Quantcast Q re: getting/picking up package tickets...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Q re: getting/picking up package tickets...

So, this question is related to an answer I rec'd on another thread I posted... looking for clarification, validation of what the other poster said, etc, etc.... and hoping that maybe we'll have a way around what I was told.

We've booked a package for next August, which starts the day after we fly in. I was considering staying at a different hotel than the one our package is booked at for our arrival night as a treat.

One person answering my thread made a really good point, one that I'd like clarification on, to see if anyone else has ever had to deal w/ this and if it could be handled any differently.

They said that our intention to head to MK in the morning from the hotel of our choice (CR - on our arrival night) would be hampered by the fact that we won't actually get our park tickets, which are a part of our package which actually begins the day after we arrive, until we check into our "package hotel" (AKL) that day. Which would then mean that being at a monorail resort and being able to just zip over to MK in the morning wouldn't actually be able to happen.

Does anyone know if we could handle this differently?? Would we be able to have our tickets delivered to the CR, to be picked up in the morning after we check out? Or could we pick them up at the MK gate?? I don't know if there are any options open to us, but just thought I'd ask... we can't possibly be the first ones to do this, although we may be the first ones trying to do it w/o actually going to our "destination hotel" in the morning and checking in/getting our tickets before beginning the day. Sigh.... and it sounded like such a good idea at first!!

Oh well... any input would be appreciated, esp. if it has another way we could do this!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure someone with a more definitive answer will chime in.

I don't think there is anything you could do to get your park passes delivered to you at CR. The package is tied to your room key and there is no way they would be able to do that without one of you checking in. If you cannot do this, the best option is for one of the adults to take a cab to AKL early in the morning, check-in, and take a bus to MK to meet up with the rest.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post

I don't think there is anything you could do to get your park passes delivered to you at CR. The package is tied to your room key and there is no way they would be able to do that without one of you checking in. If you cannot do this, the best option is for one of the adults to take a cab to AKL early in the morning, check-in, and take a bus to MK to meet up with the rest.
    Not a bad idea -- thanks for the idea!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe, you do need to check in at the resort where you have your package in order to get your tickets and meal credits.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post

I don't know that this would work as generally the entire group that is checking in needs to be there. This is specially true when there is a "freebie" package involved - such as the "free DDP" promotions.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I don't know that this would work as generally the entire group that is checking in needs to be there. This is specially true when there is a "freebie" package involved - such as the "free DDP" promotions.
    Don't know if this is entirely true. While my family has always at least been in the general area for check-in, I have always checked in the whole party by myself, this includes trips with the free dining plan. I have never been asked to have the other family members come over and check-in with me. They are usually in the gift shop, watching cartoons, checking out the pool, etc. I just track them down when done. Maybe someone else that has had the same issue as yours will confirm....
    Dean

"Scream like a girl" Expedition Everest

Sept. 2005 Caribbean Beach
    Oct... 2005 Animal Kindom Lodge
    Sept. 2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 All Star Music
    May 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2009 All Star Music
    Sept. 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I have never checked in with any package with anyone there other than myself. I don't see any way check-in would go smooth with 5-10 families in line with all party members there and kids bouncing off the wall.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe we've done the first night some where different thing on numerous occasions and to get your tickets (from a package) you must check in at that hotel in the am. You don't all have to be there but whichever adult doesn't check in may have to go back for charging privledges. (not sure on that as DH has been around each time)

You can pick up AP's with a voucher of course but not your package as it's tied to the room key and not a seperate media piece.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    You don't all have to be there but whichever adult doesn't check in may have to go back for charging privledges. (not sure on that as DH has been around each time)
    That may well be what our situation was -- having charging privileges on all KTTW cards.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Disney Fan View Post
    Don't know if this is entirely true. While my family has always at least been in the general area for check-in, I have always checked in the whole party by myself, this includes trips with the free dining plan. I have never been asked to have the other family members come over and check-in with me. They are usually in the gift shop, watching cartoons, checking out the pool, etc. I just track them down when done. Maybe someone else that has had the same issue as yours will confirm....
    Just a note...make sure you have the picture ID for the person who's name is on the reservation! I had to track down DH (3 days post-op) to get his license as they would not let me check in without it. I wouldn't want you to have to make a trip back to the CR to get the ID
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: