Quantcast Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Announced! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the idea, hate the choices. Nemo, eh. Like someone said, CBR has Nemo themed rooms already. B&TB should be represented. How about the classics? Why have themed sections anyway? The resort should celebrate ALL Disney animation. All-Star Movies on a family suite scale. I guess it could hav ebeen worse. Stitch could have been one of the themes.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great news for the space. I stayed at Pop a couple of years ago and the abandoned area was very un-disney. Is it definitely going to be considered a value? The cars theming sounds fun; especially for my 3 grandsons.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I like the suite idea, this is a great idea for the family that wants more space but is on a budget. My guess with the 4 choices, is that Cars is popular with the boys, Ariel is popular with the girls and Nemo and Lion King are both kind of neutral? I am interested to see the suite pricing.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

The AK Kidani Village DVC has Lion King themed art work and tile work in the bathrooms. There is also a Simba pattern woven into the curtains. It's subtle, but it's very clearly Lion King *embellished*, if you will. Just wondering why repeat the same theme, when there are SO many movies to choose from. Even Snow White or Cinderella would have been better, I think.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I REALLY hope that they have actual beds for 6 people in these rooms...I know they won't, but I hate paying for a hotel room where most of the family gets stuck on sleeper sofas and fold-out ottomans and such. I love being able to have the whole family together in a larger room, but for the money we're paying for the room, everyone deserves a real bed. I'm still a little iffy about this hotel...aren't the rooms at Caribbean Beach basically Nemo-themed (besides the pirate rooms)? And, I agree with previous posters - while AK isn't exactly Lion King-themed, it's close enough. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out. I'm glad they're finally doing something with the deserted half of Pop Century, though, and finally building something that's not DVC!
    CEO: "So, what is it you hope to accomplish with this invention?"
    Bowler Hat Guy: "Oh, nothing of consequence...except to crush the dreams of a young orphan boy! After that it's kind of hazy."
    CEO: "So, you haven't thought this through?"

Post Thanks / Like

We are stoked!! Cannot wait to stay here in 2012!!! Yay!!!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harlowandthemermaid View Post
    I like the suite idea, this is a great idea for the family that wants more space but is on a budget. My guess with the 4 choices, is that Cars is popular with the boys, Ariel is popular with the girls and Nemo and Lion King are both kind of neutral? I am interested to see the suite pricing.
    I thought the same thing. That's probably why they went with those particular 4.

I think this is a great idea, but what does it make Pop 'Century' now? Pop-Half-Century? I wouldn't be surprised to see a name change to Pop Century in the next few years. Who knows?!
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

glad they are finally doing something w that area. I stood at the end of the bridge on my last trip looking at the area.
    although i wonder if they think attendance is going to be up then to fill it
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought of something about this... and it's not great.

My family always loved staying at Pop over the other value resorts, one of the main reasons being that it had its own bus system. I bet they're planning to make these two resorts share. I'm not happy about that if it's true.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad that they are finally deciding to do something with that space - and I'm even more happy that the choice wasn't to tear it down!

I think the idea is really cool. I was excited when I read what the description of the hotel and immediately decided I would be staying in Little Mermaid or Lion King

Buuut, when I saw it was going where the Legendary Years was meant to be I was disappointed. When we stayed at Pop my friends and I had a lot of fun discussions thinking about how they would theme each of the decades there and we couldn't wait to see what Disney would do with it. So it's kind of disappointing that we won't get to see it. And I do have to respectfully disagree with an earlier poster who said it was "impossible" to cover those decades without bringing in the World Wars and Depression, because I don't see Korea or the Vietnam War in any of the Classic Years.

But all in all, can't wait to see this area become something for us all to enjoy! And the suites are definitely good news to families of 5 or more! It was always a challenge figuring out where to stay for my family of 5
    * Yacht Club * Pop Century * WDW Dolphin * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Old Key West *

Next trip:
    November 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort - Wine and Dine Half Marathon

February 2014 Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

This is ok with me, I'm glad they are doing something with the space. Now, as to the other half of the Century, it could still be done simply by changing a few buildings at Pop, they could re theme each of the wings of each building easy enough to incorporate the missing years.
    The animation idea does fit better overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    I just thought of something about this... and it's not great.

My family always loved staying at Pop over the other value resorts, one of the main reasons being that it had its own bus system. I bet they're planning to make these two resorts share. I'm not happy about that if it's true.
    Food for thought: If they actually had finished the Legendary Years, the two sides would have shared bus service anyway... So, what's the difference?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default some marketing ideas

I'm really happy they are finishing off this area.
    Now for some ideas on how to make it more marketable.
    I think they should have some of the rooms with twin size bunk beds. I agree that the sleep sofa/ottomans are not comfy or practical.
    If they put a king size bed with a bunk bed then mom and dad can sleep and boy/girl kids have their own beds.
    or 2 double beds with a bunk bed would cover six to a room more comfy.
    I travel with my sister and my 2 boys. we bring air beds for the boys, I'm sure they would love a bunk bed instead.
    Just some scenerios where bunk beds would be very handy.
    also, I really really really hope the put in the nice comfy mattresses available now to make it nice. like the heavenly beds

a suite with 2 double beds and bunk beds with a dorm size refrig and a microwave oven would be fabulous! and a separate toilet/ shower area (like on the cruise ships)

Just my wishes.

Oh and some princess themed suites would be great for people with little girls.
    maybe some jungle book rooms for boys?
    Song of the south rooms AWESOME!!!!!!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy they're finally making use of those buildings but I'm not crazy about the theme choices. Little Mermaid & Lion King are good choices. I could deal with Nemo but Cars.... Seriously?
    What about classics like Peter Pan? or how cool would an Alice in Wonderland theme be? Imagine the possibilities there. Aladdin would even offer some great theming.
    Actually instead of having a few themes in different rooms, why not a generic animation theme and make the exterior of the buildings have all the specific theming with icons from all the great Disney animated films.

But if Pixar must dominate the theming (seems to be a common thing now) why not Toy Story? Obviously the franchise that made Pixar huge and with TS3 coming out it will spark new interest.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome! Does anyone know for sure whether this will be a Value resort? It will be great to have larger rooms, as our family is starting to outgrow the normal size rooms. We could go for the family suite at All Stars, but have really fallen for Pop Century and their great bus system!

Post Thanks / Like

I like this idea. I probably won't ever stay here since I'm a vacation club owner but I do think there needs to be more value family suites for families on a tighter budget. As for theme's I love the ideas so far, could use more variety but I want to wait and see before passing final judgment.

With that being said I often don't understand why the boo-birds come out so quickly. In the past couple of years all I've read is people complaining about the unfinished side to Pop. Now that Disney is finally doing something with this eye-sore people are complaining before the product is even finished. Just don't get it.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome news!! I could not be more excited! We've stayed at the All Star Music family suites before and loved them. This should be even better because of the movie theming. Love the movies they chose. Can't wait to stay here!

3/05 - AS Mo
    3/06 - AS Mo
    10/06-AS Sp
    5/07 - AS Mo
    10/07-AS Mu
    3/08 - Pop/Ft.Wild.
    3/09 - Pop
    8/09 - Bay Lake Tower
    2/10 - Contemp.
    9/10 - AS Sp
    5/11 - AS Sp
    7/11 - Pop
    1/12 - Pop
    10/12-AoA Cars
    8/13 - AS Mu
    3/15 - Pop
    8/15 - AS Mo
    2/16 - Pop
    5/17 - AS Sp
    10/18-AoA LK

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of 6 people, but will hold my enthusiasm until I hear about the pricing!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I think with larger families, blended families, and more families of multiples, family suites are needed. I think disney is doing what they do best, serving all differnt families.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

think i would have liked the legendary years idea better, but as long as it's going to be used and enjoyed that's all that matters. i always thought it was such a shame to see it rotting away like it was. this is great news~
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)