Quantcast Brazil's tour groups

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brazil's tour groups

Any one who has been in Disney this last June and now July, are the tour groups as large as usual, and which hotels do these groups usually stay?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were there last mid-June. We didn't see any groups at Pop Century.
    Daisy712

Caribbean Beach Resort 1989, 2010
    All Star Movies 1999, 2000, 2002
    Dolphin 2001
    Fairfield Cypress Palms 2003
    Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Wilderness Lodge 2005
    Pop 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Their summer is our winter, so the tour groups are less in June and July.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

I read on another site about the large Brazillian tour groups-the thread was titled Billions of Brazillians. I do not have first hand experience with this, but the comments on the thread describe the large groups as very rude and cutting in line mulitple times. Doesn't sound fun.
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Their summer is our winter, so the tour groups are less in June and July.
    Really? There are less now than usual? Glad I come in the summer then. There are a bunch here now, not any noisier or ruder than I remember. Actually pretty well behaved than prior years.

Post Thanks / Like

Having been to both AK and MK just this past Thursday I can tell you what I observed. At AK I noticed about 2 large groups made up of about 40 or so. At Mk there were 2-3 smaller groups of about 20 or so. The only thing that is hard is that they try to keep everyone together so when you have one cut you off on the street another 20-40 will follow. I don't think they are rude, they are just high school aged students with that same attitude most high school students have. Also, a lot do not speak English so I am sure they feel uncomfortable as well.

Post Thanks / Like

oh and as for them cutting into lines, i didn't notice anything like that but have on previous visits years before. They do have some wait in line and then the rest join when the line gets closer to the attraction. And yes it is annoying when all of a sudden you have 15 people making their way to the front of the line. But to me it is no different that families who have one person wait and then the rest join them at the front.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with people holding spots for another family member with young children, in my opinion, but holding spots for a dozen or more teenage-or-older people is excessive and exploitative. Touring with a large group should not be twisted into a self-made variation of the fast pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Nothing wrong with people holding spots for another family member with young children, in my opinion, but holding spots for a dozen or more teenage-or-older people is excessive and exploitative. Touring with a large group should not be twisted into a self-made variation of the fast pass.
    I agree. I hate seeing people push through the lines to get to their party. Completely different story when they have small children in tow. You never know when a little one will need a potty break.
    Daisy712

Caribbean Beach Resort 1989, 2010
    All Star Movies 1999, 2000, 2002
    Dolphin 2001
    Fairfield Cypress Palms 2003
    Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Wilderness Lodge 2005
    Pop 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the young children, I was referring to families who do this with teenagers or other adult family members.

Post Thanks / Like

The best startegy for dealing with any large tour group is to reverse your direction they usually flow through the park in one direction so head in the opposite direction they are and you will be fine. If you see a large group heading towards a stand-by line skip that attraction and come back to it.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a problem with any "group"! Last I remember I live in America. Quit complaining. Just another post for people to complain. Very SAD INDEED!!! Yes, I expect a pm from a mod that says I just overstepped my bounds. Unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

We noticed alot of them when we went back in January. I too read some other threads about said groups and actually feared for my vacation - even going as far as changing resorts.

However I have to say none of the things I was "warned" about happened. I would just make sure, if I saw them heading toward a ride, I would chose a different ride (mainly because I knew ride time about about to shoot straight up.) But then again I tended to do that anyway if I saw a large group of anybody going toward one attraction.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

When we last went in July 2007, on one occassion at Soarin, part of a tour group that got ahead of their party let us pass on by in line instead of the back-end trying to cut in front of us. We also saw a couple of groups at Animal Kingdom with no problems either. We go back in 6 days and actually hope to see a couple of groups to liven things up!

1972, 1976, 1989, 1993, 2002 - Offsite
    1996 - CBR
    1999, 2010 - CR
    2000, 2001, 2003 GF
    2004. 2007 WL
    2005 AKL
    2014 TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    We have never had a problem with any "group"! Last I remember I live in America. Quit complaining. Just another post for people to complain. Very SAD INDEED!!! Yes, I expect a pm from a mod that says I just overstepped my bounds. Unbelievable.
    I think you've overreacted a bit here...I don't think this is any different than asking about Pop Warner or Cheerleader groups. It's not who they are or where they are from, it's simply about large groups of individuals singing, chanting, or cheering loudly. (all 3 groups I mentioned do that, it doesnt matter where the kids are from...) Also, it can cause logjams on rides or at restaurants. I don't think any member of Intercot would be thinking anything negative simply because of where they are from. Tour groups, nothing more.

Off my now...and back to topic...
    Pop warner and cheerleading weeks are posted online, so can this info maybe be found as well?
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where the tour groups are from nor do I care. I have seen the worse and the best of them at Disney. I have seen them steal, and yet I have seen them stop and try to placate a crying child. But then again, no matter where you are, you will find the same thing. Good and bad.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We ran into the Brazilian Tour Groups for one day of our January 2009 vacation. They did cut the lines and monopolize the fast pass machines. Tour leaders would take up all the fast pass machines at a particular attraction and feed hundreds of cards through.

It was really annoying and rude IMHO.
    Old Key West - December 2015
    All Start Music - August 2014
    Port Orleans - May 2013 + Dream Cruise, Jan 1997
    Fort Wilderness - Jan 2011, Jan 2009, Dec 2002
    Disney Village Resort - August 1993
    Off site - Jan 1992 (Honeymoon), Dec 1989, Feb. 1977 (CCD)

Post Thanks / Like

Last July (2009) there were MANY tour groups of teens chanting loudly in Portuguese. I believe they were Brazilian. We were there mid-July. One night we were waiting in the tight pathway for Fantasmic with at least 5 different groups. They were enjoying themselves by trying to outdo one another (yelling, cheering, chanting, etc).
    One of the nearby teens told me that it is tradition - they always come to the US for their break. She said it is the most fun when many groups land in the same park. From what she said, I had the impression that July was their annual break time.
    Generally, they seemed friendly enough teens -- but it was a bit much when trapped in the middle of the group waiting to get into the theater. On the other hand, they ended up doing a pretty good pre-show for us all once we were in our seats.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, they can really make the wait at Fantasmic! a lot more fun with their singing/chanting. On Small World or Pirates, not so much fun though... Kind of ruins it for us.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Default my experience with a group from Brazil

I was actually assalted by a member of the group. My husband, my best friend, our 2 children and myself were waiting in line at Soaring. It was a LONG line and we were still very close to the entrance when the 2 girls, age 6, said they needed to use the bathroom. I saw a CM and asked if it would be OK if I got out of line to take them to the restroom and rejoin my husband & friend. They said it was OK, as the bathroom was visible from where we were in line. As I was taking them out of the line, the group from Brazil was very rude and would not let us get through, they kept shoving us. We finally made it out and then on our way back had no problem until we reached that group again. They actuall all linked arms and blocked the entire width of the line. When we tried to go through them they hit the girls in the head with their elbows. I told them we needed to get back to my husband who was sitting in a wheel chair waiting for us. As we agin tried to pass through a woman punched me in the back of the head with both her fists! I was so shocked and started yelling for help. Other guests helped me get back to my husband; with 2 crying children. There was no CM to be found until we got up closer to the boarding area of the ride; I told them that I had just been assalted and they said "let me guess; it was one of the people from Brazil. We've been having problems with them all day, you are the 3rd person that's been hit" They told me that there was suppossed to be a WDW employee with them to help avoid any problems and they were going to ask them to leave but I needed to understand it was part of their culture. I have friends from all over the world and many different cultures and no one I know thinks its an acceptable thing to do to anyone. I think if Disney knows there are problems with large groups then they should be addressed immediately and always have an employee with them who can help control any situations. It was the only time I've had a bad time in WDW.
    Port Orleans French Quarter July 2016[/B][/COLOR]
    Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge June/July 2012
    Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter-August 2007
    Disney Land- October 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter-July 2005
    Many trips off-site as a child

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: