Quantcast Tower of Terror - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tower of Terror

Post Thanks / Like

Each child is different - work from the little things & go up to the bigger things to see if they can handle them. DS was certainly tall enough at 5, but there was no way that he was ready for ToT at that time.

DS (12) is standing right next to me & said, "NO WAY at 5"! But that's just him . . . I should add that now it's among his favorites at Disney! As another note, I was 41 before I got the guts to try this one - and now it's my favorite! This is the only attraction at Disney that can make me "scream like a girl".
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I rode it, I hated it (and I'm 20). But there were a lot of kids in line too. However, one little girl about 4-5 yrs old sticks out the most. After we got off the attraction, she was ****** that her dad took her! Down right angry.

As everyone said it depends on the kid--making it your last stop would be a good idea--but you might want a fastpass if you are going later in the day.

To be honest, I would be more concerned about Stitch's Great escape and it's tough to be a bug--those are really scary for little kids.

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends. Our 12 year old wants nothing to do with it while our 9 year old is looking forward to it on our trip later this year.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update....we were at the World last week and Tower of Terror was the first ride we went on to begin our trip. To say my 5 year old daughter LOVED it, would be a total understatement. We made 3 different trips to the Studios and went on Tower at least 7 times just for her. She also conquered Expedition Everest. Now, she wakes up every morning telling me she needs to ride Tower of Terror and the Bigfoot Ride.

Subsequently, and weirdly, The Great Movie Ride reduced her to tears and she swore she would never go on it again
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not sure whether or not the ride will scare your daughter, why not give it a try once without her? Have her wait with someone else (or go on another ride) while you try it. Then, it may be easier for you to determine whether or not it's too scary for her (I thought it'd be WAY to scary for me, but I actually loved it!). Then, if she does decide to ride, you'll be able to tell her exactly what's going to happen when it's going to happen. Knowing what to expect takes a lot of the scare out of it if she gets nervous!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty908 View Post
    To be honest, I would be more concerned about Stitch's Great escape and it's tough to be a bug--those are really scary for little kids.
    Haha! This is so true! When I was in second grade, my parents took me on it's tough to be a bug and I was TERRIFIED!

Post Thanks / Like

At age five, my youngest daughter loved all of the more thrilling rides- especially TOT. She even bought the movie in the shop on the way out. However, when our neighbor's daughter was five and went on she cried and held on to her mom's leg so tight, she left big red marks all over her legs where her fingernails had been. It all depends on the kid.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

It's too much for ME! but because it makes me very queasy.

Depends on the child, but I know alot of 5yr olds that would be scared. I would take her to the HM first and gauge.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: