Quantcast Our WDW Celebration Pre-trip report!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Our WDW Celebration Pre-trip report!

I cant believe its time to write our pre-trip report already! As some of you may know, my DH and I got married in WDW last July 31st. So we are going to take an early anniversary trip. I cant believe how fast time has gone, 1 year already!

It is also my DH's 30th birthday! Yay!

We have a few firsts on this trip which is pretty good since we have been so many times.

I wanted to surprise my DH with a great 30th bday gift. Let me tell you, Denise from Magical Journeys is amazing. She helped me plan a fantastic surprise Universal Studios trip before our WDW trip! And so it went- a surprise was born and after holding it in for 2 months I was bursting at the seams and so I told him. He was elated! Here is what our plan is for our celebration vacation!

July 15- Depart Newark at 7:30 am and land in Orlando around 10:30. Rented a car (first time) and off to check into Royal Pacific Hotel in Universal Studios (first time at this resort). After we check in we plan on going to the disney outlet and heading to a grocery store to pick up breakfast items. Dinner this night will be at Emeril's Tchoup Tchop in the Royal Pacific Hotel.

July 16- Up early and plan to hit the new Harry Potter park. Because we are staying in a Universal hotel we get front of the line access on almost every ride. Not the Forbidden Journey so this is our first destination. We plan on spending the day exploring Universal parks. Dinner will be at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

July 17- Another day to explore Universal and hopefully enjoy the resort pool a bit.

July 18th- Check out of the Royal Pacific and head to the Wilderness Lodge (another first). After we check in we will head over to the Dolphin to drop off the car and head into a park. Not sure which one, depends on our mood! Yay!!! We are in disney!!!!

July 19th- We will probably enjoy an early morning at DHS and swim in the afternoon. Our dinner will be at Wolfgang Puck in the late afternoon. We hope to head into the AK for EMH since their EMH are still pretty early.

July 20- Depending on how we feel I hope to hit EMH at the MK. We will probably come back to the resort in the afternoon to relax and swim. I love pool time! Dinner this night is early at Le Cellier (my favorite!!!!!) Epcot has EMH, so we may stay for some of this just to aviod inital bus crowds after illuminations.

July 21- We have a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe! Cant miss that Tonga Toast!!!!!! Not sure what park we will head into after our bellies are full. The day is pretty much open. We will most likely head to a park for EMH evening.

July 22- Early moring at MK with a great dinner at Ohana's planned. We will probably spend some pool time too!

July 23-EMH at DHS we will definitely go to! Cant miss TSM! We have dinner at the Kona Cafe and then we will probably head into the MK.

July 24- We will probably sleep in and head into Epcot. We have a lunch planned at Teppan Edo around noon. Love to be in the World Showcase. We will take some pool time and head into DHS for dinner at Mama Melrose's. This was a last minute decision to book this dinner because my DH really enjoyed it last trip.

July 25- our last full day and DH real bday! We will start our day at his choice park and enjoy a wonderful dinner at Artist Point. We will head into the MK after dinner to say goodbye!

July 26- Afternoon flight back to Newark.

We packed our bags today and are just getting those pre-trip butterflies! So exciting! Thanks for reading!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, almost a year already! Very exciting. The plans sound great, love the Universal add-on. How fun! Emeril's Tchoup Tchop is my sister's favorite restaurant. She says it's really great, but I have not tried it yet.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I can't believe it's time for your anniversary trip, either... seems like I just read your wedding report!!

Your plans sound wonderful -- have a terrific trip, and I hope you guys enjoy HP at Universal... can't wait to see it someday!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a fabulous trip planned!! Icon't wait to read all about it when you return.

Happy B-day to the Hubby & Happy Anniversary to the both of you!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your going to have such a wonderful time and what a great surprise add on!! Can't wait to read all about it!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like its going to be a wonderful birthday/anniversary trip!!
    we honeymooned at disney and then went back last year for our 1st anniversary also!!
    i hope you guys have a wonderful time..cant wait to hear..well read all about when you guys return!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip planned! Happy birthday to your hubby and Happy Anniversary to both of you!

We've stayed at Royal Pacific and really enjoyed this resort!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You have a lot to celebrate on this trip. I hope you have an awesome visit to WDW.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy and have a most magical time!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I know you guys are going to enjoy WL. Great idea of adding the Universal trip for DH's birthday - you'll have to give us a firsthand account of how that goes as well as your Disney World trip. Happy Anniversary, Bethany!

Your dining plans sound wonderful. I agree, LeCellier is my favorite, too! We arrive on Saturday the 24th - I'll keep my eyes open to see if I can spot you and Anthony around WL! Have a GREAT trip!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Happy 1st Anniversary.
    That was a quick year.
    Happy 30th B'day to Anthony.
    Sounds like a great trip planned. I hope you have lots of fun. Can't to wait to hear all about it.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I'll reiterate what others have said, "I can't believe it's been a year already!" I saw your name under the trip report forum and I had to read. Time does fly! Your trip sounds wonderful. Enjoy!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your "almost" 1 year anniversary!!

We will possibly pass in the lobby at some point in the WL. Our stay is from July 19-24.

Have a great vacation, anniversary and DH birthday!

Can't wait to hear about your trip when you return. Hoping for good weather!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all of your well wishes! I cant believe it has been a year already either! It really did fly by!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Anniversary and BD to DH! We miss you by just 4 days! And reading your post.. I totally forgot to book Kona's for breakfast!!!! Aaah! thanks for the reminder!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Cant forget the Kona! You shouldnt have a problem getting in though, I just booked ours 3 days ago!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Cant forget the Kona! You shouldnt have a problem getting in though, I just booked ours 3 days ago!
    Got it! Thanks Bethany! I can taste that Tonga toast now...
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wow did time fly. Happy Anniversary a little early- hope you have a very magical trip and you DH has a great birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading your posts as you planned your wedding. My wife and I had ours there at the Swan and Dolphin. The one thing I would suggest is going to that spot you got married at and getting your picture. My wife and I have done that the past 2 years and held up our fingers indicating one then the following year 2. Except we added our newborn for the second year. Its great for our photo album. Either way, it sounds like your guys are gonna have a blast. Great food choices. After dropping offf your car, walk over through the international gateway, first stop is France for some pastries!!! Or the Rose and Crown
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I remember your last report. Have a great trip!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: