Quantcast No Savings??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: No Savings??

Post Thanks / Like

Question No Savings??

Here's another questing I thought of. When you stay at a campground with a package deal(dining plan & tix) do you still ever get a discount? Because you aren't staying at a "room" I was just wondering if any discounts come your way when your staying at the campground. We'd be doing the tent site(least options), dlx ding plan and 9 day hopper passes. Hoping some of you can give some input about my thoughts
    -Marcy-
    Mom to: Katina Ann "TiTi" & Adrianna Jacey "AJ"

DLR/ Summer of 1988

7/26 - 8/2 2003- Off Site
    7/2 - 7/9 2006- CBR Jamacia
    11/21 - 12/1 2007- CBR Martinique
    11/18 - 11/28 2009- Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

AAA has a 10% discount every now and then. You can find an AP discount, they are rare. You have to stay on top of the discounts to get one for a campsite.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never quite understood this when the preferred campsites cost the same as the value resorts!

Post Thanks / Like

i am guessing it has to do with location. you are getting a deluxe location with a quality price, already. yes it is a campsite, but you are right there by magic kingdom and the rest of the values are in their own neighborhood. I dont mind paying the price of the campsite. we love fort wilderness. My only tif about it has been that you are not allowed to get the free dining at the campsites. that is not fair, in my humble opinion. We always come with the same budget and spend the same in disney, regardless of where the money is going. it all comes out in the wash, so to speak, so them allowing dining offers to reach the campers, would not be cutting out money they are making from us.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Now that the value resort only get the Quick Service plan, maybe someday they will include the campsites. There would have to be number of people limits, just as for rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    Now that the value resort only get the Quick Service plan, maybe someday they will include the campsites. There would have to be number of people limits, just as for rooms.
    You are correct. As long as you can have 10 people on one site, it may never happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong... but if I remember correctly, there is no dining plan offered if staying at the campsite (only cabins). When we went last year, we were told that anyway.
    Returning August 2012
    November 2010- FW
    Oct 2009 - FW
    Sept 2007 - FW
    Sept 2005 - FW
    Sept 1997 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymousedabomb View Post
    We'd be doing the tent site(least options), dlx ding plan and 9 day hopper passes.
    Sleeping in a tent with Deluxe DDP and 9 day Hoppers makes you my new hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The discounts and free dining are to fill the empty slots (rooms/beds). Unfortunately for us campers, there usually isn't any problem filling sites at Fort Wilderness. So there's no need to entice folks to book. If the campground weren't so great, we might have discounts.

Your best bet for discounts tho is to book through Magical Journeys, which is how we've booked. I think we might have gotten a small discount one time. Perhaps 2004. Bookings were still down then.

And yeah, deluxe dining and 9 day hoppers - .

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

For our honeymoon we got an amazing deal on the Ft. Wilderness Cabins, but we have never gotten a discount on a campsite.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We've gotten AAA discounts in the past and for our Nov. 2011 trip but they're all for Vetrans day week which is value season I believe.
    It would be nice if they had a counter service restraunt instead of the buffet.
    Fort Wilderness 4/16/11
    Fort Wilderness 4/10

Fort Wilderness 11/09
    Fort Wilderness 11/08
    P/O Riverside 4/04
    P/O french Quarter 4/03
    Off Property 10/02
    Off property 2/00
    Off propertt 2/96
    Off property 2/95

Post Thanks / Like

How on earth are you managing to get a dining plan with a campsite? Is it one of the free dining plans offered? We are staying at FW, in a campsite with 9 day magic your way. There are offers for free dining... however, it excludes FW campsites. I called FW to confirm.. and they said you can only get dining plan if staying in the cabins. So... how did you manage the dining plan in a campsite? I'm eager to learn
    Returning August 2012
    November 2010- FW
    Oct 2009 - FW
    Sept 2007 - FW
    Sept 2005 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you can get the Dining plan at a campsite by paying for it with a MYW package. But you are correct, campsite ressies do not qualify for the free dining promotion.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We have in the past had a dining plan with our campsite reservation and length of stay park admissions, i.e. MYW pkg. But not free dining. There's just no need to entice folks to stay in campsites.

When you called did you ask about the Disney Dining Plan or free dining?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I did ask for the free dining plan offered. We've never been interested enough to purchase the dining plan... we usually cook at the campsite, but it would be nice to have some days where you just had the freedom to eat in the parks and take advantage of the offer. I can understand why they don't though. However, with the price of sites going up.. they are as expensive as the Value resorts anymore.
    Returning August 2012
    November 2010- FW
    Oct 2009 - FW
    Sept 2007 - FW
    Sept 2005 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
    I did ask for the free dining plan offered. We've never been interested enough to purchase the dining plan... we usually cook at the campsite, but it would be nice to have some days where you just had the freedom to eat in the parks and take advantage of the offer. I can understand why they don't though. However, with the price of sites going up.. they are as expensive as the Value resorts anymore.
    Yes, they do cost just as much as the values, or even more (for the premium campsites). But it's not about how much they cost us from Disney's perspective, it's about how hard it is for them to fill guest accommodations (rooms or campsites).

There many more rooms at the various values (and other resorts) than there are campsites. Disney's value resorts alone have over 8,600 rooms to fill. And even though Fort Wilderness is a really big campground compared to most, as it has 799 campsites, WDW apparently has no problem keeping Fort Wilderness full on a regular basis, so they have no incentive to offer promotions to fill those sites. It's all supply and demand. Unless they build several more campgrounds (I don't see that happening, although they could probably sell out another 800 sites if they had them), we won't ever see free dining or huge discounts as incentives for campsite reservations. Disney isn't lacking for campers. If anything, expect the campsites to get even more expensive.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

You can get the dining plan with any room or campsite as long as you pay for it. With free dining you have to pay regular price for rooms and have a ticket package included. No Discounts. So in the long run you pay for it. As a annual passholder we can not get free dining even if we were staying in a deluxe. We have purchased the dining plan every time we stay at the campground. We just pay for it. We will be at FW in Dec. but have not decided yet whether to do the dining plan or not.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: