Quantcast "it's a small world" Scheduled for Refurbishment - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Us too. Check in August 20th. And although my kids won't be missing out (they usually ride it about 10 times per trip) - they will still be majorly disappointed.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they're finally going to follow suit with the other Disney parks around the world and install It's a Small World Holiday as an Xmas season offering here at WDW.

After all, the other 4 parks now offer that overlay, so it's only right for WDW to jump on that bandwagon.

Also, with all the Fantasyland construction going on in the MK (including the upcoming closure of Mickey's Toontown Fair), they do have to come up with ways to give guests incentives to continue visiting the MK, even while the construction is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I wonder what the chances are of them opening it up a couple (well, almost three) weeks early....?
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    So, I wonder what the chances are of them opening it up a couple (well, almost three) weeks early....?
    Pretty much none. I don't think I've ever seen them open early on a refurb. They usually don't run too much over, either. You can almost always count on it being on the announced time.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Pretty much none. I don't think I've ever seen them open early on a refurb. They usually don't run too much over, either. You can almost always count on it being on the announced time.
    AAARGH! IASW is one of my favorite rides and if these dates stick I will JUST miss it! Please, please, please end a day or so early, just this once...

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)
    2012 (Grand Californian)
    DCL:
    2012 (2 night cruise from NYC!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaParkMan View Post
    Maybe they're finally going to follow suit with the other Disney parks around the world and install It's a Small World Holiday as an Xmas season offering here at WDW.
    Fairly certain that is only Disneyland in California, and it's beautiful by the way, but don't think that's the case here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Fairly certain that is only Disneyland in California, and it's beautiful by the way, but don't think that's the case here.
    FYI, as I stated in my last post, ALL the other Disney parks around the world now offer It's a Small World Holiday except WDW.

So, that means it's not a DL-only thing. Tokyo Disneyland's version of IaSW started doing the Xmas overlay in 2003, with the Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland incarnations following in their footsteps this past year.

So, that's a major reason why WDW should follow suit and change over their Small World ride for the holidays.

After all, if they can get away with putting SpectroMagic and Wishes on hiatus for the Summer season, they can most certainly get away with giving seasonal overlays to classic attractions.

And I think that by them doing Summer Nighttastic, I've become cautiously optimistic that they might be developing a greater willingness to start doing more new and different seasonal events throughout the year, including improved Xmas season offering line-ups, including bringing back previously-cut offerings like the Country Bear Xmas Show, Lights of Winter, Mickey's Tree-Lighting Treat, etc. and possibly bringing fresh new stuff like It's a Small World Holiday.

Hope that turns out being the case...

Post Thanks / Like

So, that's a major reason why WDW should follow suit and change over their Small World ride for the holidays.
    I would like to see it, but I'm not holding my breath. DL (and the other DLs around the world) are seen as more local attractions where folks come multiple times a year. WDW is viewed as a place folks come (at most) once a year, and maybe not that often so they are much more hesitant to chance things (see the HM seasonal overlay which has been a big success at DL, but hasn't come to WDW).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, as I stated in my last post, ALL the other Disney parks around the world now offer It's a Small World Holiday except WDW.
    Ah well, thanks for the update. We were at Hong Kong Disneyland on Christmas day in '08 and I knew that wasn't the case. And I hope they don't ever bring it to WDW. Why does everything have to be so uniform across the parks?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: