Quantcast Hotel advice near DL?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel advice near DL?

Hey Everyone! My family and I are going to be visiting DL at the end of July for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to which hotel might suite my family better. I was looking at the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, or the Candy Cane Inn. I do have 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl and they are both under 6, So I'm guessing Candy Cann Inn will be their choice, but does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? I'm going to be bringing the childrens sleeping bags so space is not a huge deal, but I just want to make sure they will have the best experience. If anyone could lend a hand that would be a great help! Thankyou!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot.

My question is; why the sleeping bags?
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Howard Johnson's that is across from the entrance and about a block from the resort. It is hugely popular, mainly due to the cool kid's water play area. They also have some cool kid's bunk bed suites there (one room has a king bed, the other has bunk beds and it's pirate themed, I think). Prices are pretty good and they often run specials.

Candy Cane Inn has good reviews too, but it's not a "suite" hotel.

I'd simply choose the resort that CLOSEST to the main entrance on Harbor and that works the best for your family.

Also, yeah, why make the kids sleep on the floor? All these hotels will have bedding for them.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend the Howard Johnson or the Candy Cane, based on what's been recommended so far. I would do a google map search of the area and find one that is closest to the entrance of the park. Pretty much all of the hotels in Anaheim say 'one block from DL' however, keep in mind, that is often the back gate area and not where you can enter the park. The Tropicana Inn & Suites is directly across from the parking lot entrance as are several other places. The Howard Johnson is close, too, and the Quality Inn and Suites is just past the Howard Johnson. I stayed there a couple of years ago and it was nice enough, with a good breakfast complete with a make your own waffle station.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay at the DL hotel but a couple years ago my SIL her 3 kids and myself decided to stay at Howard Johnson. With a coupon from the entertainment book we got a great deal. The hotel is within a easy walking distance from the park or they have a shuttle that runs constantly. We did both while there. We had two double beds and a roll away and still had plenty of room. The pool is pirate themed, I think. It was under construction when we were there. I have since looked a pictures and it looks like it would be a lot of fun. We would highly recomment this hotel and your kids would not have to use sleeping bags.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot

I love the Park Vue Inn. It is directly across the street from the DLR. They have bunk beds. We stayed in one of the rooms with the queen and bunk beds. I have some pics of the room. The rooms also have a small referigerator and microwave. The location is great. It is also right next to the IHOP.

Have fun planning
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

As this is a thread about Disneyland accommodations, I am going to move it to Accommodations forum for Disneyland.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBix86 View Post
    Hey Everyone! My family and I are going to be visiting DL at the end of July for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to which hotel might suite my family better. I was looking at the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, or the Candy Cane Inn. I do have 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl and they are both under 6, So I'm guessing Candy Cann Inn will be their choice, but does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? I'm going to be bringing the childrens sleeping bags so space is not a huge deal, but I just want to make sure they will have the best experience. If anyone could lend a hand that would be a great help! Thankyou!
    to INTERCOT!

There are several favorites among members here ... my personal favorite is the Ramada Maingate, it has a great pool area and the rooms are really big and its an easy walk across from the Resort. Another option would be the Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites -- which is right across the street from Disneyland!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

There is currently a "5 for 3" deal that I think runs right through the summer and might make one of the actual Disney hotels more accessible for you. We were originally booked for the Candy Cane, but when the deal came out we moved to the Disneyland Hotel - for only a couple hundred more. I like it because it is right on property and has a really nice pool area (although I haven't acutally been there yet, LOL)

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Howard Johnsons on our last trip and loved it. The room was huge and it was a very easy walk to the Park. The deal that we got was incredible so very happy with the cost which left more for spending!

-----------------------
    Dana

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: