Quantcast Bathing suit for water park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bathing suit for water park

Okay, ladies. I haven't been to a waterpark since I was a teenager (very, very long ago). We're planning on taking a "disney water park" weekend in August. Normally, I wear a 2 piece suit, but am concerned about wearing one that the parks. I've heard stories of tops comming off or undone and I'm not really into giving shows, if you know what I mean! I don't anticipate doing the huge slide at BB, but other than that, I'll probably do the rest. I'm thinking one piece, but am having trouble finding one that fits right. For those of you that have gone, what to you recommend?
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not been to the waterparks, but if you're not comfortable in a bikini, what about a tankini? That way you're getting more coverage without the fear of undone tops. I have a long torso and have problems finding a one piece that fits. A tankini is kind of the best of both worlds.
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to both parks in a bikini and have had no problems. Especially in the wave pool at TL. I wore the bikini that you can tie in a double knot. I wouldn't trust the ones that snap or closure ones. (I don't know the right words for those LOL)
    Jun '00 Jul '03 - All-Star Music
    Aug '05 - POP
    May '07 - All-Star Sports
    Aug '08 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Mar '09 - POP
    Sept '10 - POP (Our DD 1st Trip!!)
    Oct ' 11-Nov '11 - POP
    Nov '13 -Off Property Bonnet Creek
    Jun '14 -POP (Our DS 1st Trip!!)
    Jun '15 -POP
    Aug '15 -Disneyland (1st Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest a one piece. Tops do fly off and at the bottom of the slides the castmembers are asking you to quickly exit the area. When you are at the bottom and a bit disoriented getting up and out and fixed all at the same time does not always work out so well. Even with a one piece the back can end up looking like half a thong. I love two pieces too but I just feel so much more free when I have a one piece on at the water parks. With a one piece I do not have any worries of losing this or that or holding everything in anticipation just pure ride enjoyment.
    1972 - 1995 - Stayed with family or camped
    1996 - 2003 - All Stars
    2004 - Disneyland
    2006 - All Stars
    04/14/07 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    04/19/08 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    05/02/09 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    08/28/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Although I am not a girl I know exactly what kind of suite I would want to wear for maximum comfort, medium coverage and a fun cute look that is also family friendly. I would go with a two peice but one of the tankini styles that have the cropped rash guard style top (so you can still see your tummy if you have great abs) and the square boy short boty short style bottoms. I think it is a very sporty look, that is also comfortable looking.
    Last edited by ibelieveindisneymagic; 05-14-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: removed link as per TOS

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the tankini! That's what I wear (trust me, I couldn't wear a bikini, no one wants to see that!!). I buy the long top tankini, my current one is actually a triathalon top and medium coverage bikini bottoms. It's a racerback design and covers the "girls" so no fear of giving a "show"! I wouldn't wear anything with loose straps or flimsy closures! It sounds like you may be pretty fit and can show your tummy, so you can opt for a shorter length tankini top. Hope this helps and have fun!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I find that a tankini works well as does a one piece. A bikini is a bit of a risk if you do the water slides but if you are set on a bikin and are most comfortable in one why not get a cute little crop t-shirt to wear while you do the slides and then take it off when you are not sliding and just lounging in the lazy river or on a lounge chair. That way you can wear what you like and still not have to worry about losing your top. One last suggestion don't go with a white or very pale t-shirt that will be transparent when it gets wet. That would defeat the purpose. Lol!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: