Quantcast Did you notice the change? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom' Morrow is alive and well! He has moved to ST at HS. Listen when you are going through the line. Was there 5/18 and was surprised to hear his page. Also, Mr. Toad is still turning over his deed at Pooh.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNDisney Dad View Post
    Tom' Morrow is alive and well! He has moved to ST at HS. Listen when you are going through the line. Was there 5/18 and was surprised to hear his page. Also, Mr. Toad is still turning over his deed at Pooh.
    cool! will totally listen for mr. morrow!!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Oh so many...

1. Clean Plate Club at 50's Prime Time
    2. First scene in The Great Movie Ride used to be animated, with a bubble machine.
    3. Dinosaur was a whole different ride really.
    4. Kilamajaro Safari used to have a jeep with poachers that would shoot at you, etc.
    5. Discovery River used to have gysers, etc up by Africa.

The list goes on...

As a soldier who has been to Iraq twice, my guess is that they took out the poachers shooting at you so that a soldier with PTSD doent have a bad experience. Not for sure, but that would be my guess. The guys who drive up and down the highways while in Iraq and Afganistan get wound up pretty tight when taking fire. With Disneys ability to make things "come alive" for guests, this could be a bit much for them. Again, its just a guess.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNDisney Dad View Post
    I love, love the Tom Morrow page. We were just talking about it the other day when discussing our upcoming trip. So where can I hear it? ST at HS???? Can you tell me what this means? I cannot figure it out
    Carol (44) AKA Merrymouse mom to dd 14, ds 12, dd 8, dh 46
    2010 Nov 11-17 POR
    2006 Sept 21-27 POR
    2004 Jan 20-26 GF
    1981 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Don't know if they changed KS because of PTSD or not. I thought it was more for political correctness...
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned a few weeks ago. We noted to the CM at TTA that we really didn't like the new voiceover. He told us that he hears numerous compaints everyday. It's not just missing "Tom Morrow", it's the whole retro voice. "Now entering Mickey Star Taders"....etc.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    As a soldier who has been to Iraq twice, my guess is that they took out the poachers shooting at you so that a soldier with PTSD doent have a bad experience. Not for sure, but that would be my guess. The guys who drive up and down the highways while in Iraq and Afganistan get wound up pretty tight when taking fire. With Disneys ability to make things "come alive" for guests, this could be a bit much for them. Again, its just a guess.
    First off, thank you for your service!

Second, the poachers jeep has been in and out of service, and last time I paid attention, the sound effects of guns shooting and tires screeching were still there, however the jeep has long since been out of comission. For me, I'd rather know where the shooting is coming from than not (admitting I've never been shot at before).

Post Thanks / Like

The change to the poachers in Kilamanjaro happened long before the sandbox. It was at the latter end of the politically correct phase that took hold of Disney back in the 90's. But yes I would agree with the PTSD though since I have had it for a while.

Including not to mention POTC where the wenches now chase the pirates. The narration to Hall of Presidents. I still like the original peoplemover soundtrack, the original POTC the way it was.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merrymouse View Post
    I love, love the Tom Morrow page. We were just talking about it the other day when discussing our upcoming trip. So where can I hear it? ST at HS???? Can you tell me what this means? I cannot figure it out
    ST (Star Tours) at HS (Hollywood Studios).

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a subtle change really, but the overall experience of the Backlot Tour.... I was watching some Martin's Vids and saw all of Residential Street, the working studio, and Dick Tracy!! I miss those fun things. =/
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

The working animation studio died with the advent and success of CGI. I miss the old style animation too.

"Progress".

best,

................john

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kelly View Post
    The change to the poachers in Kilamanjaro happened long before the sandbox. It was at the latter end of the politically correct phase that took hold of Disney back in the 90's. ...
    AK opened in 1998 with the poachers story line in play until fairly recently. I understand removing the CM with the AK-47 which I think happened shortly after 9/11, but the jeep chase is what I'm referring to as broken.

I thought this thread was originally about Disney's changes to attractions because or lack of maintenance, etc, not because of refurbs, etc. Like the missing mist on EE and things of that nature.

The refurbs don't bother me so much in general. PoTC was much better before Jack Sparrow, but it did need an update like HM. Which I'll go on record as saying was fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested ine changes to seeing POTC and HM. I have not been to the parks since March 05.
    First trip August 1975

Post Thanks / Like

Default changes

One change I've noticed over the years is that, during peak times, some of the attractions seem to go faster. Off the top of my head, I remember thinking this on TTA and JC. They both seemed to move faster in June than they do in November. My family thought I was losing it, but I even see it in video I shot on different trips. Has anyone else noticed this?
    July, 1973 - Polynesian
    July, 1976 - Polynesian
    July, 1978 - Polynesian
    October, 1982 - Hotel Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    November, 1999 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2003 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
    November, 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the group missing the original TTA soundtrack...we really missed it last trip. I also don't like the changes with the Backlot Tour. I loved the houses. But there is still plenty at Disney that I love that keeps me coming back!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

When RnR first opened there was a actually guy in the studio preshow that picked up a guitar when one of the guys from Aerosmith said, "Hey can you get that Les Paul for me?" I remember seeing that during soft openings and thinking, "I wonder how long that will last?" I don't remember when I last saw him, but he is gone now.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

First off, forgive me if this has already been mentioned...I skimmed the posts very quickly and I'm not sure if I've read them all. Okay...my family really misses the part of Kilimanjaro Safari when the ride vehicle would actually stop for a moment on the old, creaky bridge. When the attraction was new, the bridge would dip for a moment as if we were going to plummet off instead of just making the creaking noise. For us (especially my son), it was the best part of the ride. He's 20 now, and he still hopes that maybe, just maybe, it will do it again, someday. I have a feeling it's not going to happen, but...one can hope.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the staff members from another Disney board I follow was on Dinosaur today and said the ride has looked as good as it ever had with alot of the old effects up and running. That's great news as it was one of my favorites without em, I just hope they're still running in December.

Someone once told me that the bridge bit at the Safaris was not made to happen on each and every ride and meant to be more than an every now and then surprise.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when CoP had the original musical score not Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. This attraction should get an AA update. It is peaceful and relaxing.

I also miss Horizons and World Of Motion. Just as I was beginning to appreciate EPCOT for what it was, everything was changed.
    First trip August 1975

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kelly View Post
    I remember when CoP had the original musical score not Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.
    "Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life."
    Transformer's connected to the toggle switch. The toggle switch connected to the antennae. The antennae connected to the control track. The control track connected to the bird brain. The bird brain connected to the tape deck. The tape deck connected to...Awk! Blew a fuse. Blew a fuse. Turn me off.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: