Quantcast Matchy Matchy is it Tacky? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Matchy Matchy is it Tacky?

hey Nell - what a nice thing you have done! If I were your friend I would think it was sweet of you. As long as you and your friend like the idea of wearing matching ts etc then go for it. I see people with matching outfits all the time and our family always notices and comments. It's always a fun thing to see. This is totally your call. If you and your friend like it then do it. Who cares what people you don't even know will think. Enjoy Disney in the way that best suits (excuse the pun) you
    ps: I just told DH about this and he said, "how wonderful!".

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2000 I splurged on a visit for my mom and sister (and me of course!). I prepared for a year and each month I bought us a matching item. One month it was a Disney skort with a Disney T, another month it was matching walking shoes, etc etc. until we had enough matching clothing for a week trip. Then on Mother's Day, I took them out to eat and presented them with their tower of gifts which they laughed at until they opened their cards and saw they were actually getting to go to WDW. We planned each day what we would wear. That made the trip more memorable besides having souvenirs for years to come. Enjoy matching. It makes it special.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun! DD and I do it all the time!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

why not...me and wifey even have matching "mousemates" t-shirts we generally wear once each time we visit.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default She loves them!

I saw my friend yesterday and gave her the outfits - they all fit great! She was SO excited!

We are going to have a great trip!
    Thanks again for the
    Nell

Post Thanks / Like

Another says Go For It!!!! It's Disney and we all know we get a little goofy when we are there. I see lots of families and people in matching outfits so you will fit right in.
    Lori

Tinkerbell Fan "Here's Pixie Dust to You"

October 2005, Animal Kingdom and CBR
    Sept. 2006, POR
    Sept. 2007, AS Music
    May 2008, AS Movies
    April 2009, AS Music
    Sept. 2010 POFQ
    Sept. 2012 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvaNellMouse View Post
    My BFF's husband is springing for a trip for the two of us to WDW for a week in November. I might have purchased several outfits from the Disney Store online for our journey.

Is it TOO MUCH for two grown women to wear matching outfits for a week in the parks? She will be in an ECV chair so maybe it won't be so obvious but... now that I have:
    Mickey sweats, matching Mickey t's
    Tink sweats, matching Tink t's
    Pink Minnie hoodies
    and several sets of t's
    I'm a little concerned about being complete freaks for a week. "Oh, there's the matchy chicks."

Should I care or just go and enjoy the geekdom of being a Disney freak/tourist/devotee?
    First of all, hello fellow New Mexican!!! I'm about 3 1/2 hours south of you!

Second, I think it's a great idea and what a nice friend you are! My two sisters and I went to Disneyland in May (our first time together as adults, all in our 30s). I happened to be at the Disney Store a couple of weeks before our trip and saw a really cute shirt, and it was on sale! So I picked one up for me and my sisters (all of us are different shapes and sizes), but they all fit! So on our first full day at the parks we wore them. We actually got a lot of compliments and we were able to tell people we were on a sisters only trip! They thought it was such a great idea, even made some CMs want to do a sisters trip! It was really fun when we would see other women walking around in our shirt! One even asked if she could pretend to be our sister so she could match too! It was a fun experience!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: