Quantcast Somewhat disappointed in the MNSSHP - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carolanne View Post
    Up to & including 2005, MK did close at 6 PM on party nights (I wasn't certain if I was remembering this correctly, but the historical hours listed on Intercot seem to verify this). I remember making my way through the people exiting the park & making my way back to Tomorrowland to have my picture taken (anyone remember the free pictures WDW used to give on party nights?). For some reason I kind of remember party guests being directed toward Tomorrowland, specifically so CM's could focus on getting those park guests without party tix to the exits.

It seems like MK closing at 7 PM came about in 2006.
    I remember the same thing. I still have my free picture of my DW and I on our honeymoon sitting at my desk at work. As you stated we were in the park earlier that day on our AP and then around 6pm we went to a roped off Tomorrowland waited in line for our picture to be taken and by the time that was done it was 7pm and the park was open for the party. This system worked much better.

I wonder if the current system is Disney trying to have its cake and eat it too.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmesomedisney View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I want. Why do people need to enter the party early? If the party is from 7 to midnight, then that's when you should be there. If I am invited to a party at a friend's house, I don't expect to be able to go over 3 hours early. I don't understand the need to get in early. Go to a different park that day and then the MK. Or, go to the MK, then use your party ticket to stay. I don't understand what the big deal is about arriving early.
    I think this is the ideal situation but as some of the other threads have shown, there are also party ticket holders who go nuts at the thought they can't get in at 4 pm. Closing at 6 pm and re-opening at 7 pm seems like it would make everyone a little upset (meaning it's probably the most fair compromise) from a guest experience perspective.

Unfortunately, the bean counter side of Disney probably sees that time as lost hours where guests could be in the stores to buy merchandise so I'd be surprised to see a change in policy.

Post Thanks / Like

After having to clean up some posts in this thread, I'm going to ask again that everyone refrain from personal attacks and judgement. All this back and forth banter isn't constructive, and we don't want to have to close the thread.

From what I can tell, yes, Disney may need to institute a better way of transitioning for these parties, but as it stands now, ticket holders can get in at 4pm and day visitors are asked to leave the park by 7pm. Those are the facts and remember - any mention otherwise of how to get around this is against the INTERCOT Terms of Service.

Post Thanks / Like

This is EXACTLY what I want. Why do people need to enter the party early? If the party is from 7 to midnight, then that's when you should be there. If I am invited to a party at a friend's house, I don't expect to be able to go over 3 hours early. I don't understand the need to get in early. Go to a different park that day and then the MK. Or, go to the MK, then use your party ticket to stay. I don't understand what the big deal is about arriving early.
    We like to enter early because we have young kids and never stay past the 9 pm fireworks. Judging from the mass exodus that seems to follow the fireworks I bet a lot of families do the same. I wouldn't bother with party tickets for a couple of hours, but if we can get in early and still enjoy some of the party at 7pm I feel like it's not a waste. Sure, we could use our regular park ticket to get in early, but using a day for a couple of hours before the party seems like a waste too.

We generally rest in the morning making sure to get in good naps so that the kids can make it to 9pm. If they changed the party admission we'd probably wait a few years on the party until the kids are older and I would be willing to bet that we wouldn't be the only ones. Maybe that's what we should do in your view, but that's a missed opportunity on ticket sales for Disney.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    We like to enter early because we have young kids and never stay past the 9 pm fireworks. Judging from the mass exodus that seems to follow the fireworks I bet a lot of families do the same. I wouldn't bother with party tickets for a couple of hours, but if we can get in early and still enjoy some of the party at 7pm I feel like it's not a waste. Sure, we could use our regular park ticket to get in early, but using a day for a couple of hours before the party seems like a waste too.

We generally rest in the morning making sure to get in good naps so that the kids can make it to 9pm. If they changed the party admission we'd probably wait a few years on the party until the kids are older and I would be willing to bet that we wouldn't be the only ones. Maybe that's what we should do in your view, but that's a missed opportunity on ticket sales for Disney.
    I understand what you are saying, but the tickets are sold under the preference that the party is from 7 until midnight. We had a 3 year old, a 6 year old, and a 7 year old with us. We took the ticket for what it said. We didn't even consider entering early, because as stated, it says 7 to midnight. If Disney is letting people in early for the purpose of selling more tickets, than I feel even MORE cheated. It almost appears a bait and switch thing. I guess I'll never understand how you can sell a ticket with rules and totally diss those rules. What about the people who don't go on these boards? What about people who did spend the money, and thought that they could not get in until 7? It just appears to me if it were cut and dry, there is nobody who could complain. If, like you say, they are doing this for the simple reason of selling more tickets, then shame on them. Also, I didn't notice the mass exodus you are referring to, because I was sure hoping for it. Could the people piling out possibly be those who didn't pay for the party?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Goes4FastPass;2106821]

If I buy an admission to a WDW park or event and act like a reasonable, responsible guest can't I just go and have fun and make memories with my family?

Of course you can IF YOU BUY AN ADMISSION! You said it yourself, right there. My point exactly. The people who were in there without wristbands, DID NOT buy an admission.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I ever went to a party I purchased my ticket as a walk-up the day of the party. I was actually at MGM for the day and bought my ticket there. The CM at the ticket booth told me I could get in the MK at 4PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My first party was in 2005 and it was perfect! Then I noticed a difference in 2006...more crowded and chaotic. 2007 was the same as 2006, if not worse. 2008 was just too much. I skipped in 2009 because I was moving, and now in 2010 I have passes and I don't see paying extra money to go and stand in crowds. Also, the rates have increased considerably since 2005. It's ridiculous. I do think it's completely unfair for those who stay without tickets. Why should I pay if you don't have to? Give me one good reason why I should pay and you shouldn't.

Say Disney opens at 9am. No one should get in before 9, right? With the exception of those with ADR's, I suppose. Now, say it closes at 9pm. No one should be allowed to stay late, right? My opinion is that the Magic Kingdom should close around 5:30 and all guests should leave. It should re-open at 6:30 for parties, when all party guests can arrive. If you don't like having to leave, visit another park that day. If you don't like that you can't get in early, skip the party. The Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm almost every day. I realize that there is a huge difference between MK and AK, but 5pm is 5pm. If AK guests can deal with it, I'm assuming MK guests can, too. After all, Disney is a privilege. It's not necessary, and it's not mandatory. And perhaps, if things changed and were more fair for everyone, I would return to my favorite event at Disney!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying, but the tickets are sold under the preference that the party is from 7 until midnight. We had a 3 year old, a 6 year old, and a 7 year old with us. We took the ticket for what it said. We didn't even consider entering early, because as stated, it says 7 to midnight. If Disney is letting people in early for the purpose of selling more tickets, than I feel even MORE cheated. It almost appears a bait and switch thing. I guess I'll never understand how you can sell a ticket with rules and totally diss those rules. What about the people who don't go on these boards? What about people who did spend the money, and thought that they could not get in until 7? It just appears to me if it were cut and dry, there is nobody who could complain. If, like you say, they are doing this for the simple reason of selling more tickets, then shame on them. Also, I didn't notice the mass exodus you are referring to, because I was sure hoping for it. Could the people piling out possibly be those who didn't pay for the party?
    Actually I didn't learn about the 4pm entrance from any online discussion board. CM's were very forthcoming with that information. I guess I fail to see how you feel cheated based on the fact that people were allowed to enter at 4pm. Nobody is skirting the rules here. Disney not only allowed, but in my case invited people with party tickets to enter at 4pm. I would imagine that some staggering in arrivals helps with crowd control. Imagine what a nightmare if everyone was lined up outside at 7pm waiting to get in.

As far as the mass exodus, I was in the midst of the crowd making my way up main street so in my experience yes, a good number of people left with me after the fireworks. Given your sensitivity to others questioning your experience I am certain that you are not meaning to imply that my experience is not a valid account. I was not consumed with checking for wristbands as that is not my job, but I did enjoy seeing the other guests in costume and I can only assume that the majority of people in costume weren't just left over day guests.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone to the party 3 times over the last 4 years. All of the times I've purchased the tickets over the phone to be held at will call and all of the times the CM on the phone has said we could get in as early 4:00. We took advantage of getting in early, because we were told we could. We picked up our tickets close to 4:00 and again, the CM that handed us our tickets told us we could go right in.

We were there at the MK as a day guest on Friday. Around 4:00 we started seeing people with wrist bands for the party that night. We started to leave the park at 6:45 and, I'd say around 6:15 we started seeing CMs with the signs that were directing non-party people to start leaving. There's no way I would try to stay past closing time, but I was also not offended in any way by the people that had arrived for the party at 4:00. Sure it was a bit more crowded, but in all honesty, it didn't make that much of a difference. If Disney is going to tell people they can get into the party 3 hours early, why wouldn't you do it if you could?

I think we just need to accept that there is a flaw in the system and hope they do something about it, but as long as Disney is allowing this to happen, we just need to go with the flow and enjoy our time there. If it seriously offends you, don't buy the ticket. If enough people don't buy, maybe they'll get the message.
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! what a topic. So many opinions, and different feelings. I for one go by what the policy is. If Disney lets people in at 4:00 pm, then they do. This will be our first MNSSHP for my DW and myself. When checking out all the info on the party and the times we were fine with the party starting at 7:00 pm. We didn't even know of a 4:00 pm entry time. Since Disney chooses to let entry begin at 4 pm then they do. So you can enter at 4pm or whenever. Personally I don't feel like parading around in my costume until closer to 7pm. I am going for the parades and the candy, and the characters, and shows. I go with an open mind, I expect there to be a crowd, because in order to make money disney has to have a good crowd for a party. I am looking forward to it. I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellesRose View Post
    My first party was in 2005 and it was perfect! Then I noticed a difference in 2006...more crowded and chaotic. 2007 was the same as 2006, if not worse. 2008 was just too much. I skipped in 2009 because I was moving, and now in 2010 I have passes and I don't see paying extra money to go and stand in crowds. Also, the rates have increased considerably since 2005. It's ridiculous. I do think it's completely unfair for those who stay without tickets. Why should I pay if you don't have to? Give me one good reason why I should pay and you shouldn't.

Say Disney opens at 9am. No one should get in before 9, right? With the exception of those with ADR's, I suppose. Now, say it closes at 9pm. No one should be allowed to stay late, right? My opinion is that the Magic Kingdom should close around 5:30 and all guests should leave. It should re-open at 6:30 for parties, when all party guests can arrive. If you don't like having to leave, visit another park that day. If you don't like that you can't get in early, skip the party. The Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm almost every day. I realize that there is a huge difference between MK and AK, but 5pm is 5pm. If AK guests can deal with it, I'm assuming MK guests can, too. After all, Disney is a privilege. It's not necessary, and it's not mandatory. And perhaps, if things changed and were more fair for everyone, I would return to my favorite event at Disney!
    I totally agree with your posts. This was the very FIRST party I have attended in all my visits to WDW. It is also the LAST I will attend. I am never wasting my hard earned money again for something that is so "Jacked UP." You make some very valid points referring to AK. I would LOVE to stay longer at AK, but yes, it closes at 5, therefore, we use two days of our tickets at this park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clausjo View Post
    We've gone to the party 3 times over the last 4 years. All of the times I've purchased the tickets over the phone to be held at will call and all of the times the CM on the phone has said we could get in as early 4:00. We took advantage of getting in early, because we were told we could. We picked up our tickets close to 4:00 and again, the CM that handed us our tickets told us we could go right in.

We were there at the MK as a day guest on Friday. Around 4:00 we started seeing people with wrist bands for the party that night. We started to leave the park at 6:45 and, I'd say around 6:15 we started seeing CMs with the signs that were directing non-party people to start leaving. There's no way I would try to stay past closing time, but I was also not offended in any way by the people that had arrived for the party at 4:00. Sure it was a bit more crowded, but in all honesty, it didn't make that much of a difference. If Disney is going to tell people they can get into the party 3 hours early, why wouldn't you do it if you could?

I think we just need to accept that there is a flaw in the system and hope they do something about it, but as long as Disney is allowing this to happen, we just need to go with the flow and enjoy our time there. If it seriously offends you, don't buy the ticket. If enough people don't buy, maybe they'll get the message.
    I am not blaming people who go in at 4 for doing so, I am blaming Disney for letting them do so. My paperwork clearly said the party is from 7 to midnight. No place on that paper work did it say, "But you can enter at 4." Honestly, I really don't care that people go at 4, even though in my honest opinion, that should not be allowed. My problem was the amount of people in the park during the party time, with no wristbands on. I will not pay for a party again, because after just attending one, I figured out how much I was being ripped off. It amazes me how offended people on this board get about people using old mugs for refillable sodas, yet so many people seem to think it's ok to attend a party without paying for a ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

First times to get into the party, then people in the party without tickets, and now you brought up the refillable mug debate? I have a feeling this thread is about to get even more interesting than it has been !!!
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Bottom line Disney clearly is telling people they can enter at 4. These tickets holders are not breaking any rules by going into the park 3 hours early, because Disney is telling them they can enter at 4.

And to be technical Disney says the party is held from 7:00pm-12:00 midnight, but they don't state that you must wait until 7:00pm to enter the park, the party just doesn't officially begin until 7:00pm.

People need to get over the idea that they know more than Disney, and how they should run the parties, because clearly this company knows what they are doing.

Everyone needs to remember that going to Disney is a truly wonderful thing, that some people may never experience. And as long as you are priviliged enough to be able to go to WDW, is it really necessary to fight over these petty issues? Just be happy your at the happiest place on earth, and stop sweating the small stuff. There are much bigger problems in the world to worry about, and this is not one of them.

And if your angry at people who are braking the rules by staying at MK without a hard ticket, that doesn't mean we should all cheat the system. As long as you are following the rules that is all that matters. The cheaters will eventually be caught.

If you don't want to be kicked out of Mk at 7:00pm, then don't go on a party night, visit another park. That is a pretty easy solution.

If you want to be angry with someone be angry with Disney, not the party ticket holders who are following Disney's rules.

Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

And with that, I think this thread has now run it's course.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: