Quantcast SOLO and nervous

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default SOLO and nervous

Hi All..well this visit I am taking a SOLO trip on the 11th-15th to enjoy the Christmas decorations for my 1st time ever. Just feeling leery now about going alone. I know you are truely never ALONE at Disney and my guilt is starting to get to me. I am leaving behind my husband and DD6 and DS3. I tend to get panic attacks especially when I think to deep in to the "what if's". So any advise on how to ease those feelings or anything I should do to ensure myself everything will be allright while in Disney. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be going and seeing the decorations and just being able to be at Disney. Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had two great solo trips. What are the "what if's" you are thinking about?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Wow a solo trip sounds awesome! You can do whatever you want.Unlike planning a trip with the family and having to worry about where to eat(especially if you have a picky eater).Not arguing about what park to go to or having any meltdowns with the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

What if's for example like if something medically is needed or happens. Yes I am looking forward to do what I want, when I want and where. That part I am sooo looking forward to. I have already made some dining reservations for places my family wouldn't want to eat at. Granted eating alone kind of stinks but.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I've never needed it, I'm sure Disney has some of the finest EMT response and first aid as anywhere.

As far as dining, consider eating at a couple of places that have bars. You can talk to the bartender (if not too busy) or people sitting next to you. Much more comforable than sitting alone at a table.

I started this thread trying to list all the places that have a bar.
    Jeff

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have taken many a solo trip now that the children are grown and in college. I absolutely love it!!!

I take a book to read while eating solo at TS restaurants. It's great and the CMs always engage in conversation when waiting on a solo diner.

As far as emergencies, the front desk CMs are great...rely on them if need be.

Most of all, have a great time going at your own pace...ENJOY!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Use deep-breathing and relaxation exercises and be careful of your thoughts--remember that your thoughts will affect your anxiety and your physical reactions. Focus on the positives and don't worry about being sick or unwell--you're in a crowded place and there will be many to assist you in the unlikely event that something goes wrong. If you have trouble drowning out your own anxious thoughts, maybe bring an ipod and earphones.

If panic attacks are a real problem for you, I'd advise making an appointment with a mental health professional (I don't think I count, since I'm just posting in response to your post on a messageboard and not actually seeing you!) Panic attacks aren't something you have to live with; there are things you can do.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Twice me met up with "Solo" people waiting for our ADR's. It's just my DW and myself but we get seated most times at a four top. Both times we invited the person we met ti dine with us since we had the extra chairs.

Both time we had a great time meeting someone new and it seem they enjoyed the company at dinner.

As for the payment, They had no problem doing seperat checks.

HAve a great time!!!!
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

One of the great things about being in Walt Disney World alone is that you can take the time to really appreciate all of the little details.

Take advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks, even at the greatest place on earth WDW. My son also suffers and his cognitive therapist recommended the book, Worried No More (get the second edition) - and I really enjoyed it too. It had a lot of visuals, which help 'in the moment'!
    Last edited by Jillirose; 08-05-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: add link
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the advise and input.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Disney Buff.......relax have a gas!!! You will probably find out that solo trips let you go at your totally own pace and magical experiences!! I do. There is nothing like being with my wife at WDW, but we find "solo" trips, conferences, schedule conflicts, etc. different and fun. Be safe.........and have a GREAT time!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: