Quantcast Dme

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dme

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dme

We just booked a trip for Halloween, this will be our first trip without a rented car.
    We will be traveling with another family, who made the reservations for us.
    Do you have to also include the DME when naking reservations? Or does the package come with some type of DME tags & boarding pass? I understand that the DME handles our luggage as well, when does it arrive at the resort? Should we pack a quick change of clothes in a carry on in case the luggage gets delayed somehow?

As I said, we usually rent a car, so these issues have never come up, now, I am second guessing everything, since my only job in this was to make all the dinner plans.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

You will need to add your DME reservations separately so that they have your flight information. They take care of mailing your tags to you. You will receive one tag per person.

Typically they say it takes 5 hours for your luggage to get to your room at the resort. We've found that that time will vary depending on the time of day you arrive. So it's always best to pack a change of clothes, swimsuits and sunscreen etc. in your carry on, just in case.

You will print your own boarding pass before leaving home for the trip down to Orlando, most of the time after you've paid any applicable baggage fees for your airline you receive a boarding pass for the way home with the information about your pick up time for your return trip to the Orlando airport.

Here's a link to further info on Intercot's site about DME.
    1986, 1995 - Off Property
    1995 - B.V. Palace
    2002 - PORS
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    2006 - CBR
    2007 - AKL
    2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Spring 2009 - BCV
    Fall 2009 - CSR
    Winter 2009 - VWL
    Spring 2010 - BWV
    Fall 2010 - Kidani & Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
    December 2010 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Resevations for Magical Express need to be made separately from your package reservations. Two packages will be mailed - one with your package materials - one with your Magical Express information and luggage tags. Each person will be provided with one luggage tag.

If you arrive late in the evening, your luggage will not be delivered until the next day. Personally, in this situation, I'd pick up my luggage and bring it on the bus with me rather have it transported by Disney.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Resevations for Magical Express need to be made separately from your package reservations. Two packages will be mailed - one with your package materials - one with your Magical Express information and luggage tags. Each person will be provided with one luggage tag.

If you arrive late in the evening, your luggage will not be delivered until the next day. Personally, in this situation, I'd pick up my luggage and bring it on the bus with me rather have it transported by Disney.

Thanks, I was wondering if we would be able to get our luggage on our own, and bring it to the bus, but I also wasnt sure if it was actually going to be sent on the same plane as us, or on another, when we check it at our home airport.

Do we make reservations by phone??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering if we would be able to get our luggage on our own, and bring it to the bus, but I also wasnt sure if it was actually going to be sent on the same plane as us, or on another, when we check it at our home airport.
    The luggage will be on the same plane with you (If it isn't, that's a different problem.) If you plan to retrieve the luggage yourself, do NOT use the magical express stickers that are sent to you. If you use the stickers, the luggage is pulled out instead of being sent to the carousel and you'd be standing around the carousel waiting for nothing!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Your luggage will be on the same plane as you on your trip to Orlando. If you want to have DME pick up your luggage and deliver it to you room, all you need to do is put the yellow luggage tags that you'll receive from DME on your bags before you leave. The bags will come off the plane and be sent to a separate DME sorting area where they will be magically transported to your room in about 3 hours.

If you want, you can collect your own bags, like normal, from baggage claim - just don't put the yellow tags on the bags and they'll go to baggage claim. Once you have you bags, you can just go to the DME location and put your bags on the bus.

It is a good idea to pack any necessities in a carryon so you don't have to wait around for your bags to arrive.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We have done it both ways with our bags-once picking them up ourselves without using the yellow tags, and once putting the tags on and having them delivered. I will tell you this: as just two adults going, it was great to pick up our bags and have them with us. With the kids, it was so much easier having them delivered.

Just my 2 cents.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

If you're in a hurry to get to your resort, then have DME deliver your bags for you. If you detour to baggage claim to get your own bags, you will most likely delay your own arrival at your resort ... in the time it took you to go to baggage claim and wait, you probably missed the next bus to your resort and you'll have to wait for the next one ... they tend to run about every 30 minutes.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: