Quantcast Brazil's tour groups - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    ... I'm not sure about that theory of their seasons being opposite...
    Do you believe the world is flat too? J/K
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back today... the brazialian tour groups were at Disney in force!! While many of the individuals were pleasant and blended in to the parks, it's when they get together in mass that the problems happen - a group of about 100 stood at the fast pass for soaring, but they were too early and were not permitted to enter but no one else could get around them. It took security to direct current fast pass holders to the entrance and then these kids were angry that we got to pass them. The thing about the groups that irritates me is the chanting because they always pick a closed in area to chant and the noise is just unbearable. We stayed at POR Riverside and we had 2 groups staying there. The only problem was at breakfast (if we didn't go early) and on the extended park nights - they had their own transportation but took Disney transportation on those nights.

I was talking to a cast member who said that one of the biggest tour groups from Brazil and Argentina were now banned from disney property including the parks due to their behavior in the parks and the way they left their hotel rooms.

And to the person who said just go the opposite direction, last week, there were so many groups that no matter where you went, they were there. It was a crowded week anyway, but without the tour groups, it would have been noticeably quieter.
    POR Graduation Trip 2013
    POR 2012
    POR - July 2011
    POR - July 2010
    DCL - July 2009
    POFQ - Spring Break 2008
    DCL - Summer 2007
    POR - Dec 2006 (Mom's 1st Trip)
    POR - Spring Break 2006
    Poly - Spring Break 2005
    WL 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1995
    Poly 1992
    POFQ 1991
    Off site 1990

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Do you believe the world is flat too? J/K
    Haha, I should've specified. What I meant was that I don't think the opposite season thing really affects their travel patterns.

Also what is it about Soarin' that brings out the bad behavior in these groups! Random.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    thats crazy! i dont understand why they have to stay in one group. if they were very young, like elementary school age i'd understand.
    The last time that we went to WDW in July was 2002, and the Brazilian tour groups were there then too. One thing that we did observe on multiple occasions was large tour groups going on a ride with narration (Living with the Land) and the language by Disney was in Portugese instead of English. This probably isn't the only reason that they stick together, but I am sure that it is part of it.
    I would imagine that if the tour groups were comprised of 60 Japanese kids, or 60 Italian kids, or 60 American kids, the behavior of the group would be about the same.....like a bunch of teenagers without Mom and Dad. I have seen rude behavior by many nationalities at WDW, both in groups, in families, and by individuals. No one should have to tolerate it, but it is certainly not exclusive to the Brazilian groups. I think that Disney does its best to control the groups, but they can only go so far. In reality, what more can WDW do?

Post Thanks / Like

Do these groups attend Disney all of june-august, or are they mainly there for part of July+

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back today. Our trip was from 7/21-7/28. The parks were packed with tour groups, especially Hollywood Studios. We attempted to go there 3 different days, and we the waits for the rides were crazy. They closed the single rider lines because when you have 160 people in one group, there is never a need for a single rider. Also, the restaurants had no seating, CS and TS since the groups all dine at once. I would reconsider going in July. The kids were generally behaved. It was just extremely crowded.
    Daisy712

Caribbean Beach Resort 1989, 2010
    All Star Movies 1999, 2000, 2002
    Dolphin 2001
    Fairfield Cypress Palms 2003
    Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Wilderness Lodge 2005
    Pop 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We encountered these groups once or twice and the problem we had was one person would wait in line at an attraction and they had a walkie talkie, when it was almost time to board they would call on their walkie talkie and a large group would come running up and cut in front of everyone

Also, as far as assault being part of someone's culture...that doesn't ring true with me, assault is assault anywhere, they should have been thrown out....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I just came back from WDW a couple of weeks ago and the tour groups were out in full force. I will say that, at least in my dealings, they were better behaved than in the past.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We were at WDW 7-16 to 7-25. We stayed at POFQ and didn't encounter any tour groups at the resort. However the parks was a different story altogether. We saw 4 to 5 groups a day at all of the parks. Some of the groups were pretty massive. A lot of the time the groups would start chanting and it is very disturbing. We were at the loading area or POTC and two big groups started chanting, it was very,very loud and after a few moments one of the cast members finally motioned for them to stop. But my biggest complaint is that the groups would just sit down on the sidewalk and street and when you plop down 40 plus people it takes up a lot of space and it really congest traffic flow. My father is in a wheelchair and it is difficult enough to navigate the parks with the traffic and then you have 40 plus people just laying and sitting all over the place including in the rampway for wheelchairs and strollers.

Just before our trip to Disney my daughter went with a tour group to Germany and she told me that her tour group leader stressed that they were not permitted to chant or be loud in any manner and they had to be respectful at all times of the German people as my daughter and her group were foreigners in Germany. To bad some of these tour groups leaders visiting Disney don't take the same approach.
    Every year from 76 to 87 offsite,
    Sept 93 POFQ
    Sept 95 POFQ
    Sept 97 POFQ
    July 05 ASMV
    July 06 ASMV
    October 08 ASMV
    July 10 POFQ
    December 10 POFQ
    June 2011 ASM
    December 2012 POFQ
    August 2014 ASSP

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing them on my December trips, but they never caused any trouble. Then again, I never interacted with them directly. I only saw them en masse at Fantasmic, where they sang for half an hour before the show. The crowd seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We were the last week of January/1st week of February and there were literally thousands from Brazil. We just went the opposite direction and never had a problem. I did speak to one of the group leaders at the hotel (POR) who told me it was, in fact, their Summer.
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

I went from july 21-28. There were tour groups. I took the advice of many on avoiding these groups. I found the most at studios. I didn't find it to bad as long as I watched and tried to avoid the major groups. Thank you for all the advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if their rudeness is culturally accepted, or that they're just being teenagers, but I can assure you that had I been physically assaulted, I would have called the police. I don't care what the nationality of the person may be, you don't have the right to physically harm someone. Also, we were in Disney a few years ago during Mardi Gras, there were numerous Brazilians there during that time. On a few occasions, several teens tried to get into line in front of us to catch up with their friends. I would not let them pass in front of me. Like the above poster said, small children are one thing, but large groups of teens are something totally different. Disney should have a policy that is given out to the directors of these tour groups, explaining proper ediquette. That way, it can be presented to the qroups prior to them entering the parks. I think this would be good for any large group, not just those from Brazil.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tour groups.....

Just got back (7/23/10-8/01/10) and we saw multiple tour groups. I am not disputing what happened to others, but I have to say, all of the tour groups were the best behaved that I have ever seen them while visiting WDW. We didn't even experience any of the "group chanting" that we have during past visits.

Post Thanks / Like

We were down there from 7/26 - 7/30. While we saw a lot of them, they were no more rude than anybody else. Honestly, we experienced far more rude behavior from good ol' Americans than from the kids in the international tour groups.

Post Thanks / Like

My first trip to WDW was in July, and we encountered large groups from Brazil and Argentina. Whenever we saw a group led by someone holding a flag, we headed the other way.

Americans are chided for their behavior in other countries, but visitors to our shores are not held to the same standard. We must be aware at all times what is rude and what is accepted behavior. Turn about is fair play. The tour organizers should make it clear to everyone what is acceptable and what is not.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Americans are chided for their behavior in other countries, but visitors to our shores are not held to the same standard.
    I don't know, sounds like some pretty good chiding going on here.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I can happily report that we've been in every park except Epcot since Saturday, and not one tour group in sight. I guess it truly is a "July" thing.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: