Quantcast In a pickle--about alfredo sauce!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default In a pickle--about alfredo sauce!

Hello friends!

Just as my title states, I'm kind of in a pickle. I have 40 people coming to my house on Saturday to celebrate my daughters First Communion/Confirmation.
    We are having a pasta dinner (lasagna, ziti and meat balls, grilled chicken alfredo, salad and garlic bread). I had planned on getting the alfredo at The Olive Garden, but I called tonight and a pint is $5 and it only serves 4.
    :

I know not everyone is going to eat that (with everything else we have), but I figure I need at least enough for 20 people. So, just the sauce is going to cost me $25!!

So, this brings me to my question, do any of you have a store bought alfredo that is really good you could suggest or maybe a yummy, easy recipe?

Please help!!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've used Ragu Cheesy Classic Alfredo sauce in the past. Pretty good taste-wise and not too expensive. I would just buy one jar to try ahead of time though to make sure you like it enough to buy a lot to serve it to a bunch of people.
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace șOș

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't care for store-bought alfredo sauce. Is catering the alfredo (pasta and all) from Olive Garden out of the question? I would think it still would be costly but probably a better deal then just ordering the sauce.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Alfredo for that many is going to be tough. The thing with a good Alfredo sauce is it needs to prepared, served, and eaten quickly or it just doesn't work (IMO). Maybe a francaise? Needs to be kept hot but will stand up for a buffet.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 04-07-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: add
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I make my own Alfredo sauce. It's fairly easy but needs to be served rather quickly or kept warm enough that it doesn't separate. I also can't guarantee that it's cheap - I don't really know how much it costs. Since I don't follow an actual recipe, here's my best guestimate:

1 stick salted butter (margarine will work but not as well)
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    5 - 6 oz shredded parmesan cheese (not the powdered kind)
    1/4 - 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the powdered kind)
    salt, pepper, and garlic to taste - I go light on these

Melt the butter in a skillet, add the cream, stir well. Add the salt, pepper, and garlic. When the mixture is hot and bubbly, add the shredded cheese, stirring continually until it melts. Add the grated cheese until sauce is as thick as you like it. Serve immediately over 1 package cooked fettuccine noodles.

Good luck! I'd probably buy jar sauce rather than go to all this trouble. And congrats to Kaylee! Give her hugs and kisses from us!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Classico has a pretty good one in a jar that I have used in the past. As I've been eating more healthfully for 3 years, I am now limiting my alfredo indulgences when eating out and not taking any leftovers home.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: