Quantcast Renting an Electic Car in Key West

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting an Electic Car in Key West

I can't believe it, but I just paid for our August cruise!!! We are actually going on our first ever cruise.

We weren't planning on booking excursions, figuring that we'd have more than enough to do on the ship, and a quick look around the ports would be enough.

But, we were looking around the Disney Cruise site yesterday, and are thinking that we'd like to do the "rent an electric car" excursion in Key West.

Has anyone done this? (or rented through an outside company?) Is it easy to drive around Key West, will I be able to find places to park around the attractions it takes you by?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions as the trip gets closer
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Heather, we've been to Key West several times, and although we've never rented one of the electric cars, I can tell you that traffic in the "downtown" area (Duval Street in particular) is normally very heavy with lots of pedestrian traffic and narrow streets. Parking is pretty tight, but the small electric vehicles seem to usually find a space fairly close to where they want to be.

Given the relatively short time that the ship is in "The Conch Republic", the electric cars are a good option for getting around and seeing the sights. Just make sure you're in the Mallory Square area for the sunset celebration; it's quite a memorable and interesting event.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

We loved renting the electric car in May of last year for our cruise. We rented the one for 4. It had a great GPS system in it, that told you where you were, what was historic about that spot. You could stop, park, walk, do whatever you wanted at your leisure. The group that we rented from, off the Disney website, was very courteous, friendly, and helpful. By the way, congratulations on your first cruise. You have chosen the best cruise line in our opinion. We are getting ready to take our 7th cruise with Disney. I just can't believe I waited so long to start crusing. ENJOY!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for your advice. We're quite excited about the cruise

I'm going to go and book the electric car, it sounds like it is going to be a blast
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We tried to book our car today, and all of the Disney excursions were already booked, or at least weren't available.

Does anyone have any experince with a company on their own? I've googled some, but am wondering if anyone has a recommendation?
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

sunshine rentals is one of the larger companies in town however a lot of the other companies rent them, i haven't been down there for about a year now, and as such i have forgotten about the companies.
    i do know that artyboy is down there and works with some companies, and as such would be able to speak about such things better than i can, ill send him a pm about this thread so he could chime in.

as a local who had to deal with people running all over things like those id say stick with the car and don't get a moped, also pay attention to what your doing its not uncommon for accidents to be caused because both parties weren't paying attention
    “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
    Arthur C. Clarke

"Disney Imagineers- mixing imagination with vision and technology to really bring magic to life"

“The closer you look at something, the more you see…”

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much!

We will stick with a car, I really don't want to start the cruise with an accident (plus, DH would never let me live it down )
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: