Quantcast Swan & Dolphin vs. POR/POFQ

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Swan & Dolphin vs. POR/POFQ

Hey Intercotees!

Quick question: in your opinion, is it worth the extra money for two mid-twenties professionals to spend the extra money on staying at the Swan & Dolphin? We don't plan on being in the room a ton, but we DO want to be comfortable.

We'll be there from March 25th 2011 to April 3rd - are there usually deals on during the Spring Break period?

Thanks in advance,
    Lee =)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

YES worth it! I have stayed at both and the Swan and Dolphin are wonderful, my preference over POR/POFQ hands down. The transportation was awesome- never had a big line or much of a bus wait (sometimes shared with Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Clubs- but Dolphin was first pick up to head to parks). The location is fabulous, between Epcot and DHS with the boat to both plus Boardwalk right there. There's a 24 hour CS/Snacks/drinks place. Even though they aren't Disney hotels, there's unique theming and a Disney feel to the place, plus Disney ticket sales and gift shops. Spacious rooms with very comfortable beds. Great restaurants and lounges. It's a winner, deluxe in feel, and frequently you can get it at a rate not too different from the Disney moderates.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely say Swan/Dolphin as well, hands down!!!! For all the reasons Sherri pointed out, but mainly LOCATION! I don't think you will be sorry. We love it there!

Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree with the last two posters. I just got back from my third trip to the Dolphin...and I was a hard sell to try it in the first place. My family LOVES it....Convenience, location, room, grounds, pool/beach -- all wonderful! To me, it is really Disney Deluxe type accommodations for usually about half the cost.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I also wanted to mention that on our trip last week, we got a room rate at Dolphin that was probably LESS than what we would have paid at a moderate -- and when we checked in, they upgraded us to a room with a balcony and an Epcot/Boardwalk/Beach Club view
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan and Dolphin

Yes, well worth it.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

There is something to be said in favor of Port Orleans. There is a laid back feel to the resort. It's charming and relaxing. There are good food options as well as entertainment on certain evenings. If it's peace and quiet that interests you most, then you should give these twin resorts a good look.

That said, the location of the Swan and Dolphin is so wonderful that once you have stayed here, it's hard to look elsewhere. If you are looking for the best value for entertainment options, there is no better location. Epcot and the Studios are both withing walking distance. The Boardwalk with all it offers is just over a bridge. The hotels have a fantastic pool area with a hot tub, slide, sandy beach area, and waterfall. And if that wasn't enough, Fantasia Gardens mini golf is across the street. The only problem you may have here is trying to do too much.
    For my "on the go" family, the Swan and Dolphin is our location of choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan and Dolphin

We've stayed at both and Swand and Dolphin are better better better (and better)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: