Quantcast CSR Lovers...I need info!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CSR Lovers...I need info!

We have just booked CSR for our trip in December. We have never stayed there and are very partial to POR. SO, all you CSR lovers out there....convince me that we made a good decision! I want to hear what you love about CSR. I am excited to try a new resort so please help build our excitement and tell me what we are in for!! Can't wait to read all about it!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on what you want out of a resort. For me, it is the following:

Pros:
    Beds - extremely comfortable
    Decor - There are so many details. You are not immersed in everything Disney at every turn
    Pool - very large and well designed. Great slide
    Buses - Very efficient
    Store - very large and fully stocked

Cons:
    Pepper Market - extremely pricey and not great quality
    Size - not really a con, but some will find it to be an issue.
    Conventioneers - They do take up a lot of space at the bars. They are not annoying or rude. It is just not a Disney atmosphere when they are out.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

buzz2001 Guest

Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR also has very good xmas decorations!!

CSR has queen beds while the other mods have doubles like the values. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

Post Thanks / Like

buzz2001 did a great job explaining many of the reasons we love CSR. I suppose the only things I can add on are:

The pool is usually very quiet and there has always been a spot avaliable when we are there. Many of the conventioneers do not use most of the resorts ammenities since they are typically in meetings and seminars.

The bus service is some of the best we have ever experienced. There is just about always a seat and never much of a wait. Again many of the conventioneers have cars of their own or do not go to the parks.

I find the resort very easy to navigate and very pretty.

I have to disagree with BigRedDad in regards to the Pepper Market. I think the Pepper Market is the best food court I have experinced to date. The choices are better quality and selection than any other resort I have been to. I'm sick of the selections at the other resorts by night #3 but there always seems to be new dishes to try at pepper Market. The breakfast burrito is one of my favorite things to eat in Disney!

Have a great trip!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We love CSR. The pp's have basically summed it up.

The main pool area is very large and has never felt crowded. We've never had a problem getting chairs.

We love the Pepper Market. There is more variety than at that of the other food courts. And IMHO - the quality is much better as well. You can find items here that other food courts just do not have. (it's not just burgers and chicken) I also happen to love not having to juggle my tray and manage my kids all while I attempt to pay for my meal. It's so much more relaxing for more to pay at the end.

The grounds are gorgeous. It's a spectacular view to walk around the lake, especially at night.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with many of the pp's also. We think this is the best, most beautiful moderate by far. We think it's a cut above the others - somewhere between moderate and deluxe. I agree that the Pepper Market is the BEST food court. As others have said, the selection is outstanding. And I also like paying after we eat as opposed to juggling everything. The grounds are gorgeous - especially at night! We're looking forward to going back this Nov.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, CSR is gorgeous! Such a beautiful resort. The decor, the buildings, the atmosphere, the pool, are all great.

I disagree about Pepper Market. The food there was good, it was the odd set-up that threw me the first time I ate there. once I realised it was supposed to feel like an outdoor market, I enjoyed eating there.

As for Maya Grill, I loved it! If I could recommend one thing, it would be to book/arrive there about an hour before sunset (look it up) and ask to be seated by the window. Hopefully it will be timed just right so that you can have a great sunset view of the grounds that will be worth the potential extra wait!

We were lucky enough to watch the sun set, and the moon rise.

Enjoy!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

In the interest of being balanced, I agreed with everything positive said, except, I agree with BigRedDad, other that for breakfast, DW and I did not like Pepper Market. the food was not very good. That said, I'd stay there again in a second.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

buzz2001 is the CSR expert. We love the farthest rooms away from the main area. Bus stops are right out your backdoor!

Post Thanks / Like

As it pertains to Pepper Market, it has been 11 years since I last ate there, so my positive review of the food is certainly dated...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

buzz2001 Guest

The Pepper Market is constantly changing to keep up with the DDP. They've removed many of my favorite items over the years. But what other mod food court can you order shrimp cocktail or flank steak? Still a great bargain on the DDP.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info everyone! It is definitely helpful and is creating excitement in this household!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Coronado Springs is the best moderate at Disney. They have many features you generally only find in the deluxes. The grounds are quite lovely.

I am not a fan of Pepper Market. On our last stay here (May), we never even entered this location.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at POR, CRB and CS. We would really liked to make it back to CS. No complaints at all. Our room was in the Castitas section and it over looked the quiet pool. Bus stop was close and I loved all the fountains and courtyards. Strongly recommend a walk around the lake at night, very pretty resort with all the lights reflecting on the lake. Ate at PepperMarket for breakfast and diner, no complaints. It was nice to eat on a real plate and have a server bring your beverage. We had diner one night at the Maya...not the best we have had at Disney, but not the worst either. The 3 sections are so distinct, it would be nice to go back and try the other 2.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2001 View Post
    The Pepper Market is constantly changing to keep up with the DDP. They've removed many of my favorite items over the years. But what other mod food court can you order shrimp cocktail or flank steak? Still a great bargain on the DDP.
    Have you heard anything further on the rumor of PM becoming a buffet? I gotta say I've been there twice for lunch/dinner, not planning a third... I love the resort, though...

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Have you heard anything further on the rumor of PM becoming a buffet? I gotta say I've been there twice for lunch/dinner, not planning a third... I love the resort, though...

Not yet. Lets see how the negotiations for 2011 DDP go. That may spur a change.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which room should I request?

I too have always stayed at POR and Building 15 is our fav-- this time we are going to CSR and I have no clue to which room to request-I know it's not a for sure but I can request....Any help would be great!!!
    Bibidi bopbidi boo...The place where Dreams come true......

POFQ-Sept '17
    POP-Nov '16
    Marriott Grande Lakes Resort -Jun '15
    POR- Feb '13
    Poly-Nov-Dec '11
    Pop-Nov '11
    CSR-Sep '10
    POR-Apr '02/SEP '03/Oct '04/SEP '06/Sep '07/Sep '08
    ASM-'96
    Peabody- Apr'89
    Inn @ Disney World (SOG now)1984

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's 4Walls View Post
    I too have always stayed at POR and Building 15 is our fav-- this time we are going to CSR and I have no clue to which room to request-I know it's not a for sure but I can request....Any help would be great!!!
    Well, first we have to know what your looking for. Some people want to be close to the main building, some people want to be close to the pool, some people don't want to be close to anything....

Post Thanks / Like

I like not being too far from the food court-but i also need to be close to the bus stop so when we get off the bus and I have to carry my little man after he has pasted out on the relaxing bus ride back to the room- that it doesn't kill me! Also does the buses fill up like they do at Riverside? By the time they get to the last stop -It's standing room only!
    Thanks
    Bibidi bopbidi boo...The place where Dreams come true......

POFQ-Sept '17
    POP-Nov '16
    Marriott Grande Lakes Resort -Jun '15
    POR- Feb '13
    Poly-Nov-Dec '11
    Pop-Nov '11
    CSR-Sep '10
    POR-Apr '02/SEP '03/Oct '04/SEP '06/Sep '07/Sep '08
    ASM-'96
    Peabody- Apr'89
    Inn @ Disney World (SOG now)1984

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna resurrect this thread. We usually stay at POR (because there are 5 of us), but this time there are only four, so we're trying something new. CSR it is!

According to this thread there are three distinct sections to CSR? What are they like? Are they as different looking as the Mansions and AB at POR? How is the Maya Grill? We're planning to eat there one night. The menu looks pretty good. How many bus stops? Any info would be appreciated.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: