Quantcast What extra activities should I plan?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What extra activities should I plan?

We will be taking our first trip to WDW in October 2011. I was so excited to see the rates have been released. My dh and I will be traveling with our two kids ages 9 & 6. We will be there for 10 days. I am trying to think of a few small activities to plan besides the parks. I don't really think I want to do a tour this trip. So far I am thinking about MNSSHP, water park, little boats on the lake or a carriage ride. I will not be able to do all of them. I am sure there are somethings that I don't even know about. Being that it is our first trip will the parks and resorts keep us busy enough with out extra activites? Any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome! Thanks!
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll probably be busy enough without a lot of extra activities. But you could send the kids on a Pirate Cruise.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

We always enjoy the an early morning horseback ride at FW. Also the carriage rides at PO are great and romantic, i think you can even bring a drink on with you.
    Watching the electric parade on the beach at the Poly and then Wishes is great too, and free!
    There are so many extra special things to do but never enough time to all you want!
    I will say that the last time I tried to pack to many extras into the trip and it wasn't the same. Too many time constraints on everything.
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Hoop-Dee-Doo. We've done it EVERY year we've been to WDW and already have ressies to do it again this year. The little boats are great, horseback riding @ FW, resort hopping sounds good, mini golf, Disney Quest, the list goes on, There is sooo much more to WDW than just the parks!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Has your family ever played mini-golf at WDW?
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Just my $.02. If this is your FIRST trip to WDW, I wouldn't do many extra things at all. OK...I wouldn't PLAN many extra things. Things like carriage rides you don't have to plan for. You jsut say, "Hey, that looks like fun...let's do that!" and you do.

Hoop-Dee-Do is a lot of fun. We did it years ago, and are doing it again in October.

I would compile a list of things that you could do (mini golf, DisneyQuest, things around your resort) and if you guys get tired of the parks, pull that out and see where you want to go.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I also suggest mini-golf at Winter Summerland
    Carraige ride at Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness
    Balloon ride DTD
    Fishing excursion
    Parasailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Just my $.02. If this is your FIRST trip to WDW, I wouldn't do many extra things at all. OK...I wouldn't PLAN many extra things. Things like carriage rides you don't have to plan for. You jsut say, "Hey, that looks like fun...let's do that!" and you do..
    I concur...on your first trip I would just play it by ear. As many times as we have been, I rarely plan anything special. There are so many surprises, like Devine at Animal Kingdom, "Blood Sweat and Shears" at Magic Kingdom, and the Concert Series at Epcot, that I just prefer to enjoy the moment and not worry about where I need to be next.
    358 Days of the Year it's all about my husband and kids,
    but the 7 days a year we spend in Disney....
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY!

All Star Music - 05/96
    All Star Sports - 10/98, 06/00, 06/01, 07/09
    Pop Century - 10/04, 08/05, 07/06, 08/08 (Gustav Evacuation)
    Caribbean Beach Resort -04/08

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: