Quantcast Cops at Disney?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cops at Disney?!

Is anyone at Disney right now? My dad is there and said there are about 12 cops blocking the entrance (Where you pay to get in the MK) and he doesn't know what's going on. He thinks maybe a standoff?
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not there now, have no idea, but wow. I hope it's not as serious as it sounds.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in July and stayed at the Poly. I had to go to the ASMu to take some stuff to my sister and when I was heading back I ran into the same type of situation. Its mainly security doing checks making sure that people are where they are supposed to be. It looked like a Disney security convention. They checked and made sure I had a key card.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

They are out there alot they check and make sure people have their seat belts on a lot of time.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

He said they had completely blocked it off...but then he realized there is some triathlon in the morning. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

A triathlon? I hope they aren't swimming through the lakes.
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering that none of the Orlando news media, and especially the Sentinel which goes after Disney for everything, didn't report anything it's safe to assume nothing unusual was happening. No comment I can find about a triathlon either. So as they say, nothing to see here.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

well i kinda have some knowlege on this sort of thing, hehe...

A group of officers can sometimes be seen as a show of force and carries a negative connotation. As someone mentioned if it had been something bad the media would have been all over it. This could have been anything though. A VIP requesting crowd control, (as a Disney channel TV star could probably cause a minor stampede of kiddos) a minor medical emergency, or even a meeting of law enforcement or drill. It's all to keep us and the place we love safe.

When I saw the title of this post I thought it was gonna be about the Tv show!
    HUH! Bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

COPS at Disney! All suspects are innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke to my dad. He said they were right in front of the Magic Kingdom entrance (Where you pay) and the cars were all stopped and had curved into the grass to block the entire area. He said they had surrounded 3 cars...all 3 had their headlights on. This was a little after 10:30pm. If anything, I doubt this had to do with Disney, it just so happened to take place there. It may have been some sort of practice or something.

As for the triathlon, my grandparents got notices that they couldn't be on the road in the AM because of it. They checked out today and Disney told them they needed to leave before 7am or they could have a check-out of 1pm, free of charge.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a more obvious police presence this year than in past years. There was an officer from the sheriff's department outside of the entrance MK on more than one day this past trip - but only in the evenings.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellesRose View Post
    As for the triathlon, my grandparents got notices that they couldn't be on the road in the AM because of it. They checked out today and Disney told them they needed to leave before 7am or they could have a check-out of 1pm, free of charge.
    Interesting and I wasn't really questioning that one, Just surprised that there was no mention that I could find in the Orlando media. They usually have something.

It's not unusual to see armed police and FHP cars around Disney. As another poster said, they have had a greater presence over the last few years, especially since it was decided that they would increase traffic patrols on property. It may just have been a convenient spot for them to get together to discuss their patrols.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We just came home from being at POFQ ....didn't hear or see anything other than one car get pulled over for speeding near Saratoga Springs. I think Mickey was driving.

Post Thanks / Like

There was the Trek Woman's triathlon series this past weekend. It shouldn't have caused any problems on Saturday, although Fort Wilderness hosted a BBQ from 10 - 3 for the athletes that day. The actual event was on Sunday and was held primarily in and around the Fort wilderness area, closing the roadways for a time.

Note: Swim will take place in the pristine waters of beautiful Bay Lake located at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

(Their words, not mine.)
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

"Alright...move along folks....nothing to see here...."

"Yes there is, officer, otherwise you guys wouldn't be here. Now you move and let me have a look-see."

Actually something similar happened to us on Main Street a few years ago. Turned out it was a mysterious bag (which turned out to be nothing).

Post Thanks / Like

Several of the Disney Channel Make a Wave Stars are in the park this past week, they are doing interviews with news agencies and podcasts that promote Disney, I know in prep for Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato there was a ton of security.

Also in the past I have been at Disney when they have done drills and brought local agencies through the parks they usually is a bigger show ( of force) for that.
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: