Quantcast Take out besides counter service restuarants?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Take out besides counter service restuarants?

Last March my DH and I brought our DS (1yr old) to WDW for my son's first visit. We had a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk and tried to stick to his napping and sleeping routine in order to keep a happy baby. Unfortunately, he went to bed early and it was usually before my DH and I had supper. I had some groceries delivered (i.e. frozen pizzas-too cheap to pay $20 a pizza at the pizza window in our resort) and I walked over to the 24hr cafeteria at the Dolphin for dinner.

I had called ESPN and the Brewery and both places would not do "take out" foods and they had mentioned that most restaurants abide by the same practice. Now while I totally agree that part of the WDW dining experience is to actually be dining in a restuarant but what happens when the baby is sleeping early and we crave a burger and fries or wings from a sit down restaurnat.

Do we have to have dinner solo while the other adult waits in the room for dinner with the sleeping baby or do we just deal with cafeteria food? Do I assume that I need to order more frozen pizzas and dinners to make in our one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk just in case I don't feel like paying $20/pizza or $10 for a burger from a cafeteria when we go back in November? Am I crazy or has anyone else tried to get takeout from a sit down restaurant at WDW?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still trying to figure out what time your child goes to bed. Must be really early if you can't eat dinner beforehand. Why can't you take the sleeping child to the restaurant?
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot

I've never tried to get takeout at Disney so can't help there. If it was necessary to make an early night when my boys were young we did sometimes get room service. Mine didn't go to sleep much before 8PM so it never was a real problem though.

One idea would be to have a late lunch, making that your big meal of the day. Some of the restaurants serve lunch until 4P. Then you could always order some things from the grocer for a light dinner.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I can certainly understand not wanting to drag a sleeping child out of bed!

The only take out I've ever heard of at WDW (but haven't tried it myself) is Animal Kingdom's picnic in the park. I don't have a lot of info on it though, so I don't know if it's seasonal, what they're currently offering on the menu or if they're even still doing it. A search here or on the Disney site might work best.

And,

Post Thanks / Like

I've had takeout from Kona Cafe. I would just go to the hostess station and ask! Good luck.

PS Have you considered getting an in-room sitter for the evening? We've used Fairy Godmothers in the past and were very happy with them.
    Poly 3/97, Poly 1/98, Poly 2/99, Poly 2/00, Poly 9/03,
    POR & Poly 9/05, POR & Poly 9/06
    , Poly 9/07
    Poly 9/08, POR & Poly 8/10, POR & Poly 8/13, Heading back POR & Poly Concierge 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

We've had take out from ESPN. Another option (if you are staying at the Boardwalk again), would be for one of you to run over to the World Showcase and get food from there. We would often get something on our way OUT of Epcot to have later around the pool or in our room etc.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the late lunch idea, however most of the resorts have counter service; I'd just send my DH down to get the food and bring it back to the room.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

The boardwalk is an issue because of the fact that the counter service is limited - you've got the bakery and the pizza window and that is it. None of the resturants - including the ones at Beach Club will do CS, which can be frustrating. We ran into the same issues as you when our kiddo was little. A few things we did.

Go to Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney and buy 2 or 3 sandwiches to go - they keep okay in the fridge and can be very good as a late night snack. Tell them to make them w/o the sauces or the sauces on the side so the bread doesn't get all yucky.

Go to a late lunch and order something to go - usually they will accomodate you.

Send one of you over to Epcot to pick up some CS food there and bring it back to the room - we did this alot. I'd go and get fish and chips from England, and some brats from Germany or something from Tangerine Cafe and bring it back to the room.

Just remember this is going to be short lived - by the time my daughter was 2 she was up till 9 or 10 at night with us on the trips!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: