Quantcast Resort Merchandise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resort Merchandise

We just completed a trip to the BCV and BWV this past week. At both resorts I could not find any resort t-shirts or sweatshirts. We were able to score a frig magnet at the BC but could not get one at the BW. In both stores the store clerk told us that disney was getting away from resort related merchandise, but they did not have a clue why. Even at Blizzard Bleach we could not find a BB t-shirt, and the cashier told us the same thing. Does anybody know why Disney is doing this?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's far less expensive to buy in bulk and without customization. We didn't buy much on our last trip and a big part of it is that there wasn't anything unique to buy. What you saw in one location, you saw in every location - no variety.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It is their new (innovative? hah) approach to merchandising. Not only are they trying to make it generic between all locations at Walt Disney World, but they are trying to make it generic between Disneyland AND Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to Disney Parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    It is their new (innovative? hah) approach to merchandising. Not only are they trying to make it generic between all locations at Walt Disney World, but they are trying to make it generic between Disneyland AND Walt Disney World.
    It's an unfortunate choice on their part. A few years ago, we visited Universal in LA. We essentially bought nothing there. Why? There was nothing for sale that would have distinguished our having been in in LA instead of Orlando. Oh well. Their loss. My savings!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed resort specific merchandise because it was unique. I also used to love shopping in the stores at each park because of the variety. Now each store practically looks the same. I, too, go home with more money in my pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

In the past they have had resort t-shirts and
    sweatshirts but the last time I was there I
    didn't see any either. I hope they will bring them back. I am glad I bought some a few
    times ago.
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    OCTOBER!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They are definitely doing away with resort merchandise. We stayed at CBR last June and there were tons of resort merchandise, then stayed there again this June.....nothing at all. Same with Beach Club. We stayed there in Nov. and I remember seeing lots of resort stuff. Now you mention not being able to find anything. Its ashamed too. I hope the Poly and WL don't do the same, which I'm sure they will, because both locations have always had lots of resort merchandise.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I thank you all for your input about what I think is something that should be remedied. Maybe some Disney merchandising honchos will see this post and realize they made a mistake. Realistically it's probably falling on deaf ears. Lets get the message out on others forums also and maybe they will get the message.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Family View Post
    Realistically it's probably falling on deaf ears.
    Huh, what was that?

Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen resort merchandse in 3 years, I miss getting something with the resort logo on it to remind me where we have stayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDoug2 View Post
    I have not seen resort merchandse in 3 years, I miss getting something with the resort logo on it to remind me where we have stayed.
    When we stopped at the Disney outlet store at Orlando Premium Outlets, I found a few Wilderness Lodge and Yacht & Beach Club shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

The only resort specific merchandise I noticed last May were the pins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    We didn't buy much on our last trip and a big part of it is that there wasn't anything unique to buy. What you saw in one location, you saw in every location - no variety.
    I definitely don't spend nearly as much as I used to on WDW "stuff". It's like you said, there really isn't anything unique anymore.

When I am interested in something, chances are I won't buy it right then & there because I know I'll see it somewhere else. Then I end up not buying it.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

While I feel that the lack of resort merchandise is very sad, it won't stop me from going to WDW. However, what it will do is make me a bit less likely to care about going to the more expensive resorts if I can't shop for cool resort stuff to remind me of being there.

As far as the "Disney Parks" stuff - I have no intention of buying anything at all that says "Disney Parks". I might as well just buy generic Disney stuff from stores at home.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Share This Thread On Social Media: