunday should be 72-74 with a low around 50.

Long range...Nov 8-9 stays dry and in the mid 70s for highs with lows 50s for lows. Nov 10-14 warms to around 80, give or take a couple of degrees. Nov 15 looks pretty stormy as a front moves through. Nov 16 clears out with a high in the mid 60s.

Travel Impact
    At 12:30 pm CDT, no major issues. For tomorrow, some delays will be possible over eastern TX.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics
    Shary is finished and no need to worry about that storm any longer.

Hurricane Tomas looks a little weaker today with a decrease in thunderstorms around the center and its eye is no longer apparent. The system is probably encountering a little bit of an increase in wind shear and some dry air and may be undergoing eye wall replacement. I expect it to strengthen back soon. Top winds are 90 mph. The hurricane is about 180 miles west of St. Lucia, moving WNW at 9 mph. It will turn more westward or even west southwestward over the next couple of days. It is still expected to increase in intensify in the 3-5 day time frame and could become a Cat 3-4 hurricane. Tomas is expected to be south of Puerto Rico tonight and Hispaniola Monday night. It will slow down as steering currents weaken. It could even meander for a couple of days. It is expected to make a sharp turn to the north and northeast later this week and exit the Caribbean somewhere between eastern Cuba and Hispaniola. This will bring the threat of flooding rains as well as intense winds and surge flooding to some places that don’t need it, including Haiti. However, the models are currently in good agreement that Tomas will not be a threat to WDW.

Click here for Disney's 2010 hurricane policy.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the wonderful updates Stormchaser! We will be in the world on Friday and looking forward to the sunny weather
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!! We are there from 10/22-10/31 hope the weather looks great for that week.

We are sooooooooo excited!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    Thanks for the updates!! We are there from 10/22-10/31 hope the weather looks great for that week.

We are sooooooooo excited!
    Right now we're just getting into that time frame, but for theme moment it looks like the end of October will continue the pattern of mostly dry with temps at, or a little below, normal.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Next week looks amazing! and all clear for the drive down started in the evening TONIGHT!!!

thanks for the constant updates
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Next week looks amazing! and all clear for the drive down started in the evening TONIGHT!!!
    Have a safe and magical trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on turbulence on an airplane being like a ship on the water. At one point the right side of our plane dropped while the left didn't. It totally freaked me out at first, until I remembered what you said and how the ship on our last cruise was leaning in the rough seas.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Oct 24 a cold front moves in bringing some rain and a high in the upper 70s. October 25-27 highs drop into the low 70s with lows in the low 50s. Of course that's voodoo right now, but it looks like the pattern is definitely changing towards cooler weather for the end of the month.
    This is great news if this holds up.

Last year this week was record high heat and humidity and it was boarderline unbearable for this Scandinavian.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    This is great news if this holds up.
    We never can tell with voodooland, but I think things will be considerably more comfortable for you this year. Hope you have a great trip, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on turbulence on an airplane being like a ship on the water. At one point the right side of our plane dropped while the left didn't. It totally freaked me out at first, until I remembered what you said and how the ship on our last cruise was leaning in the rough seas.
    I'm so glad that tip helped! A little knowledge truly goes a long way in helping make you feel more comfortable.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the new update. We leave in the morning, looks like we'll have great weather. Just hoping we don't have any airport delays as we are leaving from Providence, RI
    Janet

1977-Honeymoon-Offsite
    2000-Just me and DH-CBR
    2003-Family Trip W/grown kids-POFQ
    2004-Mother/daughter trip-AKL
    2006-Just me and DH-AKL
    2010-Just me and DH-POFQ
    2016-Mother/Son trip-POFQ

Upcoming Trip: Mother and Son Trip (Son's birthday) 3/16/17 - 3/24/17 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydear View Post
    Just hoping we don't have any airport delays as we are leaving from Providence, RI
    Best guess right now is that you'll be okay on the delay front. Thunderstorms should be south of you. That said, expect a bit of turbulence on your flight. Check the section on turbulence under "travel" in the forecast post for some helpful tips. Save travels and I hope you have a magical trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 11-27, 2010

ok Chris - we are leaving 10/23 and heading back home 10/30. Please see what you can do in the way of a perfect forecast. My family and I will be looking for your updates each day and we'll wait for a week out to pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Best guess right now is that you'll be okay on the delay front. Thunderstorms should be south of you. That said, expect a bit of turbulence on your flight. Check the section on turbulence under "travel" in the forecast post for some helpful tips. Save travels and I hope you have a magical trip!
    Thanks Chris and thanks for the tips on turbulence
    Janet

1977-Honeymoon-Offsite
    2000-Just me and DH-CBR
    2003-Family Trip W/grown kids-POFQ
    2004-Mother/daughter trip-AKL
    2006-Just me and DH-AKL
    2010-Just me and DH-POFQ
    2016-Mother/Son trip-POFQ

Upcoming Trip: Mother and Son Trip (Son's birthday) 3/16/17 - 3/24/17 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    ok Chris - we are leaving 10/23 and heading back home 10/30. Please see what you can do in the way of a perfect forecast.
    I'm just in public relations, not management, but I'll send a memo to the Boss for you.

Waiting a few more days is a good idea. I think the end of the month will be cooler, but it's still up in the air how much cooler (and I'm talking low 70s or around 80, not anything like 50s or 60s for highs).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the forecast for us! We're leaving Detroit on Sat 16th, hoping to pull up to AKL afternoon of 17th and leaving on 23rd.

THANK YOU !!!! Sounds like perfect weather for us... shorts by day, sweatshirt and jeans by night.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving on Oct 22 for a 3 night stay..I'm fine with the 70s! just keep hurricanes/tropical storms away! Thanks for keeping us posted! What a wonderful resource and I won't get to excited about anything in "vodoo" time..
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great updates!! We leave on 10/22-10/31....I do not like to hear 40's...ugh!!! Can you change that....haha.

Hope the week is a fairly mild week for weather. Thanks again!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to the world oct 22-27th for my twin sons' birthdays! we are praying for great weather! We were hoping to go to the beach for a few days after we leave disney (27th and 28th). Will it be too cold for the beach? How cold is too cold to play in the ocean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    Will it be too cold for the beach? How cold is too cold to play in the ocean?
    I think it will be too cool to play in the water, though not too cool to get your feet wet or walk along the beach. The water temps are starting to fall pretty quickly and by the end of October will be down where you'll get chilly fairly quickly.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: