Quantcast Disney Quest- Worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Quest- Worth it?

I am surprising my sons and taking them to Disney in 3 weeks. They are 11 & 9 and have been 5 times. (Spoiled I know, but we are DVC members). WE have not been since 8/2008 and never been to Quest. I am trying to do things & eat at diff. places. They love video games, I do not. Is Disney Quest worth it? Should I take them Sat. night when we plan to hang and dine in DT Disney? Are all the games included? I am trying to see which ticket plan to buy.

Thanks,
    Becky

DVC MEMBER AS OF 10/2006

Hilton Head 8/11
    Saratoga Springs 1/11~ Disney Half Marathon
    AK Kidanni Villas 6/10
    Vero Beach 1/09
    Beach Club Villas 8/08
    Saratoga Springs 6/07
    Wilderness Lodge 10/06
    Animal Kingdom 11/05
    Carribean Beach 5/04
    Dixie Landings 10/97

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the games are included in the cost of admission...things tht result in a prize are not. It can get very crowded and if your sons want to go in different directions it's hard to keep track of them as it is three or four floors of games. It has a lot of the old video games, not real recent ones. With that said, if they are real video game kids, they will love it. I'm a single mom as well and didn't take mine to Disney Quest until I felt comfortable enough to let them do their thing and I sat in the computer lounge with a set meeting time to check-in!!!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Becky,

Since your boys love games they will LOVE DQ, I know my boys do. Me not so much. I got kind of bored and would have rather been outside or in a park.

If you go plan on following them around and acting like a kid, "can we go yet, I'm bored" lol. I did enjoy some (the Pirate ride most and make your own roller coaster). They could have spent all day and night there, I should have brought a book .

I think the weekends tend to be a bit more crowded so you may want to go a different time.

Make the best of it, because I'm betting they will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

We just went to DQ for the first time Memorial Day weekend. My son is 10 and was in heaven! My daughter, not so much - but she's 7 and not into video games that much. I'm not a video game player, but enjoyed it more than I thought. Like the pp said, you'll be ready to go before they are, but we're there so they can have fun, right? They'll love it and you'll love seeing them so happy!
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

With sons your age, I'd say yes, it's worth it. They'll be teenagers soon. Go now.

Post Thanks / Like

I love DQ, but I love video games. The really neat section is on the top floor: all the old games (Pac-Man, Asteroids, Burger Time, DigDug, etc)!
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I think we will do it. I do like or can play the oldies Pac Man, Space Invaders etc. I think I am turning into my mother.. how do you work this VCR thingy she used to say?? LOL
    Becky

DVC MEMBER AS OF 10/2006

Hilton Head 8/11
    Saratoga Springs 1/11~ Disney Half Marathon
    AK Kidanni Villas 6/10
    Vero Beach 1/09
    Beach Club Villas 8/08
    Saratoga Springs 6/07
    Wilderness Lodge 10/06
    Animal Kingdom 11/05
    Carribean Beach 5/04
    Dixie Landings 10/97

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say yes, we have never spent a full day there but it is a great place to spend half a day or an evening.

My personal favourite is Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold. A team game where you sail a pirate ship and have to sink the other ships to get gold. I like how it's an activity that the whole family can join in and work together for. There are other fun attractions such as Buzz Lightyear's Astroblaster, Ride the Comics and of course Cyberspace Mountain, here you design a rollercoaster and ride it in a simulator.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely worth doing once. Maybe not every trip. I enjoy gaming only marginally but there are a few items that caught my interest. With your mentioned age group it certainly wouldn't be the worst part of their trip nomatter what they're interested in.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

Post Thanks / Like

We also liked the virtual reality stuff - Aladdin, and the canoes. One area that looked interesting (which we didn't check out) appeared to be creating animation? Can anybody conform/clarify?
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

My DH took our oldest son for the first time in Nov. and he loved it. Then in June all 4 of us went as younger DS wanted to see what it was all about. My 10 year old son still loved it, my 8 year old son could take it or leave it, and I hated it. It was loud and chaotic, and just didn't feel very "disney" to me. We were there for about 3 or 4 hours and I couldn't wait to leave. I couldn't imagine being there for an entire day. And unless you are comfortable with letting your kids roam its a hard place to keep track of two kids. If I went with my kids alone they'd have to stick together. We did most of the major "attractions" together, but then DH and I split up each with a kid to let them each explore the things they wanted and so we could cover more ground quicker. Its dark in there and I would not feel comfortable with either of my kids roaming freely without one of us with them. Its a place that I hope my kids don't ask to go back to for a long time.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! When I went to WDW two years ago, (I was 11 at the time, same age as your older son) my parents brought my brother (age 8 at the time) to Disney Quest. It was AMAZING. Yes, it was crowded at some attractions, but there's enough to do that you can skip it and come back to it at another time...defenitely a must see for tweens! Hope this helps!

Rebecca (:
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: