Quantcast Early entry for MNSSHP - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r4kids View Post
    We have 5 day tickets but plan to go to Universal that day and MK for the party but in all the years I have been going and have attended the parties it has been 4pm. So we enter at 4 with a 4 to 4:30 dinner ressie and then by the time we are done it's 5:30 or 6 so we hang out until the party starts. I am not spending the extra $$ for a hopper for 1 day. We will be there for 8 days with 5 at Disney, 2 at Universal/IOA.

BTW thanks for answering my question or adding any pertinent info. Oh wait you didn't.
    If you are going to Universal the day of the party, then you do not need park hoppers, all you need is a fifth day on your tickets. Since you already have 5-day passes, and the day of the party plan to ONLY enter Magic Kingdom after coming back from Universal, then you are all set. You just use your regular admission pass to enter MK whenever you want to, and use your party tickets to obtain your wristband from City Hall (or wherever they hand them out now) anytime after 4pm'ish.

However, if you have already puchased 5-day tickets so that you can enter a park on your arrival day, then for only three bucks you can add a sixth day to your tickets and still be able to enter MK whenever you please. Extra days after day 4 only cost about $3 each.

BTW thanks for answering my question or adding any pertinent info. Oh wait you didn't.
    Ouch, I totally missed that on my first reading.

I asked you a follow-up question so that I could give you an answer to your specific circumstances. I thought that would be giving you a better answer than I could by just guessing why you would need to use your party tickets to gain entry to MK. I was trying to get you to add the pertinent information to your original question so that I, or someone else , could give you a relevant answer. The first part of your reply gave me what I was looking for to tailor my answer, the second part left me speechless.

There are multiple threads about people upset over the 4pm entry being taken away, and I was genuinely curious why so many people depended on that 4pm entry when an extra day on your tickets are so cheap for most circumstances.

I am at a total loss trying to understand how I offended you???
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have 5 day tickets but plan to go to Universal that day and MK for the party but in all the years I have been going and have attended the parties it has been 4pm. So we enter at 4 with a 4 to 4:30 dinner ressie and then by the time we are done it's 5:30 or 6 so we hang out until the party starts. I am not spending the extra $$ for a hopper for 1 day. We will be there for 8 days with 5 at Disney, 2 at Universal/IOA.

But you bought a ticket that states that it is for an event that begins at 7pm. Just because in the past you were allowed in prior to 7pm does not mean that you are entitled to it.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    However, if you have already purchased 5-day tickets so that you can enter a park on your arrival day, then for only three bucks you can add a sixth day to your tickets and still be able to enter MK whenever you please. Extra days after day 4 only cost about $3 each.
    Because I like to be accurate, I thought I would amend my post to reflect the August 5th increase in ticket prices. The cost of each day after day 4 is now $5 plus tax, or $5.33 each day.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to Universal the day of the party, then you do not need park hoppers, all you need is a fifth day on your tickets. Since you already have 5-day passes, and the day of the party plan to ONLY enter Magic Kingdom after coming back from Universal, then you are all set. You just use your regular admission pass to enter MK whenever you want to, and use your party tickets to obtain your wristband from City Hall (or wherever they hand them out now) anytime after 4pm'ish.

However, if you have already puchased 5-day tickets so that you can enter a park on your arrival day, then for only three bucks you can add a sixth day to your tickets and still be able to enter MK whenever you please. Extra days after day 4 only cost about $3 each.

Ouch, I totally missed that on my first reading.

I asked you a follow-up question so that I could give you an answer to your specific circumstances. I thought that would be giving you a better answer than I could by just guessing why you would need to use your party tickets to gain entry to MK. I was trying to get you to add the pertinent information to your original question so that I, or someone else , could give you a relevant answer. The first part of your reply gave me what I was looking for to tailor my answer, the second part left me speechless.

There are multiple threads about people upset over the 4pm entry being taken away, and I was genuinely curious why so many people depended on that 4pm entry when an extra day on your tickets are so cheap for most circumstances.

I am at a total loss trying to understand how I offended you???
    Unfortunately that is one of the downsides to email, texts and online forums in general, it's always hard to tell the tone of the reply or statement. After reading the previous posts about how so many are trying to take advantage of the parties to stay after not purchasing tickets for the party, the message seemed to have an underlying suggestion that we were attempting to "get away with something". If I miss interpreted that, I am sorry. I even had a few others read it to make sure it wasn't just me. I do appreciate your feedback but when you have come to expect things to, for the most part stay the same, then they change due to others bucking the system it becomes frustrating and to pay the extra money no matter how minimal seems silly when we didn't really need the day. It's one of those extras that makes things so Disney.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by popphan View Post
    but you bought a ticket that states that it is for an event that begins at 7pm. Just because in the past you were allowed in prior to 7pm does not mean that you are entitled to it.
    k
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    It is pathetic that people that don't pay want to take advantage of what others paid for. I know I was upset that Disney does nothing to stop people on EMH nights.
    What do they do instead of the wrist bands now? I remember having to line up to show our key to the world card and then getting a wrist band we had to keep showing throughout the night.... If it was covered by a jacket we were always being asked to show it.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    What do they do instead of the wrist bands now? I remember having to line up to show our key to the world card and then getting a wrist band we had to keep showing throughout the night.... If it was covered by a jacket we were always being asked to show it.
    You're just supposed to show your KTTW card at each ride. So, basically, anyone can wander around the parks. The only EMH advantage, at night, is resort guests can ride the rides. But, it doesn't clear the park out much since everyone can stay in the park if they want.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

After reading and rereading, back to wristbands looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

I am just curious why so many people NEED to use the party tickets to gain entry into MK instead of just using a regular day on a park pass?
    I am guessing that everyone will have a different reason as to why they were looking forward to the early entry. Here is the deal for us. We've been to the other hard ticket parties, MVMCP at least 4 or 5 times now, and the pirate and princess party once. Since my kids favorite holiday is Halloween we decided to take a very short trip this year specifically for the party. The halloween parties are tricky for us because we aren't able to take our kids out of school for extended periods this early in the school year (oldest DS would just have too much trouble catching up--can't risk him getting behind that early in the year). So MNSSHP has been out of the question for us up until now. My kids go to a catholic school and are off on All Saints Day, which is on a Monday this year. On top of that their school has an annual Fall/Halloween fair the Friday before Halloween. So this year they'll basically have a free day on the Friday for the fair, and then Monday off. This worked out perfectly for us to do a weekend trip and finally get to do the party. Since we'll only be there for 3 nights we are not going to have park tickets, only MNSSHP ticket. We'll spend one day at Universal, my boys are also Harry Potter fans so we'll do that one day and the party on Halloween Night. Sorry this was so long, just trying to answer your question. I'm sure there are many other families like us that were really hoping to be allowed entry at 4pm like its been for the past at least 8 years because we won't have another ticket option to get us in. If it is indeed 7pm this year, then so be it. We'll still have fun. I just hope I don't spend part of our party time waiting to get into the park with the other guests at 7pm. I hope they at least start staggering entry about 15-30 minutes ahead of time to try and allow most of us party goers to be able to be in the park by 7. If I am not mistaken in the past some of the party attractions begin at 7.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The problem for me is that this was NOT communicated to me when I bought my tickets. My children are 5 and 7 and we planned our flights and everything based on a 4pm entry. My children can't stay up until midnight and I am now stuck with expensive tickets for potentially 2-3 hours in the park. I never would have planned our entire trip around this party had I known that when I bought these tickets.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

If you'll be at Universal for the day, then you don't need a hopper. You just need a 6 day ticket, rather than a 5 day ticket and use the extra day for the party day to get in a little early. That way you only spend an extra $5 per person for the additional day, rather than $50 per person for the hopppers.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    If you'll be at Universal for the day, then you don't need a hopper. You just need a 6 day ticket, rather than a 5 day ticket and use the extra day for the party day to get in a little early. That way you only spend an extra $5 per person for the additional day, rather than $50 per person for the hopppers.
    Yeah a previous poster suggested the same. I believe that's what we'll do. Thanks
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Another Disney board is reporting that you can still get in MNSSHP anytime after 4 pm. We are in town only for a few days and are going to visit Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We do not have Disney park tickets ( we were just there in May), but we did decide to do the Halloween party. Either way is okay, but just wondering if anybody had heard anything else about this subject.

Thanks!
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth....we just ordered our tickets for the 9/25 party....we were told by the cm that she cannot officially tell us entry is at 4pm but [I]we may[I] be able to get in before 7pm...she suggested that we do not make dinner reservations before 7pm since it may not be allowed....clear as mud right...so we called back and got the same story....to be safe we skipped dinner before the party...as far as getting in early no big deal we will just arrive around 6:15 and wait and hope they let us in....adding another day just to get in a tiny bit early is absurd for us...they already got over $200 from this family of 5 and taken away yet another perk...it's only $25 +tax but he cost of the party tickets imho is a bit steep for a few hours....but that's a whole other story...
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Based on some of the CM scheduling when I looked yesterday for next week, I would say that there will be some form early entry again this year. Don't know what time though.

Schedules and work descriptions are different than they were for the parties last year so I would suspect that they have a different entry procedure this year. Didn't see any "wristband shifts" listed so don't know if using them or not.

I won't be going back down to work MK until late Sep. or early Oct., so can't really be of any more help than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on some of the CM scheduling when I looked yesterday for next week, I would say that there will be some form early entry again this year. Don't know what time though.

Schedules and work descriptions are different than they were for the parties last year so I would suspect that they have a different entry procedure this year. Didn't see any "wristband shifts" listed so don't know if using them or not.

I won't be going back down to work MK until late Sep. or early Oct., so can't really be of any more help than this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I have a 5:45 dinner reservation and am still deciding if I should keep it or not. We don't arrive until the end of Oct. so there is still time to cancel. Thanks again
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Interstingly enough the Night of Joy weekend is this weekend, and, although the event starts at 7:30 p.m., they're allowed early entry at 4:00 p.m. This is per the official WDW Website where you can order tickets.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

We're taking a short trip in October (just three days next month). The first day we're there will be at MNSSHP only with no other tickets. We have two day tickets for the other days. Since I was informed by nearly every source that 4:00PM entry was allowed, we made ADRs for 5:00 at Crystal Palace. Now I'm being told that I may or may not be able to get into the park for that ADR. At this point (about five weeks out), it's really too late to make any other ADRs that we might want and we have no idea whether or not to change the existing one.

We're already spending a ton just on two park day tickets (since Disney really doesn't want us there for only two days). I'm not about to add a third for their prices when we have no plans to visit the park earlier in the day.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Interstingly enough the Night of Joy weekend is this weekend, and, although the event starts at 7:30 p.m., they're allowed early entry at 4:00 p.m. This is per the official WDW Website where you can order tickets.
    Hmmm. That is interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship Tigger View Post
    We're taking a short trip in October (just three days next month). The first day we're there will be at MNSSHP only with no other tickets. We have two day tickets for the other days. Since I was informed by nearly every source that 4:00PM entry was allowed, we made ADRs for 5:00 at Crystal Palace. Now I'm being told that I may or may not be able to get into the park for that ADR. At this point (about five weeks out), it's really too late to make any other ADRs that we might want and we have no idea whether or not to change the existing one.

We're already spending a ton just on two park day tickets (since Disney really doesn't want us there for only two days). I'm not about to add a third for their prices when we have no plans to visit the park earlier in the day.
    Not sure what is going on with early entry this year but last year if you had dinner reservation in the park between 4 and 7 or even after 7 without a party ticket, you went to Guest Relations and got a blue wristband instead of the party wristbands. This would let CM's deal with the dinner people during the park sweep at 7pm and after.

Not sure if they are doing that again this year or not. Not down there to work right now.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: