Quantcast Stormalong Bay Pool slide at BC closed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stormalong Bay Pool slide at BC closed

Just received a letter in mail stating that the pool slide at Stormalong Bay at the BC will be closed May 2 til sometime late May. Bummer!!! The same thing happened to us 3-4 years ago when we were to stay there. I was so mad last time I changed resorts. This time however we have lots of dinner ressies at EPCOT so I will just have to deal with it. I wanted my DS5 to experience it. I've never been on it before either. Guess we will have to go to Luna Park pool at BW for a slide.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a bummer! Sorry this happened. Especially when probably a big reason you chose that resort is the pool. Well as you said, at leat you have the Boardwalk pool.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know you could use the BW pool if you're staying at BC....? Is this only b/c of the slide being closed?

Post Thanks / Like

We are DVC member so we can pool hop at certain resorts and the BWV is one of them however from the letter I received anyone at BC and BCV can go to the Luna Park pool at BWV during the pool slide rehab. This happened a couple of years ago to us and the pool slide wasn't even closed when they said it would be. Maybe we will get lucky this time.

Post Thanks / Like

We got the same letter, but we don't get there until May 22, so maybe they'll have it finished before we leave.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

So sad we are staying here for the first time ever and will be here right in the middle of May...Hoping it re-opens towards the end of the trip...
    1993-Off-site
    1995/1996-Caribbean Beach
    1997-Dixie Landing
    1998-Caribbean Beach
    1999-Coronado Springs
    2000-Grosvenor
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Caribbean Beach
    2005-POP/Coronado Springs
    2006/2007-POP
    2008/2009-Riverside
    2010 - Beach Club
    2011 - Riverside

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, we were considering staying there this trip also. I would have been upset because that would have been a huge reason for us to stay there the pool area is great. At least you have options thought out already.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. The pool is a huge draw for most people staying there. I always expect pool closures when we visit in Jan. and Feb. because these are the coldest months for Florida. Why in the world would they do any pool refurbs in May? It seems they would want to have the pools all done before the start of the hottest part of the year.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Got the same letter this week. It does state that the Kiddie slide will not be affected.
    I agree about the timing. There must be problems with the big slide for them to do this now. Anyway, for those traveling at the beginning of May to the BC/BCVs, hope to see you there!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Will those of you who are going to BC or YC during the month of May give us an update when you get home on the status of the refurbishment please? Hopefully the refurbishment will get done sooner than expected.

Didn't they just do a refurbishment on Stormalong Bay a year or two ago?
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC