Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - September 29-Oct 15, 2010 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EpcotFanatic View Post
    That just made my morning! I'm taking this one day at a time right now.
    That's the way to do it! I'll have the full update with all of the afternoon models by 1:30 pm EDT so we'll see what it looks like then.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess my week is going to be good after all!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I have to keep my eye on voodooland. I lived in south FL until I was 29. Only helped my dad board the house 2 times in the 80s. Now, voodooland is hinting at a potential hurricane the day we fly in. Still not concerned because the odds are so low. Just gotta keep an eye out.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Need to talk me off the ledge?

We're in the World Oct 2-8....looks like we could be in for some soggy weather
    Will be watching the updates listed here like a hawk. First trip for my 14 month old and second trip for the 4 and 8 year olds. Traveling for the first time with my best friends family...so many plans...no time for Hurricanes...please send up some pixie dust for decent weather with nothing severe...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    Now, voodooland is hinting at a potential hurricane the day we fly in. Still not concerned because the odds are so low. Just gotta keep an eye out.
    Quote Originally Posted by YatesMom View Post
    please send up some pixie dust for decent weather with nothing severe...
    The models continue to change. The potential good news is that several of the models are consistently showing a deep trough over the US by the end of next week. Because of that, the hurricane is now shown being pulled into the Atlantic, barely brushing Florida's Atlantic coast. There's actually 2 storms shown now. One brushes Fl on Sept 30 and on on Oct 5. If it plays out like the models show this morning then WDW would see the risk of thunderstorms on those dates, but nothing major.

I have some meetings early afternoon, so it'll be mid afternoon (2:30 or so) before I get the full update up.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Is that storm off the coast of South America any threat from 25th-1st? I'm guessing that could be the one that pops up around the 29th?

Post Thanks / Like

Is that storm off the coast of South America any threat from 25th-1st? I'm guessing that could be the one that pops up around the 29th?
    Yes, the wave currently just north of Venezuela is the one the models are showing to eventually become our first hurricane threat.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer we are leaving o Sept 30th to drive down from Pa and will be in Disney on Oct1st till the 12th. The 5th we have an Epcot day so nothing too bad. Thanks for updating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    Bummer we are leaving o Sept 30th to drive down from Pa and will be in Disney on Oct1st till the 12th. The 5th we have an Epcot day so nothing too bad. Thanks for updating.
    There's still a lot of uncertainty with this potential storm, so don't make any specific plans based on the data from today. It's probably still 3-4 days away from having a clearer picture of how things will go.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We're headed down Sept 23-30 and I have been glued to these updates in the last several days. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! It's much appreciated even if the predictions aren't what we want to hear.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Michelle. I hope you have a great trip and check back in about 30 min for the latest update.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

The NHC says the storm is moving west over the northern part of Venezuela & Colombia during the next few days. The further away the better! Waiting on Chris's update.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile 9/25-10/1

Waiting on pins and needles
    1980-Fort Wilderness
    1988-Marched down main street in band
    1995-CBR graduation present to self
    2006-POR first time with husband and two kids
    2008-POP with grandparents and cousins
    9/10-POR surprise trip for the kids

Post Thanks / Like

The NHC says the storm is moving west over the northern part of Venezuela & Colombia during the next few days. The further away the better! Waiting on Chris's update.
    Just posted. Sorry for the delay. Got held up in the meetings.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates. We are just going with our plans and hoping the storm doesn't happen.

Post Thanks / Like

You know i loved reading these updates... but never understood the "excitement" people had until my dates are slowly creeping into play in the thread... Now i get it

thanks a lot for the updates!!!!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, just wanted to thank you for all the hard work that goes into your weather updates. DW and I are driving to WDW. We are leaving middle TN Oct 16th (Early) and are staying at the Poly for 5 nights, and then headed down to stay with my Mom and Dad in Sebring for 6 nights. Sure hope Storms can stay away. Have been reading your thoughts, and NOAA, and Joe Bastardi on ACCU-WEATHER and it looks like Sept/October can be a tad bit tense as far as the tropics are concerned. Thanks for the info, talk to you soon. Vann, and Gina from TN

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome. I hope you guys have a safe and storm-free trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing that I like about the GFS predictions (in regards to my trip) is that it's been constantly showing Oct 1st as a landfall date for Florida.

Obviously we all know what the storms bring. But would a tropical storm or hurricane in the region spur more wind/rain/thunderstorms before the storm it self arrives?

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously we all know what the storms bring. But would a tropical storm or hurricane in the region spur more wind/rain/thunderstorms before the storm it self arrives?
    It really depends on which side of Florida it goes. That's the big issue right now. I think it will impact Florida around Oct 1, but if it slides up the Atlantic coast, no, WDW wouldn't see much impact at all. If it comes up the Gulf coast, then, yes, you would likely see rain bands and thunderstorms begin to move in ahead of the storm. Even 12-24 hours before the storm moves ashore. If it moves right up the middle as shown this morning, you would see some advance rain, but not as early nor as much. So, the big question is exactly where it goes in relation to Florida. Keep in mind that the advance rainbands would probably not delay you much, if at all, in getting out of Orlando. They are generally low-topped storms that planes can fly around. You would just have to deal with some bumpy air for a while. Having flown in the hurricane hunter plane a few times, I can definitely vouch that ride is better than any at WDW.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: