Quantcast opinions on travel times from resort to parks w/ our own car?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree to a point. it's not the actual commute that takes an hour. it's getting to the bus stop, waiting there for a bus, getting on it or having to wait for the next one, and then actually getting there. that can be an hour or much more. it was the almost 2 hour trip from MK to POP that ruined it for me one year.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always drive down to WDW, but then we usually leave our car parked at the resort and use the WDW buses for getting around int he world. WE have found in just as convenient, although sometimes we drive to one of the parks. The one exception is to MK, where using the bus to get there is alwayys faster and easier becuase you get off right at the park entrance, vs. the parking lot on the other side of the Seven Seas lagoon. Leaving MK after parades and fireworks can be a long wait at the bus stop because of the crowds, but we have learned to take our time leaving at park closing (we're never in a hurry to leave anyway) and most of the crowds at the bus stop have dissipated by the time we get there.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We have rented a car the last two times we were there and will next May when we go again.

When we were there last time, we did take Disney Transportation to the MK because we were staying at the WL and the boat was a nice way to travel, to go to the other parks, we drove our car.

With the exception of wanting to fun of riding the monorail to Epcot. And going from the Studios to Epcot via boat. While they were fun both were VERY time consuming. The boat was especially annoying and I will never do it again. The monorail was fun getting to Epcot but leaving, we had to wait in a line for it, then once we got to the TTC, we had to wait for the Resort monorail. It took us so long to get back, I had been wishing we had driven our car. While the walk to the parking lot would have been longer, we would have gone straight to our hotel and not had to take such a long time to get back.

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying offsite for the first time because of a timeshare my parents gave us as an Engagement Gift...

Are we allowed to use the disney buses once we pay for parking (at one of the themeparks) or are we always having to drive to the new themepark if we want to park hop.

Also, what time do the parkinglots close (say the TTC for example) can we leave our car there all day, visit the parks, eat dinner, and then come back at night and get it?

I have been to disney a lot but this is a first being offsite
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Are we allowed to use the disney buses once we pay for parking (at one of the themeparks) or are we always having to drive to the new themepark if we want to park hop. Also, what time do the parkinglots close (say the TTC for example) can we leave our car there all day, visit the parks, eat dinner, and then come back at night and get it?
    Yes, you can use the Disney transportation once you've paid to park. And I know it's okay to leave your car all day at the TTC. Not sure what time the parking lot closes, but I know it's fairly late.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Yes, you can use the Disney transportation once you've paid to park. And I know it's okay to leave your car all day at the TTC. Not sure what time the parking lot closes, but I know it's fairly late.
    Thank you very much... i know for our late night ADRs we will just park at DTD because i know for sure that place stays open late lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    You can only get AAA parking if you purchased your package from AAA...you don't get to park there if you have AAA insurance.
    I have had the AAA diamond parking pass back when I booked through them in 2004... it was nice although we used Disney transportation mostly.

However this Oct i just simply bought one off of Ebay for $5... perfect condition, unsigned and able to be used. I talked to my local office and they wouldn't give out cards if they weren't used in booking but they did mention some in Ohio do.... So with that said, having AAA insurance i feel its a worth while perk i am going to enjoy using while staying offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Thank you very much... i know for our late night ADRs we will just park at DTD because i know for sure that place stays open late lol
    Remember that DTD buses DO NOT go to parks! You will need to go to a resort first, then to a park.

BTW - Your initial question asked about parking at a PARK, DTD is NOT a park and should not be considered a place to park all day while visiting the parks.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Remember that DTD buses DO NOT go to parks! You will need to go to a resort first, then to a park.

BTW - Your initial question asked about parking at a PARK, DTD is NOT a park and should not be considered a place to park all day while visiting the parks.
    Right, i have a few late night ADRs at resorts that since DTD is closest to the exit of the WDW grounds it would be better to park there instead of having to ride the buses all the way back to the Themeparks lots just to back track to get out. Most of the Late night ADRs are at resorts which we would be going to DTD afterwards anyways so it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

We almost always rent a car, and we use it quite a bit while traveling around Disney. We just think it's more convenient for us, especially when dining at the resorts. That being said, when we stay at AKL (which is one of our favorites), we will drive to EPCOT and DHS, but we'll usually bus to MK and AK. The busses to MK drop you off right in front of the park, which usually is more convenient than finding a parking space, riding the tram, and then taking the monorail/boat to the entrance. The busses from AKL to AK run so frequently, and it's such a short ride, we find it easier than getting our car, parking, and then taking the tram to the entrance.... Again, just what we've done over the years. Hope you have a great trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: