Quantcast Itinerary..is this too much?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Itinerary..is this too much?

I usually like to see everything and do everything. My kids are older 8, 12 and 14 and they like to go, go, go so it usually works out. I'm one of those that says "Pool time?? BLECHwe can swim anywhere! We're in disney for goodness sake Pools schmools" but....Im a little worried that I tried to cram too much in. We are going in Nov so the parks aren't open super late so I feel like we will be in bed at a decent hour and should be able to go for full days of park fun. I usually do one sit down dinner just to take a break. Here is my intinary what do you all think? Too many late dinners? Also, we are traveling with a total of 18 people (neighbors) but all are pretty flexible and we know we aren't going to be together all the time. I posted this somewhere but of course I can't find it so Im posting again, sorry if you already read this but I did make some changes, of course

Traveling in Nov before Thanksgiving week so hoping for decent crowds.

Thurs
    Arriving at MCO @ 10:00ish am
    DME to POR room only, no park tickets, black out date from holiday
    Pool time and hanging out with neighbors then boat to DTD for dinner for 18 at T-Rex OOP.
    Hopefully in bed by 10:00 as this day we will have to get up to get to airport probably around 400am LONG DAY

Fri
    Epcot Food and Wine, eat here and there, enjoy the park
    6:50 Les Chef's New for us
    Hopefully in bed by 10:00

Sat MK
    Everyones fav park for a very full day
    CS somewhere in the park and 6:45 ADR at GFC with one of our neighbors. Back to park for wishes. This will be a late night hopefully in bed by midnight.

Sun Universal day
    We are all (18) heading over to universal for the day, We have never been so I have no clue. I think it is only open until 6:00 so I made a 8:00 ADR at Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD, boat back to POR hopefully in bed by 11:00. This is the day where I think I may be pushing it. A late night the night before and an early wake up to make the most of our one day at Universal.

Mon MGM(HS) 3:40 dinner with another neighbor at 50's prime time. Park is open until 10:00 Hopefully in bed by midnight or earlier if we are too burnt out.

Tues MK
    Park closes early 7:00. Kona with two neighbors at 7:55. Hopefully in bed by 11:00

Weds AK for 1/2 day or so because our flight leaves at around 7:00pm

what do you think?
    Carol (44) AKA Merrymouse mom to dd 14, ds 12, dd 8, dh 46
    2010 Nov 11-17 POR
    2006 Sept 21-27 POR
    2004 Jan 20-26 GF
    1981 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a lot of fun! And very detailed...it's great!! Of course you'll be exhausted, but I think you should be fine.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a typical trip for us. We have the same thinking, "I can swim in my backyard!" I certainly don't need to waste time swimming at Disney World. We are at a different park each day from open to close. Sounds like you will all have a great time! Just stick to "Not sticking to the group" the whole time. Moving in a large group is very difficult and slow! Have a great time!!! We will be heading down in 13 days! Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I love resort time. It's part of vacation for me. But, your plan looks very doable, especially considering shorter operating hours in the parks. I don't think you'll have any problems. There are lots of relaxing quieter rides and resting spots in the parks when and if a break is needed. Enjoy!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Am I misunderstanding... or was I seeing that there 18 in yout party?

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it!!! Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Itinerary..is this too much?

As long as you can manage the pace (and it sounds like you can) this is well planned and allows you to get the most out of the parks. Your dinning sounds great too. Nice trip planning!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it sounds do-able, especially as you have a few early evenings in there. For me it's when I do the late nights for 5 or 6 nights in a row, then I start to run ragged. Good luck and have fun!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done Universal so can't comment on that day, but everything else sounds doable to me...we always joke that Disney is not a resting vacation

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W24toISMdirect View Post
    Am I misunderstanding... or was I seeing that there 18 in yout party?
    Yes, I know. I just sent them this email to prepare them for a trip with me:

"Rob started this of course because he has been to disney with me before and I think it was his attempt to warn you how insane I am at disney. I have DDD (disney dillusional disorder) and cannot be held responsible for any of my inappropriate behavoir or actions while on disney property Warn your children not to be frightened if they see some strange and scary behavoir ie: a grown women crying at the site of the castle or any character, a grown women pushing small children aside to get a better seat on any and all rides, a grown women throwing a complete and totally unacceptable temper tantrum if I don't get to do the park my way. You will all soon learn the hard way why Rob really doesn't like to go to disney. So my advice is just stay out of my way and no one will get hurt.

Consider yourself duely warned,"

There are so many of us going but we will not be together for the entire week. Maybe a bit in the parks but as you can see we have some dinners alone with just my immediate family.
    Carol (44) AKA Merrymouse mom to dd 14, ds 12, dd 8, dh 46
    2010 Nov 11-17 POR
    2006 Sept 21-27 POR
    2004 Jan 20-26 GF
    1981 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: