Quantcast Le Cellier--sell me on it - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of 9 visits I have gotten to eat at Le Cellier 3 times. I do like going there but just for the ambiance. The food is ok but nothing outrageously spectacular. Once it goes to two TS I doubt I will make it one of my choices. I would rather spend two TS on Narcoosies or Bistro de Paris or somewhere like that.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    Out of 9 visits I have gotten to eat at Le Cellier 3 times. I do like going there but just for the ambiance. The food is ok but nothing outrageously spectacular. Once it goes to two TS I doubt I will make it one of my choices. I would rather spend two TS on Narcoosies or Bistro de Paris or somewhere like that.
    I agree, depending on what they do to Le Cellier, but just wanted to point out that Bistro de Paris (which is amazing and well worth a visit) is not on the Dining Plan.

If they make LC two credits, I think they're going to work on the menu and service to make it worthwhile. At least, I hope. I'll wait and hear some early reviews and see what they do.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    Once it goes to two TS I doubt I will make it one of my choices. I would rather spend two TS on Narcoosies or Bistro de Paris or somewhere like that.
    I agree. As much as I love Le Cellier, they're going to have to do some serious upgrading to make it worth 2 TS to me.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at LeCellier in late August. We were not on the dining plan, and I felt it was expensive for what you got. I am a big steak lover, and I have to say, it wasn't the best steak I have ever had. We waited 45 min for our table even with 6:30 ADR's. They said that the party before us was not in a hurry. We were a party of 8, so we had to wait until a large table was vacated. It was a little annoying. We sat in the lobby hoping that we'd be called any minute. I'm glad we went because I had heard so much about it, but would I be crushed if I couldn't get a reservation in the future? No. Plenty of other places to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Dh and I have done le cellier 6 times in the last 8 years and only once had it not live up to our expectations. That trip I think it was what I ordered. We ate at narcoossee for the 1st time 2 weeks ago and I was really disappointed. We ate at California grill last year and I expected similar service and quality of the meal since both are signature dining. The appetizer was great desert was pretty good, but my filet was overcooked and didn't have much as far as seasoning or taste. Our server walked past us 4 times when my husband and I were both out of drinks and waiting to order desert, then walked past us 3 times once we were done desert. I figured maybe she was just having an off night, but I had a much better meal at le cellier for less $. We will be trying le cellier at least once after it changes to sig to see how it is but narcoossee is out for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Le Cellier, I'd rather go to the Grand Floridian Cafe. It has better steak. (Le Cellier is very, very salty.) It's less crowded and quieter and has a very nice view of the lake.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Disney Wedding meal was...

Filet mignon, mashed poataoes and veggies all from Le Cellier.
    4.19.02- Baked for the mouse
    2002-Baked at Epcot’s Food and Wine
    11.13.02- Took a Norwalk Virus Disney Cruise
    6.20.04-Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion/ Reception at Boardwalk
    Old Key West:My Home
    "But father...I'm indecent" C.O.P.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - have to say that we fall into the camp of thinking Le Cellier doesn't live up to expectations...

Food wasn't bad, just not what we expected given the rave reviews..

Service was even worse - we felt really rushed - revolving door rushed.

I was actually embarrassed - I had suggested the restaurant to the group I was with (we had gone to WDW individually for marathon weekend) based on the rave reviews here and it really did not live up to expectations!
    Have a Magical Day!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: