Quantcast DLR with children...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DLR with children...

Hello there all,

This October we are planning to make our first trip out to the resort with 2 small children. They're both girls and one is 4 yrs old and one is 2 yrs old. Otherwise, we are traveling as 4 adults in addition to the kids. The kids want to see the characters and ride kids rides, but we would also like to ride everything else as well doing child swap.

Can someone please explain more on child swapping (in the scenario of 2 kids, but the four year old can ride most things). Now, we usually only spend 3 days in DLR, but because we are with kids that eat slow, meet characters, etc. should we plan to stay on a week?

Also with the number of people were with, we would need 2 rooms in the disneyland hotel, correct? What about strollers? Bring our own? Rent? What about going to Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness?

Any tips otherwise with children would be great!

Thank ya'll!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

More than likely, you will be over the head count for the room. With 4 adults and 2 kids, you will probably want more than one bathroom anyway.

As far as baby swap, you will be able to go the ride line and speak with the ride attendant. They will provide you a pass and explain where your party waiting will return to to line up. Usually, your 2nd group will return through the fast pass line, or they will provide instructions on where to go to board the ride.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!
    Definately get 2 rooms.If you can stay a week, why not? It will give you plenty of time to make everyone happy.
    Rent a stroller if you can. I have a 2yo and travelling with a stroller makes me sad. Unless you have one of those $20 umbrella strollers that fold down to nothing and you can check at the gate. But for comfort for the child who may fall asleep at some point when you are not in your room, the rental strollers look comfy.
    Parent Swap is something I use all the time. The cast member at the front of the line will give you colored card and whomever is waiting with the kids gets the dubious distinction of being the card holder while the rest of the party gets in line. The card will have printed instructions on where you go when its your turn to ride. Most of the time its thru the Handicap entrance, but if you go thru fast pass line, some CM just let you keep going.
    Mickeys Morning Madness is a really cool thing if you are willing to get up early. It is always an hour before opening. When we have been able to use this, we usually go and get our fill of Space Mountain, Nemo, and if I remember (its been awhile) the Fantasyland rides. When the park does open, this is when we hit someplace for breakfast.
    While you are in line with the kids, take snacks in line with you. It keeps the kids busy while waiting. We have made standing in line with our 2yo a game. She is very independant and does not want to be held while in line. So we play freeze while in line.
    Another good thing to remember is that the kids will need down time. Always try to pick a time of day to go back to your room and chill out for a minute. Kids can nap, or even go to the pool. Disneyland can be sensory overload and you dont want cranky kids.
    I really cant think of more advice to give, if I do I will add to your post.
    Happy Planning
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer my own stroller just because I can take it out of the park without having to wake my son up. I also don't have to carry him back to the hotel. I also have just about all ways been told to use the handicaped access for the child swap. I have a 2.5 and a 5.5 year old. The older kid gets to ride everything twice and just loves it!

Morning Madness is a must. It's great to let the kid see the characters without the mob!

I'm also for staying the week! We did the 3 days when my oldest was 2 and we felt a bit rushed to see it all. Especially with the shorter fall hours!

Post Thanks / Like

we always rent a stroller. they are way comfier than ours is, and has a large area to put all you disney purchases etc. if you have a disney visa, you can rent them at a discounted rate, as well. take things slow. take pool breaks. we like to stay for a week, since it takes so long to cover much ground, when you have little ones. we like to do the premium viewing (don't know what it's really called), for fantasmic. it's spendy, but we like it because we don't have to camp out forever to hold a spot. plus, i like the desserts they give you. have fun!
    The countdown is on, for our Disneyland vacation in Sept. 2010
    2009-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2008-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2006-Carribean Beach
    2004-Coronado Springs & Port Orleans FQ
    2003-Off Property (Condo)
    1996-Dolphin
    1992-Off Property

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: