Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2010 - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Stormchaser! I have a sort-of 'general' weather question I wondered if you could answer.

Last January/February were freakishly cold in Orlando -- like unusually, strangely cold for that time of year. Looking through historic calendars, it was sometimes 20-degrees cooler in Jan/Feb 2010 than in years past.

Can it be assumed that it was just a freak one-time occurance? Or is it something bigger going on with weather systems, etc. that is going to take a couple years to get 'back on track' with normal temperatures in Jan/Feb in Central Florida?

It was still fun being in the parks wearing our winter coats and hats this year, but I sure hope I don't have to do it again in 2011!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Can it be assumed that it was just a freak one-time occurance? Or is it something bigger going on with weather systems, etc. that is going to take a couple years to get 'back on track' with normal temperatures in Jan/Feb in Central Florida?
    I'm with you on that one! When we arrived at WDW last January it was 32 degrees with snow flurries at noon! Last winter was one of the most consistently cold winters on record and due in part to a very strong El Nino (which also caused the heat this summer). The pattern over the last month or so has switched to a La Nina pattern, which means this winter should be milder and drier than normal. That doesn't mean there won't be cold snaps, but that the consistent cold shouldn't be as severe as last year. I look for temps to average at, or slightly above, normal for Dec-Feb.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's wonderful! Yeah I figured it had something to do with the El Nino/La Nina thing, but I didn't know how quickly those can change back & forth. Thanks for your quick reply, and thanks for being so gosh darn smart about these things!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris, hate to be a pain, but will you be updating soon? We are leaving soon and I've been checking this thread almost hourly, lol.

THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFanatic View Post
    Hey Chris, hate to be a pain, but will you be updating soon? We are leaving soon and I've been checking this thread almost hourly, lol.

THANKS!
    I just finished teaching my 11:00 class and will be updating within 30 min. Watch for the new thread to be stickied, though, as I'm closing this one and starting the new November thread. Have a great trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: