Quantcast Epic Mickey Coming Soon! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It gives me a reason to play on my dust collector for once
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I never understood the 1 system exclusive games. I mean the average person is not going to buy a different system just for one game. I really think they close out a large portion of their target audience.
    Well I have to say that I don't have the average son. Yes he bought the PS3 for 1 game back a couple of years ago, but now uses it for other games and as a blu-ray player. We do own ALL the systems
    I picked up the collector's edition of Epic Mickey and the paintbrush nunchuk. Looks so cool. Also picked up the Deluxe Players Guide. It is hard covered and looks to be amazing, but I can't open it until DS gets it for a Christmas gift. DS is currently in University and is planning on pursuing a career in video game creation. This players guide seems to have lots of neat extra stuff in it and since one of his professors has told them to play as many games as possible I thought that a little extra reading material would be a bonus
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    With you there! My 10yo is really wanting this game. Works out great since the Wii is in his room. I think we'll get it for him for his January bday.

Post Thanks / Like

Dust collector? You're really missing out if you haven't been using your Wii to its full potential.

I played a bit of Epic Mickey yesterday. Just starting to get into it. The beginning is a bit slow going...but visually, very impressive! Love the animated cut scenes!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It's just that I have a PS3 as well, and I'm more into those kinds of games. Not so much shooters as much as just the sports games and co-op games which I like alot. The online for PS3 is just so much better that it makes the Wii look like a joke with it's online system and friend codes which are such a pain and I love playing with people that I know...

I have a couple of the REALLY good games for Wii, but you don't get as many quality good games on the Wii as you do on PS3 and 360 because third party developers don't want to develop on a system so different than the other two if they are already developing on them. That said, Super Mario Galaxy is really awesome, one of the best games on the current generation. I wanna get New Super Mario Bros one of these days as well cause that looks really fun.

Epic Mickey is going to be awesome as well when I get a chance to get my hands on it. I want to try and start developing a list of the attractions and lands and different theme park things they have in the game just to see all of the stuff they've packed in. I was happy to see that they put the original peoplemover in Tomorrowland (I think I remember the old Disneyland Moonliner in the game as well which is cool)
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Epic Mickey is going to be awesome as well when I get a chance to get my hands on it. I want to try and start developing a list of the attractions and lands and different theme park things they have in the game just to see all of the stuff they've packed in. I was happy to see that they put the original peoplemover in Tomorrowland (I think I remember the old Disneyland Moonliner in the game as well which is cool)
    Most of the inspiration for the game was taken from DisneyLAND. It's very obvious...I haven't come across anything yet that is obviously from WDW...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I received the game for my birthday on 12/3 and have only had time to put about an hours worth of gameplay in. I do like it BUT the camera is definitely driving me insane
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I received the game for my birthday on 12/3 and have only had time to put about an hours worth of gameplay in. I do like it BUT the camera is definitely driving me insane
    That's the one thing that I keep on reading about the game, and that's a real shame...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

The camera is definitely annoying. I've died quite a few times fighting bosses because the camera gets "stuck".

FYI, the ENTIRE game is based on DisneyLAND attractions, and more specifically, only those things that were in existence prior to 1967 (this included cartoon characters). I heard an interview with the creator of the game. There will be NO other theme parks/attractions represented.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    FYI, the ENTIRE game is based on DisneyLAND attractions, and more specifically, only those things that were in existence prior to 1967 (this included cartoon characters). I heard an interview with the creator of the game. There will be NO other theme parks/attractions represented.
    Until they make a sequel on the Wii HD, PS4, and XBOX 720

You'd think that they would look at how good this will do, how much people loved VMK years ago, and put two and two together and make something of their own virtual park wise. Yeah they have the Google Earth thing, but something more game like that us fans would love. There are tons of us that love collecting music and videos of the rides and parks so that we can have those memories at home and something like a better version of VMK would be perfect.

BTW, since it's 1967 does the game include Carousel of Progress since it was moved there the summer of that year and isn't there anymore? I could only imagine what they could have done with that...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Until they make a sequel on the Wii HD, PS4, and XBOX 720

You'd think that they would look at how good this will do, how much people loved VMK years ago, and put two and two together and make something of their own virtual park wise. Yeah they have the Google Earth thing, but something more game like that us fans would love. There are tons of us that love collecting music and videos of the rides and parks so that we can have those memories at home and something like a better version of VMK would be perfect.

BTW, since it's 1967 does the game include Carousel of Progress since it was moved there the summer of that year and isn't there anymore? I could only imagine what they could have done with that...
    Agree! I'd love a game that includes more parks, specifically Epcot!

Yes, Carousel of Progress is in the game! Sort of.

I should have clarified...the stuff goes through 1967, but not beyond. The game creator only wanted to include those attractions that Walt personally had a hand in before his death. So, he went up to 1967 so he could include Jungle Cruise and Pirates.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I figured it was but something that huge I wanted to know for sure. And that sounds so mysterious

It's so nice playing a game by Warren Spector who is so passionate about Disney.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

So how are you guys liking it so far? Noticed Amazon has it for $39.99 now.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting this for Christmas. Some girls can't keep any secrets

Any tips to the game? I can't wait to play it
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine for Christmas too. I do like the game, but like many have said, the camera angles stink. I've only played it for a few hours so far. It definitely has a nostalgic feel to it and I like that a lot. I do need some hints and tips, but somewhere out there I'm sure there's a walkthrough or something like that. My complaint with all Wii games is that the directions included with the game are very brief. I miss the good ol' days (1980s Nintendo days) when the games came with a brief walk-through, etc. Anyway, I'm very excited to have this game!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

I've played it for a couple hours and for me too, the camera is the only thing holding the game back. I'm at a part where I stopped where for whatever reason I can't reach what I want. I don't want to use a site or anything, but I really want it!
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I got this game for Christmas and I absolutely love it! (My fiance got me a Wii specifically so he could buy me this game. What a guy!) I'm not a huge gamer, but this one really has me addicted!

I get really excited by the history of Disney, so this game is right up my alley. So many little nuances. The different lands have so many references and visual similarities to the actual lands in Disneyland! The gameplay is intermixed with cute little cartoons that progress the story forward. And I just love how Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is incorporated! This game is pretty Epic
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only played for a little bit, just started last night. Yes the camera is annoying, reminds me a lot of N64 games and that horrible Mario game for Gamecube where you had to use the water to wash away the paint.

I do love this game. I have had the Wii for a couple years now, but haven't played too many games on it besides the Fit. So controlling Mickey and his paint brush is a challenge to me. I have a hard time keeping it pointed where I want, and when the camera gets stuck I get frusterated. I love the little details in this game that only us Disney buffs would understand. I got to explain to my 12 year old and my Boyfriend who Oswald was.

I don't see how this couldn't have worked for the PS3. I love my PS3 and think it would have worked just fine with the joysticks on the controller. Oh well.

As someone else mentioned, I was one of the ones who loved VMK a few years ago. How awsome would it be to take our Mii's to VMK? Disney should totally do that!
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

DH is playing right now... He loves it and I actually don't mind just watching. The videos are really cool.

I am not very good at playing video games. Okay, that's an understatement! I am TERRIBLE. The camera angles on this are such that I can't hardly move Mickey around.... I am more of a tetris kind of gamer player though.

My oldest son is 6 and I would probably let him try it out although he would probably get frustrated, but it is really only as dark as you make it.

I must say it is much more entertaining that watching Star Wars games
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I am only slightly embarrassed to say that I played Epic Mickey for about... Ok... 5 hours today (I'm sick and vegging and it has been a very enjoyable way to recover).

Anyway, the camera was frustrating at first, but once I got used to using the "1" button to see through Mickey's eyes, and then hitting it to go back into the game and automatically ending up on the best camera angle for the situation, it got better.

I am not normally a big time video-gamer. I get stressed out and give up - but this game kept my attention for a long enough time that I can imagine the game will appeal to a wide audience.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Disney touches that only true Disney people will get (the music is my favorite part - songs put into minor, or tiny excerpts from songs placed in a larger sound track). My sister and I sat, yelling and laughing at the screen as we noticed parallels.

The only reason I put it down today is I encountered an enemy that I have serious difficulty defeating - and like I said earlier - got frustrated and put it down. (I'm like a kid - games stop being fun once I start to lose... repeatedly)

Anyway, I hope everyone else who plays enjoys it as much as I do!!!!!!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW