Quantcast Survivor: Nicaragua

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Survivor: Nicaragua

My apologies if anyone else has started a thread, but I haven't seen one out there (surprisingly) so here I am! I'm excited for a new season to start, one with all fresh faces (unless you count football's Jimmy Johnson, new to the game but familiar to most viewers).

The season starts Wednesday Sept 15 (on Wednesdays now) and they're dividing the teams by age, a young team and an "old" one. I wouldn't be surprised if you're all like me, cheering on the oldsters. But who really knows until we meet the players. I suspect there will be some on each team who I really like, and some I do not like at all. I just hope it doesn't take a while to get to know people and warm up to the cast. Plus, Nicaragua! New scenery.

Are you looking forward to a new Survivor season? Planning to watch? Thoughts?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching, if I can remember it will be on Wednesday night this season.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I hate the move to Wednesday nights. But of course I'll be watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. I forgot all about it starting this week.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

I will be watching! Can't wait.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching too, can't wait!! I also wish they had kept it on Thursdays, but oh well. The old v. young dynamic should be interesting!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Survivor: Nicaragua

I am working overseas in Manila for the next month and have already called my husband to tell him to set the DVR and that HE COULD NOT watch it until I returned and we would watch it together!

Kimber
    WDWCP Fall 1990
    1991 Friends Apt
    1993 Sister at Vista Way
    1994-1998 CBR
    2001/2002 ASS; ASMo;Timeshare
    2003 - ASMo
    2005/2006 - Timeshare
    2007 - ASMu
    2009 -- Pop!; POR
    2010 -- Hong Kong Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Kimber, you might want to avoid this thread for awhile because we'll probably be discussing the cast and who gets booted soon. It will be worth the wait for you, I hope!
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see Jimmy Johnson's hair on about day 3! Do you think a can of hairspray is his luxury item?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I can't wait to see Jimmy Johnson's hair on about day 3! Do you think a can of hairspray is his luxury item?
    I'm not sure if they even allow luxury items anymore. They probably do, we just don't hear much about it now. I'm thinking he has a pretty thick head of hair for a guy his age, and it might just stand up and behave on its own. Will be fun to see. And of course, you're right on the vanity angle. For a man who is used to having hair and makeup help to be on TV, this should be a change.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Too much on TV tonight!

This, Big Brother finale, Top Chef finale, baseball (Yanks v. Rays - huge last game in the series) - and I want to watch it all live.

Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh Yanks v. Rays tonight. I watched the Rays kill my Sox at Fenway a short time ago, and yet I will still cheer for the Rays tonight. But will be watching Survivor. I want to get to know this new cast right away.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    yet I will still cheer for the Rays tonight.
    Of course. Anyone but the Yankees, right?

I'm interested to see the reactions when people realize it's Jimmy Johnson.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sly of Jimmy Johnson to put it out there that "no one will ever vote to give me a million dollars"!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Melanie, anyone but the Yankees, that's Red Sox Nation for you. Scott, good call on Jimmy's hair! WOW, that hair. It really went wild by day two.

My early impressions, I like Jane. Good call on learning to make fire. I always wonder what's wrong with these people that they don't try to learn that before they go considering how important it is to the game. Marty, I'm on the fence but he seems like a good guy. The other Jimmy, though, oh my! He really has it in for Jimmy J. He had lots of unexplained rage for simply the fact that Jimmy has some fame. I would be looking out for that guy. And I don't like Holly. But of course, Wendy just dug herself in deeper and deeper and became the most obvious choice.

On the young side, I think the Judd/Fabio guy is watchable and harmless. Shannon seems to be coming on a little too strong for me. And it bothered me a little that people would be thinking Kelly would get a "sympathy" vote. I would have said that she could get an admiration vote. But whatever. The young people are going to be a little too cocky at the start, I think. That could hurt them soon.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I also thought Jimmy J's "no one will vote to give me the million/help me help you" was a pretty good strategy. It will be interesting, though, to see if it can stick. It's going to depend on whether or not people listen to the other Jimmy. He definitely has it in for JJ.

No one else really stuck out to me yet. Honestly, as a huge football fan, I was pretty much only paying attention to Jimmy!

Excited in general that Survivor is back, although I'm more looking forward to TAR!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good start to the new season last night! It's an interesting dynamic, and I found myself rooting for the older team because the younger team seemed so cocky right from the start. I'd like to see them get knocked down a peg or two!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Very sly of Jimmy Johnson to put it out there that "no one will ever vote to give me a million dollars"!
    I thought this was a good move on his part, but I think he risks overplaying it. By the end of the episode last night, I was already thinking that he had brought it up too much and people are going to see through it fast! I did like his "motivational huddle," though! And I agree about the other Jimmy seeming really bitter or angry towards Jimmy J. Where did that come from?

So far, the people who stood out to me from the first episode were Jane (love that she made fire within the first 30 minutes at camp!), Jimmy J. (mostly because he got so much camera time), and Shannon, but not in a good way. He seems to have a real hang up with women doing well in the game and in life. Uh, sorry guy, this is 2010, not 1910.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I found Jimmy Johnson's presence interesting but also annoying. It was like--here we have all the other competitors and then there's "The Celebrity". Based on his complaints after that first night, I'm wondering if he has the fortitude to stick it out for the long run. But who knows? Maybe he'll surprise me.

One of favorite person so far is Holly, mainly because I'm originally from Minnesota and can relate to her South Dakota accent! But I have to hand it to Jane, she showed she was smart and capable, making fire with her glasses. I don't care for anyone yet on the La Flor tribe, but I do think Benry has the catchiest name. And of course, it wasn't surprising that Wendy was voted off first. She might have a good heart, but I think she spooked everyone a bit with her personality.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    ... I found myself rooting for the older team because the younger team seemed so cocky right from the start. I'd like to see them get knocked down a peg or two!
    I had the same reaction. Those two "Alpha Male" guys (can't remember their names) particularly annoyed me with their arrogance. I mean I get that you're physically fit, but I think history has proven that doesn't always translate into challenge victories.

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I thought this was a good move on his part, but I think he risks overplaying it. By the end of the episode last night, I was already thinking that he had brought it up too much and people are going to see through it fast!
    I was having this same thought, as well. When he first said it, DW and I turned to each other and went, "Brilliant!", but by the end I was kinda like ... Okay, Jimmy. Enough already!

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Based on his complaints after that first night, I'm wondering if he has the fortitude to stick it out for the long run.
    I was actually thinking he might quit! He seemed really shaken by how hard it was. If you think about it, he's probably lead a very soft, pampered life for decades now.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really ticked that they moved it to Wed nights at 7:00 CDT. Now I have to watch it a day late on my computer. No TiVo yet. I watched afterwards the little snippet that one of the younger girls taped about being uncomfortable in her underware around people she didn't know yet. Uh, how many of these shows have you watched? Why didn't you wear something that you could strip down to that would be comfortable? Seems some others did. I really dislike seeing the men in their very tight underware strutting around and wonder why everyone doesn't wear a good sturdy swimsuit under their clothes because they know they won't have anything with them. What is with the suits and ties and long dresses?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media: