Quantcast Dancing with the Stars - Season 11 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of tonight's show, I loved Audrina and Bristol again, but didn't like Florence this week. I thought Margaret and Jennifer were better, even though they annoy me. And as much as I can't stand Rick Fox, he was really good.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This show is such a snoozefest for me this season. I like Kyle Massey, but am just so bored with everyone on this time. I thought Bruno was a jerk for how he treated Michael Bolton, too. He is certainly not the worst one or close to it ever to be on this show.

Shari

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I thought Bolton was the jerk, but that's just my opinion. I really liked the dance-off or whatever with Mark Ballas!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been meaning to ask those who watch regularly...does Mark always get so touchy and "puppy-ish" with his dancers? I noticed the first night he kept hugging Bristol. We ended up laughing every time he went in for a squeeze. The second week he had sort of backed off. But last week he kept kissing her (on the cheek) and we were laughing again. He's adorable! I did some research and he's single so I was just wondering if he's always "lovey-dovey" with the girls or if Bristol is the exception.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he's always like that.

I've always found it a little strange how touchy-feely they all are. Whenever they are lined up with the men behind the women the men are always rubbing the women's arms, or have their hands on the women's hips. I know they get close with all the time they spend together, but it does sometimes feel a little too intimate. I do realize there have been times when the couples were actually dating - Mark included - but I mean even besides then. Maybe it's a dancer thing!?!

Denise
    '72 & '76 FW
    '88 Off Site
    '98 Dixie Landings
    '00 Treehouse Villas
    '02 & '03 POR
    '04 & '05 WL
    '06 & '07 POR
    '07 WL
    '09 POR
    '11 AKL
    '13 WL
    Next Up: Jan '15 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that "The Situation" is done!

Glad Bristol has a chance to redeem herself next week....

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if "The Situation" actually watched himself dance, because he was that bad. So glad he is gone.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, you're not going to convince me that there is nothing going on with Bristol and Mark. He kisses her too much.

Florence deserved to stay longer, and Audrina most certainly did. I like Kyle and Kurt a lot more than I originally did...but I want Jennifer to go! Still hoping Bristol wins...

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Every season someone is voted off too soon; it's happened again, while someone who should have been gone weeks ago is still there. I think my days of watching this program are over, unless the voting policy is drastically overhauled.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Smile dancing with the stars- season 11

When Jenifer Grey and the girl from the Hills are in the bottom 3, you know it's not a dance contest.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just watched the last episode of Dancing with the Stars I will ever put on my TV! When someone who is at the bottom of the leader board for most, if not all, of the season, is going to the finals instead of the person who was at the top or near the top most of the season, it's no longer a dance competition. Not that it ever was, but each season managed to end with the best dancers in the final. Not this year!! Even the judges were amazed at the outcome. I don't know if I want to waste my time watching the finals next week.

Can this season be the end for DWTS?

Is anyone else frustrated by the results, or am I the only one?
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
    When Jenifer Grey and the girl from the Hills are in the bottom 3, you know it's not a dance contest.
    Exactly. And it never really has been.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I've just watched the last episode of Dancing with the Stars I will ever put on my TV! When someone who is at the bottom of the leader board for most, if not all, of the season, is going to the finals instead of the person who was at the top or near the top most of the season, it's no longer a dance competition. Not that it ever was, but each season managed to end with the best dancers in the final. Not this year!! Even the judges were amazed at the outcome. I don't know if I want to waste my time watching the finals next week.

Can this season be the end for DWTS?

Is anyone else frustrated by the results, or am I the only one?
    I for one was very frustrated as well. And not to derail the thread or take it to a very different place...but the fact that Bristol is still in the competition stinks of Tea Party and political groups voting just to keep her in. I know that won't be a popular opinion...but there is no other good reason for her to still be around. He performances are mediocre at best, she has the personality of a wet blanket and she's just boring!
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

Post Thanks / Like

Disclaimer: This is just my oppinion and not meant to offend anyone.

I agree that some great talent has left the show early - Audrina for sure. This is America and we vote. The people have spoken (no matter what their motive).

I for one could not stand Brandy. I thought her attitude this season was appalling as well as her partner having words with the Judges. Every week I was hoping that she would go.

As far as Bristol goes (regardless of any oppinion I may have about her Mother) is an all American girl and a lot of viewers have really rallied behind her. She has no entertainment backgroud - she started with nothing as compared to the other contestants. She has come along way during the season and I think that is why she is getting the votes to stay in.

Anyway, my two cents...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Disney View Post

I agree that some great talent has left the show early - Audrina for sure. This is America and we vote. The people have spoken (no matter what their motive).

I for one could not stand Brandy. I thought her attitude this season was appalling as well as her partner having words with the Judges. Every week I was hoping that she would go.

As far as Bristol goes (regardless of any oppinion I may have about her Mother) is an all American girl and a lot of viewers have really rallied behind her. She has no entertainment backgroud - she started with nothing as compared to the other contestants. She has come along way during the season and I think that is why she is getting the votes to stay in.

Anyway, my two cents...
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Disney View Post

Anyway, my two cents...
    Not sure what happened to my first post, but if I was voting, Bristol would be getting my votes. It would have nothing to do with politics and I do not follow politics. Bristol is not an entertainer and has worked hard with great improvement. DWTS should have more contestants that are known but not in the entertainment field.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    DWTS should have more contestants that are known but not in the entertainment field.

Not to pick nits, but the show is called Dancing with the STARS. The title in itself denotes the premise of entertainment celebrities training and competing in a disipline they are unfamiliar with.

The only celebrity Bristol has is tied to her being the unwed teenage mother of a failed vice-presidential canditate. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean it to. My wife in her youth fell into the same catagory (save for the political mom part)...my point is can you really call Bristol a "star" in the tradition that the rest of the show's contestants are?

Lastly, and this is my issue with most televised talent shows, they rarely are actually won by the most talented person. It's always a personality/beauty contest above anything else. Bristol may be personable, down-to-earth and relatable...but was she honestly dancing on par with the other four last Monday? As a former dancer myself and someone who has taught for many years as well I have to save the other three finalists had improved much more week to week than Bristol and the only one of them that had any sort of dance background prior to the show was Jennifer Grey. You can't equate being a singer/actor etc with having an innate dancing ability.

Ok I'll get off my soap box now as it's rather silly to rant and rave about a television show like this. I just think it's unfair that the actual better dancer between Brandy and Bristol was voted off by a voting public that apparently don't understand that it is a DANCE competition.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Genius View Post
    Ok I'll get off my soap box now as it's rather silly to rant and rave about a television show like this. I just think it's unfair that the actual better dancer between Brandy and Bristol was voted off by a voting public that apparently don't understand that it is a DANCE competition.
    I get what you are saying, but I'm not going to vote for who is the best dancer, I'm going to vote for who I like. I like Bristol. I hated Brandy's attitude. And I'm sure I'm in the minority, but Jennifer rubs me the wrong way. I think I would have chosen Brandy over Jennifer. She annoys me to no end. Can she dance? Sure. Do I want to vote for her? No, I want to never see her again, if I can help it No offense to Jennifer fans, of course, and I didn't take any offense to the comments about Bristol, but that's just my opinion.

Is Bristol a "star?" No, not exactly, but DWTS wanted her for a reason. They knew it would get people talking. Same thing with Kate Gosselin. Kate is the only person who believes she is a star, but she was chosen for the drama factor. At least Bristol tries and has improved, which is much more than you can say for Kate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellesRose View Post
    Is Bristol a "star?" No, not exactly, but DWTS wanted her for a reason. They knew it would get people talking. Same thing with Kate Gosselin. Kate is the only person who believes she is a star, but she was chosen for the drama factor. At least Bristol tries and has improved, which is much more than you can say for Kate.
    Kate was a train wreck from the word "go".

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: