Quantcast Real Crib

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Real Crib

Post Thanks / Like

Question Real Crib

Hey guys!

Going again in Nov/Dec. DS2 still needs a baby bed (he is autistic and needs his own quiet space). I don't think he can still fit in the pack n plays. Or maybe he can fit, but it will be a tight squeeze.

Has anyone had any experience renting a real crib? Was is a good deal/worth the money? Easy to set-up?

We requested AB at POR so if we get it we will have trundle beds-which would be perfect for him! But, I'm just concerned that he needs his own confined "chill out" space.

Thanks for your help!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We rented a full size crib from A Baby's Best Friend back last November. It couldn't have been better or easier. I filled out the form online and the crib was delivered directly to our room at the Poly. We actually had to stay an extra night. I called and there was no problem (I think you get a week's rental) for the extra night. Upon checkout, the baggage room came and retrieved it.
    Step up was a little tricky, but after figuring it out, it took about 10 minutes. Likewise, taking the crib apart was simple also! We plan on using them this November again.
    June 1983-Off Site
    June 1991-Fort
    March 1993-Fort
    June 1997-WL (Honeymoon)
    April 2004-AKL
    April 2005-WL
    May 2006-Poly/DCL
    May 2007-Poly/DCL
    May 2008-Poly
    Nov. 2009-Poly
    Nov. 2010-Poly
    Nov. 2011-Poly
    Nov. 2012-Poly
    UPCOMING TRIPS:
    ???
    ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

We've always used the pack and plays but one year (2007 I think?) we stayed at the Poly and they provided a full size crib, it was wonderful! Our littlest doesn't need either anymore but when she did, it was nice having the curtain to pull back (in the moderates) for some quiet time. Good luck planning and have a great time! (Sorry, I guess I didn't really answer your question!)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm told that some of the DVC's have real cribs. Have requested two for our March trip. Time will tell if we get cribs or pack-n-plays. I wonder if you called Disney and explained that you have a medical reason for wanting a full size crib if they would be able to reserve one for you...even at POR. I especially would make the request that due to medical reason you require the AB and trundle bed. Have a wonderful visit.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I have two autistic sons. We had FABULOUS results with the Toddler Aerobed. My younger one slept in in at just 2 years old and it became "his" bed for hotels. We used it a few times in different places. The best price is on Amazon. What I loved about it was that it was REALLY small when rolled up and packed away. Small enough to put into a smaller rolling duffel and take on the plane. Also, it has raised sides, so he couldn't roll out, and it's simply the perfect size for toddlers. It's easy to tuck away into a corner of the hotel room (or, at POR, it would fit great under the "closet" area).

It also came in handy for naptimes at home when he outgrew the pack and play that I had set up in my room (actually, in our HUGE walk in closet!). I replaced the PNP with the Toddler Aerobed and he continued to nap in there for a year more. He's 4 now so no more naps, and he sleeps in regular hotel beds now with no issues (as well as the bottom bunk in the room he shares with his bro).

We did stay at GCH in a bunk bed room when he was 3. At that point, he was not yet sleeping in a regular bed, but that room came with a trundle bed, and that was PERFECT for him. We had brought our Aerobed for him, but he chose the trundle bed instead.

The rooms at POR really don't seem big enough for a full crib, but maybe others have done it...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    I'm told that some of the DVC's have real cribs.
    I got a full-size crib from Disney when I stayed at the BLT in September. The CMs automatically think the already supplied Pack-n-Plays are adequate, but I was politely persistent in requesting a full size crib. Housekeeping delivered a real metal full size crib within an hour of us getting in our unit.

I think full-size cribs are available at all Deluxe and DVC resorts, but I don't know about moderates and values. I've read that you sometime have to be persistent with the CMs, some of whom don't know they're available. I think the RustyScupper has experience as a CM bringing a crib from one resort to another very late at night.
    Last edited by MidnTPK; 06-04-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Link to thread on same topic added
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
    I got a full-size crib from Disney when I stayed at the BLT in September. The CMs automatically think the already supplied Pack-n-Plays are adequate, but I was politely persistent in requesting a full size crib. Housekeeping delivered a real metal full size crib within an hour of us getting in our unit.
    Just curious, was it a truly "FULL sized crib". I ask because when our DS was 6 months old, we stayed in a hotel in San Francisco and they brought up a metal crib for him, but it was most definitely NOT as large as his crib mattress at home (which was a standard crib mattress). It was fine for a baby, but I wouldn't put a 2.5 year old in one of those. I don't think they are designed for kids old enough to stand. I recall the metal crib we got had pretty short sides.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Just curious, was it a truly "FULL sized crib".
    Yes, truly full size. We used our fitted crib sheets from home for a few nights.

You're probably thinking of travel sized ones...which is the size I received at the Swan for my trip in 2008.

I also know the difference because my in-laws bought a travel size crib for their vacation home. Well, my DD who is neraly 40 inches and will be 3 in several weeks, is still in her crib, and when we were just down there I had to assemble a full-size crib for her to sleep in....the travel size one wasn't long enough.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again, I'm still thinking about this...

So, we may stay at POP instead of POR, has anyone rented a crib from Baby's Best Friend and squeezed it into a Value Room? I was thinking if I did maybe I would ask for someone at the resort to remove the table and 2 chairs from the room so the crib could fit there. What do you guys think?

Baby's Best Friend seems to have "real" cribs and the price of $82 for the week with free delivery seemed pretty good as well.

Thanks for your help.
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I asked Member Services about a full size crib for my recent stay and was told the cribs they would deliver are no bigger than the ones already in the room at AKLV. True or not, I can't confirm, we decided bed rails would suffice and it was fine.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: