Quantcast Vegetarians - Best TS restaurant for vegetarian family?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vegetarians - Best TS restaurant for vegetarian family?

Most of what I have found here, so far, has been experiences of 1 or 2 vegetarians in a larger group at a TS seating at WDW. Is there anyone that has experience at the TS restaurants as an entire family of vegetarians and can help me isolate the BEST one for vegetarians?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Boma or Jiko would probably be the most 'veg friendly' resturants on property. Jiko offers a seperate vegetarian menu!
    I also very much enjoy the Crystal Palace. They are very accomidating, when I told the server I was a vegetarian, the chef came out, gave me a vegetarian tour of the buffett, and offered to make me any dish that my heart desired..
    The key is to let your server/host know beforehand. They are usually extremely understanding about diatary restrictions, and will go to great lengths to make you happy and full
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Marrakesh in Morocco at EPCOT also has a vegetarian option. I think that it's vegetable couscous.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard many people on Intercot rave about the vegetarian offerings at Chefs de France.

Good luck.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing a lot of research on this for our upcoming trip in August, which will be my first as a vegan. So far, I've come to realize that it helps to note your ADR with the information that you're a vegetarian (or vegan). Secondly, in my readings, a few restaurants have stood out more than others. They include:
    • Boma
    • Tusker House
    • Jiko
    • Crystal Palace
    • Tangerine Cafe (but most definitely not Marrakesh where I've heard of two people who had terrible experiences there)
    • Sanaa (they have a vegetarian section on their menu and also offer a vegan menu)
    • Kouzzina
    • Colombia Harbor House (not a TS, but a CS whose Lighthouse Sandwich is a favorite)

I've also heard of people having excellent experiences at 'Ohana (yes, 'Ohana!) and California Grill. Restaurants like San Angel Inn and Tokyo Dining have a separate, printed vegetarian menu you can request.

If it helps, we have reservations at the following restaurants: California Grill, Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mama Melrose, Chef de France, Kouzzina, House of Blues, Yak & Yeti, The Plaza, San Angel Inn.

Good luck and please let us know about your experiences when you return.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

As fate would have it, I just went to Disney last October with my mostly vegetarian family (I am one of them)!

Here are a few places I've personally visited that stand out to me in terms of selection and variety for us veggies (note: I do eat dairy and eggs, but most restaurants either have vegan options available or can accommodate your dietary needs upon request).

Magic Kingdom:
    *The best option here is Crystal Palace. Lots of different salads, etc.

Epcot:
    I haven't been terribly impressed with any of the vegetarian options in this park. Most tend to be pasta dishes which get really old, really fast. However, if I had to choose, I would go with Chefs de France.

Animal Kingdom:
    *Tusker House: total home run if you like trying new foods with varied flavors/spices. One of my absolute favorites!

Hollywood Studios:
    I have found nothing noteworthy in this park

Resorts:
    *Jiko at AKL--outstanding!
    *Boma at AKL--another vegetarian "can't miss"
    *California Grille at CR--ask for the vegetarian unplugged dish. The chef will create 4 mini vegetarian dishes for your eating pleasure--fantastic!

Downtown Disney:
    *Wolfgang Puck Cafe--this is the one restaurant that I simply MUST visit everytime I'm at Disney. Try the butternut squash soup, it's out of this world!

Hope that helps--have fun planning!!!
    1984-1989:Florida resident pass holder
    January 1991 & 1993: off-site
    April 1996: ASM
    April 1998: ASM
    December 2001: off-site
    May 2004: off-site
    December 2006: Pop
    January 2008: Pop
    November 2008: POFQ
    May 2009: POR
    October 2009: POFQ
    February 2010: Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Smile vegi restaurants

try cape may cafe at the beach club resort. it is an excellent buf. with many really good items.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: