Quantcast Do you book with Disney or an Authorized Disney Travel Planner?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you book with Disney or an Authorized Disney Travel Planner?

There doesn't seem to be any cost saving when using an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner or booking directly with Disney. Just wondering what are the Pros/Cons of using one over the other?

Looking into booking Dec 11-16 with my mom and 5 yr daughter, a "Girls Trip"!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2tyandkar View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any cost saving when using an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner or booking directly with Disney. Just wondering what are the Pros/Cons of using one over the other?

Looking into booking Dec 11-16 with my mom and 5 yr daughter, a "Girls Trip"!
    In terms of price, the commission is included, so it either goes to the TA or back to Disney.

In terms of service, depends on if you want to handle all the details or not. I don't use travel agents normally... Too many out there and you never know what you're going to get. You know (pretty much anyway) what your going to get with Disney.

MJ though seems to do a pretty good job from posts here, so you will probably be in good hands there. Never used them, so I can't say from experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Magical Journeys for our upcoming December trip. Kathy has been wonderful. This is my first time using them and I am hooked. I went directly through Disney last two trips. After reading all the posts on MJ, I deceided to try them. I don't regret that at all. I just give her my dates, hotel, tickets etc and it is all done. Takes all the stress out of booking the trips.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Melissa at Magical Journeys handles all my Disney vacations.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

The best benefit of using a good TA is that they will actively look for and automatically apply discounts as they are released. Trying to do this on your own can be difficult. I'm a DVC owner now, but have used Magical Journeys many times before and I was always happy with the service.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to do it myself but after using Magical Journeys this past trip I will us them from now on. It was so easy if you need to make changes to anything just e-mail or call whoever is helping you and they will take care of it, if you want to make a payment do the same thing. We changed the Resort a couple times all I did was send an e-mail and most of the time you will get an e-mail pretty quick telling you they will make the change if available and not long after that you get a new confirmation with your new Resort.

If you have a AAA membership you can use that on a room-only reservation which is what we did. At one point I was sent an e-mail telling me about a deal that could save me some money.

Another cool thing about Magical Journeys is they are members here on Intercot and will make posts and let us know what deals are out there. We had Kathy and she was just great, a very nice person.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys all the way. My opinion, they're the best.

Post Thanks / Like

We have booked through MJ (Wendy)for several years now. It's really a pleasure to have them looking out for your best interest. It's great not having to constantly look for discounts and then hope you can get one when they do release them. MJ does it for you.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I used a local agent to book my 1st trip in 2008 and she was great. There weren't any deals at that time and now I realize we were lucky to get a room at AKL on such short notice (1 month!). We booked a standard view room and ended up getting a pool view! Nice!

Last year we went to the Disney website and booked our own trip during the "book four nights, get three free" deal. It was very easy to plan through the website and when we did want to make changes a couple of times as to what type room we wanted. Help was just a phone call away. However we didn't need to change what actual plan we were booked in, so it may have been more difficut if that had been the case.

This trip we booked through MJ since we heard such wonderful things about them. It was very easy and when I got a PIN to save 40% on deluxe resorts, Karen applied that immediately and saved us a lot of money (about $1200!) Personally I think it was more "fun" to book it ourselves, but MJ does a great job for you. I don't know how hard it would have been to use that PIN if I didn't have her doing the work for me.

Next trip ... who knows? Probably book with MJ again.
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Creek Buccaneer View Post
    Melissa at Magical Journeys handles all my Disney vacations.
    We've worked with Melissa for years now, and she is fabulous. She always gets us the best deals, and gets us the pricing we ask for very quickly. I almost always need to adjust our reservation because DH decides at the last minute he wants to add a day or two, and Melissa gets it done for us right away.

I also know that if any better discounts come out up to the day before we arrive, Melissa will apply it to our ressie. I don't have to stay on top of it myself.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't use just any TA as most of them are clueless about Disney or just do the basics for you. However, I've used Wendy at MJ for 6 years now and would never book any other way. I used to book myself, but Wendy just makes it so darn easy.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Another shout out for Magical Journeys!! Melissa has been great! We have had great service every time!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a planner from wa-a-ay back and used to plan our Disney trips on my own. A few trips back we started to use MJ--I will never go back!
    We use Karen who resonds so quickly to all my emails ; even on Sunday's. I swear she is sitting on her computer waiting for one of her customers to contact her.
    The nice thing is that if any new Disney deals come about, she'll let me know and make the changes. I like that I don't have to check constantly.

Great service-peace of mind-lowest prices...what more can you ask for? Go with Magical Journey's.
    Nancy
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be sorry if you use Magical Journeys!

Great service and they always make sure that you get the advantage of any announced discounts that apply to you!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another vote for Magical Journeys. I am an uber planner/control freak and it took me a long time to finally relinquish control. For some reason, I listened to all of you out there and have been so pleased I wondered why I hadn't used MJ sooner. Debbie is the best! (Hi Debbie!) We have saved thousands of dollars (I'm not exaggerating). Thousands! Try Magical Journeys. You won't be sorry!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

On our first trip to Disney we booked on line and they had to call to make changes, this was a so-so experiance. Since then we have always used Debbie at MJ. She always monitors for Disney specials and updates or reservations to ensure the best value and gives up good advice on where to stay and dine.

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys all the way. We used MJ this year for the first time and won't book any other way, they really take care of you and saved me hours on the phone. Kathy at MJ is great.
    Lori

Tinkerbell Fan "Here's Pixie Dust to You"

October 2005, Animal Kingdom and CBR
    Sept. 2006, POR
    Sept. 2007, AS Music
    May 2008, AS Movies
    April 2009, AS Music
    Sept. 2010 POFQ
    Sept. 2012 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Another one to jump on the MJ bandwagon!! I don't think we will ever book another WDW trip without Denise and MJ!! (Who else would put up with my constant nervous changing/asking for options......)

Magical Journeys
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We used Magical Journeys also. The best thing that I have seen with them is that they'll do the work for you and keep checking for the best deals after you book with them. We have used Kathy for the past few years and she has been just great. One thing to consider about using them, is if something should get messed up, just call them and they'll take care of the problem if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any difference in the level of service that you would ultimately receive using a TA vs Disney direct.

I have heard people tell me that because they had used a third party to book their trip that Disney was unable or unwilling to make small adjustments in their itinerary.

For example, there were three parties meeting at WDW and staying at same resort (all booked by the same TA and same primary party) but Disney had booked them into rooms spread out across the resort. When asked if they could find rooms together or at least in the same block, they said sorry "no can do" because the trip was not handled by Disney so they could not make that type of adjustment.

Do all TA's fall into this third-party classification - meaning that you may not get the same level of customer service once on site?

Does MJ get preferential treatment in the eyes of Disney?
    1981- WDW/offsite
    2005 - WDW/Pop Century & PO-Riverside
    2010 - WDW/Pop Century & Coronado Springs
    2012 - DLR/offsite
    2013 - WDW/Pop Century
    2016 - WDW ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: