Quantcast DVC Member & Pool Hoping

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Member & Pool Hoping

Hi, we are DVC memebers and staying at AK starting June 24th... are we allowed to pool hop at that time and if so, any resort?

We stayed at BC last time and my kids mentioned going to their ice cream palor for lunch again.. maybe stay and swim?

However I forget the rules on pool hopping.

THanks
    Becky

DVC MEMBER AS OF 10/2006

Hilton Head 8/11
    Saratoga Springs 1/11~ Disney Half Marathon
    AK Kidanni Villas 6/10
    Vero Beach 1/09
    Beach Club Villas 8/08
    Saratoga Springs 6/07
    Wilderness Lodge 10/06
    Animal Kingdom 11/05
    Carribean Beach 5/04
    Dixie Landings 10/97

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club is off limits to EVERYONE regarding pool hopping 365 days a year. Well, if you are staying there, but that's not pool hopping. I think it's any resort EXCEPT Beach Club and AKL.

During the time you are there pool hopping may be blacked out though. It starts late June I think and goes through the 4th of July holiday at least.

I'd plan on NOT pool hopping. Enjoy the Kidani area, it's fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Roz.. is it? I can't wait. I am one of those moms that love to sit by the pool, read, jump in when I am melting. Splash a bit w/ the kids. When I took my kids last time in summer months, we went to the pool often being so hot and we have been to Disney any times.

I am so excited to escape... we have not been on a "real" vacation since Disney 8/2008

Thanks for sharing!
    Becky

DVC MEMBER AS OF 10/2006

Hilton Head 8/11
    Saratoga Springs 1/11~ Disney Half Marathon
    AK Kidanni Villas 6/10
    Vero Beach 1/09
    Beach Club Villas 8/08
    Saratoga Springs 6/07
    Wilderness Lodge 10/06
    Animal Kingdom 11/05
    Carribean Beach 5/04
    Dixie Landings 10/97

Post Thanks / Like

The slide at the Beach Club is great, but outside of that, I think many would prefer the Kidani Pool Area. It's got a few different slides for different age groups, a nice big pool to play around in, gobs of sitting areas and a few different play areas (also dependent on the age of those going).

As I mentioned, pool hopping gets suspended around the 4th for DVC members, so I would plan on not hopping.

If you get sick of Kidani, you can always hop over to Jambo House and enjoy the pool there. It's a bigger main pool, but not as many activities if I recall right.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to swim at AKL...and see the new DVC pool too...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Just a bit of clarification on the Pool hopping rules from the member site:

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas.

Due to the high occupancy that is expected, Disney Vacation Club Members and any Guests staying with them may not pool hop during the following dates*:
    • February 14-20, 2010 (Sun – Sat)
    • March 27 – April 10, 2010 (Sun – Sat)
    • May 28 – 31, 2010 (Fri – Mon)
    • June 27 – July 5 (Sun – Mon)
    • Sept 3 – 6, 2010 (Fri – Mon)
    • Nov 22 – 28, 2010 (Mon – Sun)
    • Dec 12, 2010 – Jan 2, 2011 (Sun – Mon)
    SorcererJim

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to add that you can pool hop to any resort not just DVC (except of course for the ones Sorcerer Jim listed). You have a few days before the pool hopping blackout.

We love to hit MK early then break for lunch and pool hopping at the Poly. We love the pool, volcano waterslide and the beach. Oh and the lapu lapu's while the kids swim is nice too!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

When you pool hop to resorts...do you have to let them know when you arrive? how do you change into your suits...didn't realize that this was allowed? I LOVE the GF pool and would head out there for an afternoon swim if allowed. I had to show my room key at the GF to get a locker...??? How would that work if at a DVC?
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    When you pool hop to resorts...do you have to let them know when you arrive? how do you change into your suits...didn't realize that this was allowed? I LOVE the GF pool and would head out there for an afternoon swim if allowed. I had to show my room key at the GF to get a locker...??? How would that work if at a DVC?
    I know some folks stop by the front desk to let them know that they are pool hopping. We have never done that and I have not seen an official rule that we have to (someone correct me if I am wrong). I know that if pools are crowded the CM's WILL check for resort ID - that is when you would show that you are a DVC member. Realize that if the pool is crowded you may be asked to leave. This has never happened to us although I have seen CM's checking ID's at Wilderness Lodge (we were staying there then ). Don't know that you would be able to get a locker - I have never tried.

As far as changing - all of the pools have a restroom near them and most of the ones we have been to also have a changing area and showers (I KNOW the Poly does). This is where we change. We just then put our clothes in our bag and keep it with us.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that DVC members could only pool hop at other DVC resorts (with the exceptions of BLT, AKV and BCV). I could swear that it was in the contract language and in the DVC member guide. Did I miss something?
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    I thought that DVC members could only pool hop at other DVC resorts (with the exceptions of BLT, AKV and BCV). I could swear that it was in the contract language and in the DVC member guide. Did I miss something?
    I don't think it says ONLY DVC resorts and it doesn't say non-DVC resorts either.

People have been doing it without an issue, so I think it's safe to say it's all resorts, except those excluded. This can of course be yanked at any time, so it's YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I don't think it says ONLY DVC resorts and it doesn't say non-DVC resorts either.
    Actually DVC DOES say that members are allowed to pool hop at any WDW resort. Below is copied and pasted from the DVC member website (I added the bolding and underlining):

"Pool Hopping Information
    Whenever you are staying on your Membership at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, or The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, you and any Guests staying with you, are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World® Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a Host or Hostess at the Front Desk of the resort hotel you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy. As a reminder, during times of high occupancy, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, Disney Vacation Club Members and any Guests staying with them may not pool hop during the following dates*:

•February 14-20, 2010 (Sun – Sat)
    •March 27 – April 10, 2010 (Sun – Sat)
    •May 28 – 31, 2010 (Fri – Mon)
    •June 27 – July 5 (Sun – Mon)
    •Sept 3 – 6, 2010 (Fri – Mon)
    •Nov 22 – 28, 2010 (Mon – Sun)
    •Dec 12, 2010 – Jan 2, 2011 (Sun – Mon)

*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity"
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I guess that I just read it wrong.

I just need a little more clarification. So you can pool hop if you are staying at a DVC resort on points? I don't know if the KTTW card would indicate that you are a DVC member if you're staying at a non-DVC resort, even if it is with points. Not that I'd be staying at a non-DVC resort on points a lot, but it might happen. TIA.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

On points at a DVC resort... Your card will say DVC MEMBER I believe. If you are NOT staying at a DVC resort, then pool hopping isn't a perk. For example, staying at the Grand on points DOES NOT allow pool hopping perks.

BTW - While the above definition of pool hopping rule is more detailed, the following is usually included in every Disney Files magazine, and is a little more vague.

Pool Hopping: Whenever you are using your Membership to stay at a Disney Vacation Club Resort as the Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to pool hop to other eligible pools if they are not at capacity. Due to expected high occupancy ... [snip] ... Pool hopping is never available ay Bay Cove Pool ay Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, the pools at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club illas, or at the Disneyland Resort in California. Further block-out dates may be added based on capacity issues. Full details are available in Portable Perks and online at www.dvcmember.com.
    Not sure if the Contemporary has more than one pool, but it looks like it's only the Bay Cove pool, and the quiet pool at Beach Club looks like it's in play too. At least according to the above.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Member & Pool Hoping

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Not sure if the Contemporary has more than one pool, but it looks like it's only the Bay Cove pool, and the quiet pool at Beach Club looks like it's in play too. At least according to the above.
    CR has two pools other than the one at BLT. The main pool with a great slide and water sprites and another by the lake with cabanas (this is a peaceful area which I have always favored).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: