Quantcast I lost my dog this morning... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. When we lost our beloved Misti it was so hard on our entire family. It was the first real loss my kids had been through and they really had a hard time with it. One thing that seemed to help us all was making a donation to the local animal shelter in Misti's name. We got a certificate when we donated in her name and put her picture with it in a special book for "In Memory of Donations" and every time we go in to the shelter we can look in the book and see her photo and our certificate. It made us feel better to do something for the shelter and doing it in her name made it all the more meaningful.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing quite like losing your best friend. Our last lab was almost 15 when we had to make the heart breaking decision to have her put down. Regardless of how it happens its never easy.

Take comfort from her leaving on her own doing, while close and loved by you. It sounds like she had a very loving family.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so, so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it! Yesterday was one of the hardest, longest days we've had as a family. Everything was taken care of, carpets cleaned, dog bowl removed, etc. Just hoping to make it easier, for the kids especially. When my DH got home from work, he spent a good 15 min. in the garage saying goodbye. Then Jacob (my 14 yr. old) helped him put her in the back of the truck for the vets office. They both left crying. My son said that was one tough drive.

Well, today is a rainy Monday, but thats ok, it's a new day. Tinkerfreak, what a wonderful idea that was. The boys actually came up with perhaps buying a dogwood tree for the back yard. Then every spring, they could think of her when it blooms. I thought that was a wonderful idea.
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

soo sorry for your loss..ive been through it a few times and its never easy..

The Rainbow Bridge story

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Brittany, I truly have to believe that's true. It's just got to be. I think I've declared this another "no makeup" day.
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time of loss.

Our pets are family members and it is so hard.

My mom's beloved dog died last week, and on Saturday we all gathered in her backyard at noon, and had a memorial for Toro. We all shared a few of our fondest memories of Toro, and scattered his ashes in his favorites spots around the yard. It was a nice testimony to a beloved family member.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know it is very hard. I lost my beloved sheltie Bonnie back in 2005. I still think about her every now and then, and when I read stories about others losing their furry family members tears still come.

You will always love your dog, and you will see her again. She was probably very happy that she got to go peacefully at home next to your bed where she felt the most comfortable.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. Two years ago we lost our Samoyed the same way. He just laid down, went to sleep and that was it. I knew we were lucky that he didn't suffer, but it was still so painful. HUGS!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so very sorry for your loss, we too lost our black lab a month ago while we were in Disney. he was my very best friend and it was terrible to be so far away. I know just how you feel, it's been 5 weeks and I still can't stop crying. We rescued a dashund named Lucky 2 weeks ago ,he is a lovely dog but I still miss my baby

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss. It is more than okay to cry. We lost our cat several years ago. Since then we've rescued two cats and a dog from shelters. We joke that it took two cats and a dog to replace that one special cat. Our wonderful vet sent us The Rainbow Bridge poem story and I thought it was the perfect thing for him to send. It made us feel so much better. It is so tough to lose such a special part of the family. Just remember all of those special memories and it will make things a little easier. I think the dogwood tree is a perfect idea!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I am late to this thread, but I am so sorry for your loss!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I missed this thread until now, but I wanted to say how sorry I am about losing your lab. It's so, so difficult to lose a member of the family like that. Really, pets are family members, and our pups are like our kids. We always refer to them as "the girls", not "the dogs".

We had a female black lab when I was a kid, and she lived to be 12, too. Sadly, she didn't have the chance to pass in her sleep. She suffered with arthritis, and got so bad in the end we had to put her to sleep. It was terribly sad.

Hopefully you will start smiling when you remember her, and not cry. It takes time, but it will happen. I promise.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It's tough. Our cat was 14 when she passed away during the day. I had been working in the basement for a few hours and she was gone when I went back upstairs. She had been sick, so it wasn't completely unexpected. It's tough but it does get easier to handle as time goes on.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much everyone, what a wonderful bunch of people here! Things are slowly getting back to routine here, there's just something missing, though, that's for sure. The boys are busy with end of the school year stuff, so they are keeping very busy. I guess that's a good thing. We don't talk about her too much, it's just hard right now. I know it will get easier as time goes on. I miss her so much! Thanks again, and everyone that's lost a pet, I'm so sorry. I'm sure they're all playing together right now, just waiting for us!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss. Our lab Tully Mars is 2. He is a definite member of the family. Prayers out for you and your family.
    Joe
    " I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we are in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." Calvin & Hobbes

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for you and your family, Lisa. Dogs are very special members of our family. What a peaceful way for her to pass, I would wish that for all of our pets.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: